Change to the rules regarding legal break shots?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:25 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Here is a quick question for the system runners.. (Chris :D) ( Edit.. Nick of course i meant.. sorry)
Surely comments are welcome, but mainly some mod is asked to have an eye on this one..

In Killer its a fault break if less than 3 balls hit cusion.

Im sure there must be a way to implement such a rule, in US8 & 9 Ball, also in UK 8 Ball.. Not 3 Balls, but maybe 2, what ever..

Such a new rule, could hopefully stop the fearful players, from bending the rules, which are normal in real pool..

Regards Mike

P.S. my english is awful, i know, but i hope and know, you get what i mean..

Edited at 20:31 Tue 30/12/14 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:29 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
but that isn't the rule in they games an u cant make up the rules for they games as u play in real life
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:35 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its part of Funkypool to come as close to reality as possible. Regarding using spin, fault in UK given two shots, in straight swapped callin shots for only one ball pot at the time, in Killer fault brak, and life given for pottin 8

So why not goin further and get it more realistic?

http://www.wpa-pool.com/web/index.asp?id=114&pagetype=rules#3.3

quote - (d) If no object ball is pocketed, at least four object balls must be driven to one or more rails, or the shot results in an illegal break, and the incoming player has the option of

so with sayin 2 or three, im goin short

;-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:35 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
They either tap or play set ups,some of the players on here lack the braincells to play the game properly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:40 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
its not talkin about any member, they know who they are, its about havin fun..

So please, take the matter as it is, without any stuff about other members..
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
21:51 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
When middle bags have knuckles on, when u cant screw back full length of table when whites on a cushion, when u cant cut a ball across middle bottom cushion and pot it etc etc etc.................................. then maybe ill consider not playing off a pack

Its not like i cant pot, ive been 880 at 9 ball, 840 at other two, and top 50 in killer, u have still got to pot the balls at some point, and 890 at arcade snooker and theers no foul break at snooker
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:56 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sure, and i hope you dont mind playin full screw backs right from cusion or chinese snooker, which is also unreal.

The Point is, the rule im askin for, is just one rule, and it is possible, as Killer Break shows..
the__priest
the__priest
21:57 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Here is a quick question for the system runners.. (Chris :D)
Surely comments are welcome, but mainly some mod is asked to have an eye on this one..

In Killer its a fault break if less than 3 balls hit cusion.

Im sure there must be a way to implement such a rule, in US8 & 9 Ball, also in UK 8 Ball.. Not 3 Balls, but maybe 2, what ever..

Such a new rule, could hopefully stop the fearful players, from bending the rules, which are normal in real pool..

Regards Mike

P.S. my english is awful, i know, but i hope and know, you get what i mean..

why not straight ?

tactical play is as good a battle as the fearless smack, bang, wallop

rules are the rules, if it isn't broken why try and bend them to suit your own game, why not adapt to all game types
and become the best of the best and be adaptable to every game type and player, be them a great potter or be a master tactical player and truly become one of the greatest pool players

its called being adaptable

enough rules and game types have being changed to suit the minority on here

what's next
should admin tell snooker players not to snooker
and their only aloud to pot
any flukes and players must be muted or banned for an hour or 2

strange topic this in my humble opinion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:04 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Craig it's all part of the wannabe New Revolution.

Apart from The actual Revolution which is in fact just a full circle and starts right back at the beginning. (so does this topic)

People have been calling for changes for a fair while now, as none have been implemented then that in itself proves they are content with it how it is. IF players have problems or issues then deal with them, I agree adapt.

LOL to snooker players being told not to snooker - next will be in straight those with a lower rank be given a head start.

Whatever next!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:04 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

what's next
should admin tell snooker players not to snooker

strange topic this in my humble opinion

You know the diffrence between real rules and made up rules?

When i want the game more realistic why you askin me to change a allready implemeted realistic rule?
In Snooker snookers are allowed, real and in funkysnooker..

If you read my link, i dont want a change to my suits, but for the more realistic part.
I dont mind havin the 2 balls cusion rule in snooker (edit - straight), but as its allready spoiled due to the swapped rule, no calls but only one ball. i think its enough.

There is on my behalf no next, but the break rule. So dont talk anythin in my brain which isnt there..

:-P

Edited at 22:04 Tue 30/12/14 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:05 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Craig it's all part of the wannabe New Revolution.

Apart from The actual Revolution which is in fact just a full circle and starts right back at the beginning. (so does this topic)

People have been calling for changes for a fair while now, as none have been implemented then that in itself proves they are content with it how it is. IF players have problems or issues then deal with them, I agree adapt.

LOL to snooker players being told not to snooker - next will be in straight those with a lower rank be given a head start.

Whatever next!

Youre wrong!

I asked once for a straight practice table, and so it happened..

:-P
the__priest
the__priest
22:11 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
read what I posted

I said what next

in UK (better known as old rules in this country)
no ball has to hit the cushion
so this game type is by the rules
2 follow on which it is

8 ball is now deemed UK in this country
(better known as new rules in this country)
terms used is ball in hand, with one shot, no carry
its played in pub, super league, county pool
1 ball does have to the cushion
so its ok to
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:11 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
just in case you dont believe it

http://www.funkypool.com/findTopic.do?forumid=6&searchString=straight+practice

youll find an 5 year old post, and some 4 year old ones..

the one with regards mike, was mine

;-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:14 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
read what I posted

I said what next

2 follow on which it is

so its ok to

dacore

take UK out, if it is as you say, i dont mind..

And finding that i asked within 5 years for now 3 changes, one happened.. i think youre "what next question" is just, youre way of talkin to people.. not my way..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:16 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
read what I posted

I said what next

and craig you know a quote, and with respect, i directly answered youre quote.. ^^
the__priest
the__priest
22:17 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
behave mike
its called discussion
or are people not allowed to comment

there is nothing wrong with the way things are

be adaptable
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:19 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Funny craig askin me to behave.. wonder what you say about next quote.. directly answered youre questions..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:20 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Got somethin about topic, gettin at me is now ignored!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:20 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

I said what next

2 follow on which it is
so its ok to

All wrong.....

"Old Rules" (BAPTO/EPA Rules) works that way but there still has to be three balls making contact with a rail (or a ball be potted) for a legal break. Otherwise the opponent has the choice to either proceed with the rack as it is or have the balls reracked, in both instances having 2 visits with the first visit as an optional free ball (with ball in hand in baulk).

"New Rules" (World Rules) four balls have to hit a rail off the break or a ball has to be potted. If not the balls are reracked and the opponent proceeds with two visits. Note that in World Rules every foul awards two visits to the opponent (apart from when the white goes down on the break). No ball in hand and no optional free ball on the first shot unless a Foul Snooker is present (which is the same as the Snooker rule).

The current UK rules on here are representative of neither set of rules as a whole and instead seem to be an amalgamation of random rules plus bespoke rules added for the game. (This includes the other variant, BlackBall, too)
kris
kris
22:25 Tue 30 Dec 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
i agree with Mike. The change would open games more up, therefore make em more fun.
Might also bring on some new members that this site clearly badly needs
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Change to the rules regarding legal break shots?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.