Straight innings?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

mirrr
mirrr
18:20 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think it makes sense have innings on Straight where say player 1 breaks off, when the games ends say player 1 gets to 35 first player 2 will have a chance to try to get a run of 35+ to win..Am I making myself clear? It's basically the same innings as Carom on Snooker.
erigert
erigert
20:05 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its not the same as in carom. In carom there are chances that a player may never come on the table in a single frame while in straight at least u have a shot during the frame.
mirrr
mirrr
20:09 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
No in Carom you get at least once chance..In straight you get one chance which is the break and you can't even pot from the break..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:11 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
So for example you lost to a run of 62 earlier, you now want the opportunity same frame to try score a run of 63? Doesn't that deflect the whole point and purpose for trying to get in first and making a winning sizable run?

Silly idea. This is POOL not snooker - we don't need nor want anything similar. (Separate entities and all that jazz)
erigert
erigert
20:13 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
No in Carom you get at least once chance..

That because of innings but if u remove it there are chances u may never come on the table.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:04 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
You all know i'll play Straight and Carom until I either fall asleep or starve to death. I think it would be good to have this as an option if both players agree then let it happen. It'd be a good challenge for two players on equal skill levels to outdo one another. I understand from a crap players point of view that if you fluke your way to 35 and then the boss player steps in (Yeah that's me) and hits a 37 and screws you over. That's why both players agree to it at the start or it doesn't happen?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:38 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Rather than having innings...why not make it so that you can set what score to reach? So instead of trying to reach 35 to win the game, you can set it to 50 or up to 100 if you really wanted.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:50 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Rather than having innings...why not make it so that you can set what score to reach? So instead of trying to reach 35 to win the game, you can set it to 50 or up to 100 if you really wanted.

I suggested this ages ago, but it fell on deaf ears...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:59 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Sorry what did you say?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:06 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Sorry what did you say?

I said ' A Homo habilis discovering his opposable thumbs says what'
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:11 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Sorry what did you say?

I said ' A Homo habilis discovering his opposable thumbs says what'

Nice try
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:26 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thought I might have made you falter there
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Straight innings?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.