Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
punkpoet
punkpoet
21:48 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
8 years ago...

Determined to find a pool site to typed in free pool game on google and it was the bottom result of the first page....

Very similar to ritcho, but was almost 7 years ago now. and yes it as low down on the google page compared to games not half as good.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:49 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
and during the World Snooker Championships around May you could be looking 250 or even 300.

i remember times when nick had to up the server limit because players struggled to log in because of the snooker on Television.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:49 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agreed with apple, needs to be on Phones and Tablets. nick said he was 70% of way through i was told
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
21:55 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
How long ago was this dgeneratio?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:56 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
not sure but in last month i think, flapjack told me so he can say more
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
21:58 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
At least its recent. But its definitely something we need to look in to. End of the day, even if we have a sudden boost of newbies, we could set up events to help train them up into the mean potting machine I am today
silenthill
silenthill
23:10 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Brother started playing it about 9 years ago, he was a complete troublemaker, never got banned but always caused arguments on the server and in the forums.. And i began watching him closely..

Signed up myself about 8 years ago, an then i became a troublemaker, only difference is i actually got banned. Brother shoots into my bedroom, kicking off because of the i.p ban so he couldn't play pool either..

Shortly after, my account was banned, so was his! Again he storms into my bedroom going mental.. And i've had maybe 25 accounts in those 8 years all banned.

Started off on phillydude
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
23:11 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Brother started playing it about 9 years ago, he was a complete troublemaker, never got banned but always caused arguments on the server and in the forums.. And i began watching him closely..

Signed up myself about 8 years ago, an then i became a troublemaker, only difference is i actually got banned. Brother shoots into my bedroom, kicking off because of the i.p ban so he couldn't play pool either..

Shortly after, my account was banned, so was his! Again he storms into my bedroom going mental.. And i've had maybe 25 accounts in those 8 years all banned.

Started off on phillydude

Any idea where your brother heard about it mate?
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
23:16 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
fran_
fran_

i googled online pool games and like some said i scrolled down the page to see funkypool at the bottom maybe even page 2. boom i clicked it and off i went.

god knows how long that is.
Sent 3 minutes ago
erigert
erigert
23:35 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
First i was interested in finding a free snooker game online as there were very few sites that offered it few years ago. Found funkysnooker on a simple google search
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
23:57 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Maybe no one has much cause for online pool games nowadays when there's PS4s n XBOXs
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:58 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I started playing a mate at school in IT he occasionly played not sure where he heard about it though, then started play regular joined clans rest is history
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:09 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
In the good old days when money grew on trees and the celtic tiger was alive and well, i used to work in a honda dealership. One of the mechanics there showed me this game. He'd sit in the service section and i'd be at the parts counter; we'd just play for hours. That honda dealership has gone bust since.
turtle1560
turtle1560
05:15 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I reckon if you had ads for funky on websites for real pool leagues, or at least pool websites. I remember seeing an ad for some virtual 3D pool thing(which looked crap) on a pool website and it got me thinking that it'd be a good place for funky to advertise.

Sure half the reason i joined on here was because i play pool in real life. I'm sure there's plenty others the same.
kris
kris
09:57 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
used to play at jippii. when they closed down i had few years off. around 2009 googled "free online pool games".
the rest is history...

so, Phil- as you are only 16-17 now,You started to play here when you was 8-9?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:56 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I first heard of chips and gravy from a yorkshireman friend...I still prefer the old chips and cheese or chips and curry sauce combos but if it's KFC gravy then you're on to a winner.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
11:18 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
used to play at jippii. when they closed down i had few years off. around 2009 googled "free online pool games".
the rest is history...

so, Phil- as you are only 16-17 now,You started to play here when you was 8-9?

He's 21 , which means he was 12-13 ish.

I was 13 when I started, a few friends in school said they'd found a good pool game and I got hooked, they dropped it after a few weeks but I stuck around and have been on and off since.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:27 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
we didn't have internet until i left school, i found this at college one day
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
12:02 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I first heard of chips and gravy from a yorkshireman friend...I still prefer the old chips and cheese or chips and curry sauce combos but if it's KFC gravy then you're on to a winner.

I'm from Macclesfield
w_hoolahan
w_hoolahan
12:39 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I heard of it by looking through for different snooker games to play, and the one which stood out was funkysnooker.com that i found via Google. I tried it as a guest and saw the forums but had no clue what it was about, but then I played that from may 2009 to late 2010, and got to know the clan world better from here on, eventually going into one. That then went down for a week odd once, and I came here and tried this one, having already seen it was here. I then since have played here and on snooker, but did play here more when i first got started and didn't do snooker much.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Where did you hear about Funky? -Sponsored by Chips n' Gravy

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.