FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
04:02 Mon 16 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:49 Mon 16 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
doesn't have to be the runners, could be a volunteer, on paper it seems an okay idea but in principle it may/may not work
friendyboy
friendyboy
19:37 Mon 16 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Like a dream team? Sounds pretty fun idea. The opposing captain selects the player from the opposing team. Could be based on most improved or upset score or importance of match ie winning under pressure etc would be pretty little input required, just a thread or something :)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:39 Mon 16 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
That was the idea but seems to have been quashed lol.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
03:32 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
So moving on... Any update on who are the League Runners and Admin Team for the next season?

Any rule changes? Any estimated date for the new season to start?

Will there be a transparent default panel this season?

Many questions, hopefully many answers too.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:46 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
No

no, no

No

Yes, no

you're welcome mate
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
11:04 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Splendid, thanks for that Tappy, alas we are finally progressing and getting nowhere
the__priest
the__priest
11:06 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
hopefully there is no change to the runners and current staff
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:17 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
This season isn't finished so perhaps give them the luxury of completing it before they have to look ahead to the next.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
11:33 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
What's not finished?

Checklist

FCL - Done (Won by Pros)
FBL - Done (Won by Pros)
SL - Done (Won by Pros)
GSC - Done (Won by Uprising)
GSP - Done (Won by Revolution)

PC - Final being played tonight, individual competition not clan related.

So not sure what you're actually waiting for, season's complete.

Edited at 09:42 Tue 17/03/15 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:14 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
You said it yourself.......

And it is clan related. You have to be a member of a clan to enter. The season isn't finished as you yourself pointed out so as I said perhaps afford them the luxury of letting it finish before they have to look to next season.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
13:38 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Of course it is clan related no non-clan members in it, all clan members in it. Just because it is individuals, doesn't mean it's not clan related. Season isn't over till the PC final is played.

As got the rest, unless you're going to step up you can't rush people. There may well be nobody about to take over so bombarding them before they e even joined isn't going to help. Best thing is to let things happen behind the scenes, then we'll get updates when there is something to update us on.

I already gave a rough idea of the start of next season mid/late April. Don't think there needs to be any rule changes and there's nothing wrong with default decisions. Probably a behind the scenes default panel as is common.
faust
faust
14:21 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Since when wasn't the Players Championship clan related? What a ridiculous thing to say from a captain that posted every round of the competition on his own clans thread! Seems it was clan related right up until the point all his players got knocked out!

The league seems to be in good hands. Keith et al will make announcements in good time. It is a bit boring waiting for the next season to come around, but we usually have a minimum 3 week break anyway. I'd suggest maybe in the future, the Killer Cup should be saved for a 2 - 3 week period out of season competition, to be played Saturday and Sunday daytimes so it won't keep people up past their bedtimes. I would also re-introduce 3 v 3 man killer matches into either the SL or FBL. Almost every clan has 3 players that could potentially beat any other 3 at killer, so I'd say it fits within the remit of the SL.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
14:36 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I meant it's not mandatory, it's not a team event (as such) instead built up from individuals FROM the clan teams. Yes it was posted on clan threads to notify the INDIVIDUALS about their OPTIONAL fixtures.

I was only asking to see if anything had been decided upon, possible changes i.e. rules, team squads , admin, etc. No need get your knickers in a twist...jeez.

I agree with the killer changes you have mentioned, 3 vs 3 is a lot better and also easier to arrange/guarantee to have 3 online at any given time.

Maybe ALL the finals could happen within 1 week after the final fixtures have been completed?
punkpoet
punkpoet
16:09 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Maybe i can shed a little light on it.
I know nothing was going to be discussed till the end of season.
So i guess discussions should start soon and we will hear when they are made.
No need for arrogant posts.

And yes of course the players champ is a clan comp.... as its on the clan site ect.... unsure why that needs to be explained.....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:22 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Every competition is optional. It is not mandatory for any of the teams to play in any of the leagues so by ash's logic the clan leagues aren't clan related.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:23 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Which competition IS mandatory?

It is good o have th inals slightly staggered, though they could be kept a little closer. I think the FBL final set is a bit too early at the moment but other than that it seems fine. Maybe sort out the players champ being finished before the cup finals and not as the last one. I think the killer cup final is a nice way to end a season because there's a lot of people playing and it will definitely be decided purely in the set, whereas a league can be decided before the set and the GSC and SL can be decided before the last match.
buckjam
buckjam
16:44 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hahahahahahahaha. Im just glad im not as bored as you lot seem to be.

I believe the sky is blue.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:45 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not in the UK it's Grey - Grey Britain nothing Great about it.
horse10000
horse10000
23:39 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
League season is over.

Well done to professionals for winning FCL, FBL, SL and Killer

Well done to Uprising for winning the Cup and Players Championship

Thanks to chris for all he has done running the leagues and also thanks for updating league tables and stuff after he left as I am no computer whizz

Next season:-

Can anyone who is interested in assisting with the running of the leagues, please message me offline. I want to see who replies and from that I will decide if I wish to continue running the leagues next season or not as long as everyone is happy with this.

Next season any points to discuss or updates that are required?

Subs for me personally still requires to be addressed as any sub is 'tactical' so there is no point in saying others are doing them when all teams do subs. So either we accept that 'tactical' subs are part of the game or we come up with something else.

Personal attacks and abuse on the forums, this shouldn't happen and it is usually the same group of players that are involved. Constructive posts and discussions should be encouraged but personal and abusive posts have no place on here. Suggestion to throw out for discussion any players who post abuse etc. get a league warning first then a game suspension and if it continues the length of suspension increases. (Please note this is separate from any Funky rules that the individuals break, these would still be dealt with by the site)
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.