Clan Killer League

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:39 Tue 17 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
To correspond with the start of next seasons clan leagues I will be hosting a clan killer league that will run alongside the fixtures for a full season.

Format
-One killer match will take place every 3 days at 7pm with 1 player from each registered clan allowed to play.
-Players can only participate in one match per fortnight (1 in 5 of the total games)

Scoring
1st place - Number of players + 5 bonus points
2nd place - (Number of players - 1) + 2 bonus points
3rd place - Number of players - 2
4th place - Number of players - 3
etc etc down to last place

example
10 man killer
1st place 15 pts
2nd place 11 pts
3rd place 8 pts
4th place 7 pts
10th place 1 pt

The scoring will be done like this to reflect the difficulty of the win, if only 4 clans have a player one evening a game can still take place.

example
4 man killer
1st place 9 pts
2nd place 5 pts
3rd place 2 pts
4th place 1pt

Summary

Whilst this will be a seperate entity with its own website and golden cue etc If this is popular as I hope then I will be talking to whoever is running the main leagues next season about the possibility of including the results as an FBL bonus.
Meaning the league winners get 10 points bonus for FBL runners-up 5 points, obviously that is subject to opinions but I think it would fit in well.

*Anybody interested in helping me run this, setup games etc then please put your names forward*
punkpoet
punkpoet
20:59 Tue 17 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't like this being added to FBL as some clans won't really enter a player.
I'd personally give it a go and try and get 5 players on BUT, for me the best bit about clan killer is the team work.
If I have read this right there won't be any team work.
I do like the scoring and think this could be added to the current clan league, but I love the 5 v 5 v 5.
beenjammin
beenjammin
21:08 Tue 17 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I was thinking the same thing about the teamwork aspect, with only one from each clan, that would be lost.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:29 Tue 17 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Would ideally have been 2 from each clan but 10 clans = 20
players.
You're all still playing for your clans though against every other clan, your points go to the clans league total and the fact that games take place every 3 days mean different day every week so loads of players can get involved, same reasoning behind players only playing 1 game a fortnight.
punkpoet
punkpoet
21:35 Tue 17 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah I see where you are coming from Lee and I do like the idea of rolling games over a fortnight, but I think what makes clan killer great is the team work.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:37 Tue 17 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
This isn't to replace the killer cup, it's totally different and a separate clan event.
The games in this will be very easy to arrange in comparison, only needing 1 player online from each clan.
Clans or players post their representative on a thread in the evening by 6.45, I make the room invite and quit and it's away.
beenjammin
beenjammin
21:56 Tue 17 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sounds fun then, as a 2nd killer league, not like it would put much of a game-load on the clans. Only one man needed for one game every 3 days, correct?

I'd still like to see a 5 vs 5, 2 teams per game, every team vs every other team during the season league, like me and keith was pushing for last off-season, but that would be a lot of work on the runner.

Edited at 20:00 Tue 17/02/15 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:10 Tue 17 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah just 1 player every 3 days just not the same player within a 2 week period, i'm pretty sure every clan will have someone on wanting to play every one so should be quality 10 man games.
Bit of a different aspect to killer too because there is no teamwork but there is also no setting up and the luck of the order will be much less important than the killer cup event.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:13 Tue 17 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
This format also copes with server going down, clans folding and other acts of god without any effect on the tournament.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:45 Tue 17 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
i beg to differ about setting up for those killer experts but good idea. could write "Single" in title so players don't get confused
_equality_
_equality_
22:47 Tue 17 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah I see where you are coming from Lee and I do like the idea of rolling games over a fortnight, but I think what makes clan killer great is the team work.

I agree with Zac on this one it is the team work and comrodery that comes from playing with your team mate that makes the Clan killer so fun. Not to mention the bonding that accrues with your team mate. Just my opinion.

kat
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:51 Tue 17 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree but we don't need this to be team killer too as it is already a league event so singles would fit in nicely.

If this works then maybe change the way Clan Killer runs to suit this format but i think for now its just a trial
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:01 Wed 18 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I love playing killer and think its a great idea I would be up for it but sadly I probably wouldn't make it at 7 as nowadays im on after half 8, due to family young kids haha good idea though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:02 Wed 18 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
1 person from each clan sounds cool, i mean its a league, so there will be time to nominate new players to represent your clan, i actually like this.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:13 Wed 18 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
You only play 2/3 games maximum a season of the current killer cup which are bigger and a lot harder to arrange.
Again this is an entirely different league which won't conflict at all with the killer cup.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:19 Wed 18 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I love playing killer and think its a great idea I would be up for it but sadly I probably wouldn't make it at 7 as nowadays im on after half 8, due to family young kids haha good idea though

Was bouncing around the idea of rotating times too between 7 and 9pm so would go...
mon 7pm
thu 9pm
sun 7
wed 9
sat 7
tue 9
fri 7
mon 9

So on and so forth, as long as I get a couple of reliable people in to set up the 9pm ones it seems better to enable everyone the best chance to play
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:27 Wed 18 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Killer in a league format hasn't really been a success save for it's marriage to SL, the cup format is perfect for it (I know you aren't planning to replace that though). Having said that, the one player per clan rule would ensure a much higher success rate.

I don't really see how a seperate event should have an impact on a league standings, particularly when all leagues are optional and you don't have to play in them all. Keep them seperate.

Also I don't agree that things such as a clan folding, disconnections have no impact in this format, quite the opposite. Say uprising won every single match up until halfway with pros second, then a clan folded and pros won the rest with uprising second then Uprising would win by virtue of beating an extra player who was insignificant to the match. In a knockout format they are simply removed or replaced by the next best team.

If one person disconnects in the knockout format, then this can still be overcome by the remaining members (As Uprising and Pro's proved in the semi's), in this a disconnection could have a huge impact if two teams remain close through the season.

This is a league format that will work more than any other but should remain a seperate entity. Nothing wrong with having a killer cup and league, you could even split teams into divisions, which I think would work well and gives the chance to have 2-3 players per clan should that be wanted too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:34 Wed 18 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agreed it shouldn't be linked with FBL, I had the idea because we have tried to get killer into FBL many times over the years but you're right, that would make it compulsory which I don't want.

I never mentioned disconnections as they would have effect although if someone was having connection issues then they wouldnt play on that day as opposed to having to because their clan needs 5 players.
Far less likely to happen and far less effect on a league with 5 matches a fortnight...luck will even out.
I said the server because when you've got 3 clans and 15 players all arranged for a certain day and the server is playing up then it's disaster whereas in this format it makes no difference.

A split and 2 leagues is definitely an option after season 1 allowing 2 players from a clan to play in the same game.
There would be no fair way to do it initially though and to get it off and running this format is by far the easiest for me to run and clans to do without any hassle.
After season 1 we can look at improvements and could make 2 divisions fairly based on finishing positions or it might well work out brilliantly as it is.

Edited at 03:40 Wed 18/02/15 (GMT)
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan Killer League

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.