Getting kicked out mid-game a lot lately

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
beenjammin
beenjammin
22:13 Mon 9 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I've always had the occasional game where I lose connection, get logged out, and lose the game by default. Lately though, it's happening a lot, at least 6 times in the last 2 or 3 days!
and it used to say something about lost connection in the top left of the game screen, and in the chat window it would tell you you've been logged out (you'd know you had lost connection)
lately there isn't even any notification, my screen just freezes, and stays that way until I close it. Lots of times letting me play (in 2player games when it's my shot) until the last ball is potted, and its only then that it freezes, and I find out I lost by default/was logged out before I ever finished clearing the table! (I have to look in my results in the other window to find that out, of course.)
Any suggestions? Is it just me? Is there something that can be done?
beenjammin
beenjammin
02:42 Wed 11 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I haven't played much today, but it didn't happen on funkypool today.
Couldn't find another game though, so I logged onto funkysnooker. Tried to play one game of arcade, same thing! screen froze as I finished a break, results page in other window says lost by default.
So this isn't happen to anyone else? No one has a suggestion? Something I might try to improve it?

In relation to the thread about having lag recently, yes I had bad lag at times on both sites, worse than the normal occasion, and I'm not premium on either.
the__priest
the__priest
03:05 Wed 11 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have had this on more occasions
in the last week and half, than I care to remember
and also players loosing connection whilst playing me

something has happened to the site, you can sit in the chat room and see people not responding regularly

people will say its your connection use firefox etc, I've used all of them, the outcome is the same
poolbiird
poolbiird
23:25 Wed 11 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
This was happening to me alot on internet explorer so i changed to firefox. Was ok for a while but now its happening on firefox aswell
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:47 Thu 12 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Happened a lot yesterday, 3 times. I use Opera
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
14:49 Thu 12 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Happened 2 or 3 times now in the last week or so, just happened then where I timed out but no problem with accessing the forums while my connection is timing out. Disconnected and reconnected to my router which usually saves it from kicking me out but to no avail, but as soon as it kicked me out I click login and I'm back on.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:08 Thu 12 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I keep getting a connection error page coming up quite often that says funkypool host error so I guess theres still be problems with the site. I haven't had any problems been kicked out of games tho but then again I haven't bin playing much, played some games on snooker last couple of days but haven't had any problems over there either

You know the saying, If it isn't happening to everyone then It's not a site problem
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:14 Thu 12 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
^ lol yeah, I'm fairly sure its the site though as before the servers went down i went 20/90 every 3 shots then cured once they went down and worked.

i'm in same boat as funky but minus host error
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:43 Thu 12 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I keep getting the game freezing, does it loads but always on someone else's shot then it will quickly run through all the rest of the shots until mine.
Occasionally get connection failing but unless there is a server problem and everyone is getting booted then it only gets up to 40 seconds.
Have you guys updated your java? I haven't yet
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:45 Thu 12 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
i keep getting GATEWAY 504 TIMED OUT...no idea then takes an age to refresh the page the little circle loading icon goes anti-clockwise for a bit then eventually loads but when i click something else it happens again

Edited at 18:50 Thu 12/02/15 (GMT)

Edited at 18:51 Thu 12/02/15 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:50 Thu 12 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I had it on snooker, normally site issue
baff
baff
Admin
21:01 Thu 12 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Indeed, there are some issues with the server at the moment.

This is under investigation things should be back to normal soon.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:44 Thu 12 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Is it a Cloudflare issue as many people say Incapsula is much more reliable.
the__priest
the__priest
01:08 Fri 13 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Indeed, there are some issues with the server at the moment.

This is under investigation things should be back to normal soon.

thanks for responding
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:02 Thu 19 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Getting kicked a lot, and site was completely inaccessible for a while earlier. Nothing to do with my server as everything else was working for me. Twice there was no connection failing warning, just a screen freeze.

Only back playing funkypool the last couple of weeks but the server seems to be very unreliable. There has been a huge decline in the numbers playing as well from a few years ago, and I'm wondering if this is why.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:10 Fri 20 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Did it again just now, was in a game, had no problems first game. Then I cleared the last few balls for a 9 ball arcade win, was waiting for the result to come up to click play again. No warning top left about connection. And it had frozen. Everything else working, all other internet tabs, and the FP main page, forums, etc. Just checked my results and it says I lost by default.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:15 Fri 20 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sounds like your having exactly the same problems as beenjammin who created the thread. I've had no problems at all while in game
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:32 Fri 20 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have had a few problem, mainly last week, but nothing at the moment.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:28 Fri 6 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Problem not solved yet!

9 Ball Tournament - davybaumers (1) loses to peo_123 (1) (by default, davybaumers left the game)
RANKINGS: peo_123 708.1 (+6.1), davybaumers 779.4 (-5.8)

Not the 1st time it happens for me lately and i guess not the last time either

I can open every other page

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:14 Fri 6 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
My words are not cold yet or i am right. Logged out and can immediatly log in again

9 Ball Arcade Reverse Speed Tournament - davybaumers (1) loses to the__priest (2) (by default, davybaumers left the game)
RANKINGS: the__priest 754.3 (+2.2), davybaumers 760.2 (-2.1)

Since long i am trying for a medal again after a good start of the day and now i can't finish any tourny anymore

The fun is completely out of the game for me. I'm done for this year

Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Getting kicked out mid-game a lot lately

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.