Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
king_1
king_1
18:00 Sat 6 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Hello all

This message is mainly aimed at mods and regular users and clan members.

I used to play funkypool all the time going back 4 years I used to be addicted. (Doing all nighters) to ensure all my game rankings were all at 800 lol.

I have been having the odd game here and there, not really as serious as I used to be because there is hardly anybody online?

Before I recall the game rooms were nearly full and you never had any hassle getting a game. It seems these days the game rooms are empty and there isn't any serious regular users?

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Its a great site and I think there should be more users playing. For comparison sake, does anyone know the website statistics? from 2010/2011 compared to 2014

for example - Regular users, games played etc?

Just a thought.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:42 Sat 6 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i was the same mate. Site has gone down hill badly and nobody seems to want to fix it. i remember about 4 years ago having to wait to get into the chat room becuase there was that many people in it. not anymore tho, sad really
_psmon_
_psmon_
02:45 Sun 7 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
lets face it.. the sites done
king_1
king_1
20:31 Mon 8 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
very sad :( has nothing been done to try and rectify it _psmon_ ?

Search Engine Optimisation
Advertisement
Sponsors

Yadayadaya

I don't see why it can't be restored to its original glory.

Real life pool league members would have a keen interest, after all if you like pool in real life you'll like Funkypool.

Who's in charge around here? who is the website owner etc?
king_1
king_1
20:35 Mon 8 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm a business development manager in the retail sector, a simple email marketing campaign and the odd poster in snookers halls across the UK challenging people on a one off online UK wide tournament would boost users straight away.

just need volunteers in different areas open and willing to do this in their county.

Its ok saying its over but has anything actually been done.
_psmon_
_psmon_
20:51 Mon 8 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm a business development manager in the retail sector, a simple email marketing campaign and the odd poster in snookers halls across the UK challenging people on a one off online UK wide tournament would boost users straight away.

just need volunteers in different areas open and willing to do this in their county.

Its ok saying its over but has anything actually been done.

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/19798/lack-of-games-available
http://www.funkypool.com/thread/19694/site-has-been-ruined-so-let-s-try-and-help
http://www.funkypool.com/thread/19790/what-is-the-point
http://www.funkypool.com/thread/19650/tournament-discussion-thread

In my eyes the owner (nick) has made his fill on the premium side of things, and thinks balls to it. I understand the guy needs a life, but for the paying premium members he should look and see what people are wrighting and action on it. not let slip to the crap its turned out to be now.
The site was thriving 6 years ago and a roll back would most definitely bring the old players back and encourage more.
I for 1 regret getting premium and wont again this will be my absolute final days on here.
This is the worse I have ever seen gaming site of this type. look at Jippi and yahoo pool thriving ... and they are apauling.
_psmon_
_psmon_
20:53 Mon 8 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh and stop letting admin and mods who actually don't play the game influence the way the site runs or any further changes. why???]BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE A CLUE
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:12 Mon 8 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i personally think people get older .. people have children, people get jobs, people get partners ... lives are too focused around social networking sites for a site like this to thrive nowadays , kids dont wana sit here and play pool and snooker online, they want to be out getting drunk at early ages , smoking green and getting l**d ..... life is so much different to even 10 years ago.
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
02:21 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
fair point matty

i do remember a time when this site was chockablock
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:53 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh and stop letting admin and mods who actually don't play the game influence the way the site runs or any further changes. why???]BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE A CLUE

Care to elaborate further?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:48 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  

I'd take that as a no...
_psmon_
_psmon_
20:18 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  

I'd take that as a no...

Sorry but I work and don't have the time to be on 24/7.. yeah admin and mods who rarely played the game as a regular user, and come on for a chat. Spinner, off the top of my head wanted a lot of ideas, implemented before making mod and admin, yet I never see them in tournaments let alone friendly or ranked games. He got his ideas implemented and look what happened... down hill. ~Yeah people get older have kids and all that and even the younger ones getting hammered on the local park. but theres 7days in a week.. not just the weekends
_psmon_
_psmon_
20:22 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  

I'd take that as a no...

Sorry but I work and don't have the time to be on 24/7.. yeah admin and mods who rarely played the game as a regular user, and come on for a chat. Spinner, off the top of my head wanted a lot of ideas, implemented before making mod and admin, yet I never see them in tournaments let alone friendly or ranked games. He got his ideas implemented and look what happened... down hill. as a player on here and not someone who comes on to chat, the ideas are bad very bad and its been proven. some brought forward by these who don't play . ~Yeah people get older have kids and all that and even the younger ones getting hammered on the local park more. but theres 7days in a week.. not just the weekends

Nothing personal just what I believe
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:21 Tue 9 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I cant think of anything that spinner advocated, that was implemented, that was a negative aspect. But I am willing to stand corrected.
_psmon_
_psmon_
18:19 Wed 10 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
theres a few in my opinion. ill have a scamper through the forums from about 4/5 years ago . biggest one off the top of my head is ranked tournaments
justsumgirl
justsumgirl
17:41 Fri 12 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Ohhhhh Spinner was always coming up with things to improve the site

Member when we'd say ffs and it would be removed? Or lmao? Pool_life was the top man for correcting us all and removing posts etc etc.....

The only reason the site has gone down ( or seems to have to us lot) is cos....we all grew up and left
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:45 Sat 13 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Load a bull about people growing up for the reason this site's goin down the pan, what about children entering their teenage years? This used to be a fun site to be on, its technology thats the problem, the site aint moving with the times, i mean, how cool would it be to jump on the ipad and play pool on here and have a banter, even if the forum was mobile friendly would be an improvement, zooming in to read does my world in!
justsumgirl
justsumgirl
02:50 Sat 13 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Ohhhhh Spinner was always coming up with things to improve the site

Member when we'd say ffs and it would be removed? Or lmao? Pool_life was the top man for correcting us all and removing posts etc etc.....

The only reason the site has gone down ( or seems to have to us lot) is cos....we all grew up and left

That was a joke and besides...Its only the 'old ones' that are talking about it
kirk
kirk
03:26 Sat 20 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The majority of people that were on when i was were those in latter teenage years and 20's so i don't think the kids thing is true. If this was made into an app it would pick up again. And someone somewhere is going to pick up on this and make a decent snooker/pool app and then this game will lose out and never make it back.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:52 Sat 20 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
An App on all the formats that fully integrates into the site would be the only way forward. I am guessing the major obstacle, certainly in terms of iPad apps, would be their non-use of Java?
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Whats happened to Funkypool?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.