Whats happened to Funkypool?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:36 Thu 2 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i'm not upset about this, (rank means nothing after all no more) but I've just been knocked out of a 9 ball tourney by a newbie called franer!!! newbie not!!!! one of the best players on this site, yes!!! i cant complain, top player but a newbie??? a the end of the day i know of franer and a top, top, player and i knew i had to raise my game, but franer, a newbie!!!!!

whats this all about!!!!!

p.s. as i said rank means nothing and didn't affect me as i think i lost -0.7 but still franer ranked as a newbie is wrong!!!!

nothing against franer as good guy and played in good spirits, and wish him all the best, but very misleading!!!!!

a point i think needs addressing!!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:34 Thu 2 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
he reset his stats .. people do it all the time
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:34 Thu 2 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I take back my last post on this thread please..... it happens, I accept that..... i'm new to forum posting that's all... should think b4 I type..... franer top man and top player, and any active player here would know that.... I did say I wasn't complaining, but I must have been to have posted here lol.... and yes, I am sorry...... after all, respect means a hell of a lot more than ranking points to me.... and franer definately got my respect for the way he plays, and not his reputation!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:03 Thu 2 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
It is one of things, I still think newbies shouldn't be allowed to enter tourneys until they lose their newb tag, but it falls on deaf ears every time
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:09 Thu 2 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Tournament entries are extremely low with newbies in so what would they be like without
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:19 Thu 2 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Apart from clan members, where would this site be lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:24 Thu 2 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
It would be gone, but that's a completely different matter. If newbies were stopped from entering tournies again then they may as well be scrapped altogether.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:33 Thu 2 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The only way this site will get better is if Nick starts to support the clans as quite frankly his site is now solely based around clans most of the players on here to get a decent game have to play clans.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:18 Thu 2 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Or you run two independent scoring systems. A proper, fair and meaningful ranking of players based on tournaments alone. And then an old style high score table based on 'ranked' games alone and with ability to pick and choose opponents.

Unfortunately I suspect this is not going to happen due to work needed. I have trouble even trying to advocate tournament schedule changes and the removal of the rogue double tournament on the hour each day!!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:25 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
scotch doubles is the way forward
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  

my real pool league won't even have that
kirk
kirk
18:45 Sat 4 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  

my real pool league won't even have that

Will your league have a retarded serial killer taxi driver?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:44 Sun 15 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I am finding it hard to get games.
bignose
bignose
20:53 Tue 8 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
thats what you get for being a spuds fan
quickshot
quickshot
23:23 Tue 8 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
was that relevant?