Australian Open 2015!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
silenthill
silenthill
13:42 Wed 28 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
First grand slam of the year. 4 men remain in the mens singles title.

4 women remain in the womens title.

Who will win their semi finals an go on to win the final?

Murray vs Berdych
Djokovic vs Wawrinka
------------------------------------------
Markova vs Sharapova
Williams vs Keys

Not sure if their names are spelt right, but I can't be a genius for everything
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:53 Wed 28 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have watched most games and from what I have seen these are my predictions.

Murray v Berdych

Berdych played an almost perfect game against Nadal, but if he was ever going to break his 17 game duck over Nadal, now was going to be the time. Nadal has looked shaky all through the tournament, his weight loss is really causing him some power problems.
Murray has played very well so far, kept things tight when he needs to, gone for glory when he needs to. He managed to subdue the crowd within a couple of games, even though playing the home favourite.

My prediction is that Berdych will have used so much mental power battling his demons against Nadal, that he will be totally spent. Murray to win in 4 sets.

Djokovic vs Wawrinka

Stan has started showing some true form, dismantling Kei Nishikori with relative ease, even though Kei struggled to get over the finishing line (He was 5-1 up in the third before capitulating to lose a tie-break). Stan's backhand has started powering up greatly and showing why he won this tournament last year.
But, he is coming up against the most in-form Novac has been in a long time, after playing 2 powerful servers he will relish in the fact of having a bit more time to return the ball, but Stan's serve can be quite good, especially when going for the inside in/out serve. But Novac is as fit as he ever has been, so expect a close match, plenty of tie breaks, but Novac to win in 3/4 sets.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:02 Wed 28 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Keys v Williams

I was very impressed by the way Keys started against Venus, she was composed, accurate and forceful on her serve. Making Venus move around the backline far too much for her liking. But then she had the re-occurance of her thigh injury in the second set, causing her some serious discomfort every time she went to play a ball which required putting pressure on the left leg. So obviously Venus targeted this to good effect. But to come back twice from a break down in the third set to run out a 6-4 4-6 6-4 winner was amazing.
Serena just dismantled whatever momentum Cibulkova had, breaking her serve with ease, I don't think she has been pushed too far yet.
I expect Venus to be too strong, but don't be surprised if Keys wins the first set.

Sharapova v Makarova

Makarova played well against Halep, but as Halep said after, she was happy just to get to the quarters, which seems her head wasn't in the match from the start, expect a very different challenge from Sharapova. I was impressed by how she was capable of moving her opponent around the court, but I doubt Maria will be as unwise as to let someone else dictate the play.
She has played some of her best stuff so far, completely playing Genie off the park in the battle of the beauts Her serve was great, returns excellent and temperament was kept calm.
I expect Sharapova to win this straight sets, relatively easily, Sharapvoa is too strong and technically advanced for the battle of the Russians.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:04 Wed 28 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Predictions:

Berdych to beat Murray in 5 sets
Djokovic to dismantle Wawrinka in 3 sets

Sharapova to beat Makarova in 3 sets
Serena to avenge her sisters defeat to Keys in 2 sets

Overall Winners: Djokovic and Serena - Again boring zzzz zzz zz z
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:06 Wed 28 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Predictions:

Berdych to beat Murray in 5 sets
Djokovic to dismantle Wawrinka in 3 sets

Sharapova to beat Makarova in 3 sets
Serena to avenge her sisters defeat to Keys in 2 sets

Overall Winners: Djokovic and Serena - Again boring zzzz zzz zz z

Won't be that boring for me got them in a double, £10, can cash out for £85 so far.. or wait for a possible £205...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:28 Wed 28 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:08 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Womens Semi-Finals

Keys had her chances to win the first set, taking it all the way to a tie break, but then I think her head dropped/possible injury woes, took away any chance of a comeback.

Sharapova progressed easily as thought.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:44 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
As predicted Sharapova vs Serena final.

I think Murray will lose this match this is the best I've seen Berdych in a long time. The confidence he will have gained from thrashing Nadal will ne immense.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:55 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
As predicted Sharapova vs Serena final.

I think Murray will lose this match this is the best I've seen Berdych in a long time. The confidence he will have gained from thrashing Nadal will ne immense.

It was hardly a shock that it would be Serena v Sharpova

But I think Berdych will have used up his mental energy, and if he loses this first set after such a strong start, it may just push him over the edge
ang3l
ang3l
12:42 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Go on andyyyy..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:05 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Murray's playing very well, seems to have Berdych sussed atm, he needs switch his tactics or Murray will win in 4 sets.

Still loads of play to go.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:26 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Murray's playing very well, seems to have Berdych sussed atm, he needs switch his tactics or Murray will win in 4 sets.

Berdych has never won a match in which he has bagelled!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:40 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Berdych has never won a match in which he has bagelled!

Yeah i saw 0-17 - 1st time for everything lol.
ang3l
ang3l
14:07 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Woohoo go andyyyyyy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:15 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fair play Well Done Murray - Hope Djokovic thrashes him in the Final though.

He killed Raonic, watch out Wawrinka.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:26 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
aint a cert novak will get to the final right to be big fave but if stan plays to his best could easily take it in 4
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:34 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
True but Djokovic will have to be really poor - that guys in a different league to everyone else.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:43 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Will be quite a good match! Looking forward to it loads!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:41 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
He wouldnt have to be really poor. the mens game at the top they are all so good that a little drop in form and you can be beaten.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:54 Thu 29 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
He wouldnt have to be really poor. the mens game at the top they are all so good that a little drop in form and you can be beaten.

Novac is beatable, its just most people do not take advantage if his mistakes he makes.

When Raonic played Novac, if he came to the net half the times he served outside swinger, he could have won a lot more points possible. But he feared Novac so he didn't, just incase Novac played a passing shot
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Australian Open 2015!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.