FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
hahahaha
hahahaha
14:46 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
No captains have the right to tell there players what they can and can't do so that would be absolutely ridiculous imo
the__priest
the__priest
15:34 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
good idea gaz

will be the same old suspects stamping their feet
over this idea, I wonder why that would be hmmmmmm

its always the same old people same old posts
not a place on FP for it, however I'm sure they will now argue their case with some old baloney
I better give a big yawn, before I go to work

its good to see people posting on this topic though, rather than being the silent majority, kick crap out of funky
help it become a nice place to relax and have a bit of crack,
post without fear of the pack tearing you to pieces
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
15:44 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think by punishing the team, if Individuals fall out it guarantees some people will kick up a fuss before they go to cause damage to their old clan before they left. That would be a flawed system. Nice idea, but not without holes and I don't think we could put in a system like that, just like we couldn't put any punishment system in that isn't watertight.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
15:44 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
There's starting to be talk of 2 divisions, I have a suggestion. Usually, new clans who belong in division 1, end up in division two and defy the whole point of 2 divisions. So, how about ranking teams based on the average win percentage of the clans individuals from the previous season. New players won't have a % so don't contribute. Minimum of 10 needed for a ranking else they rank bottom.

For the FCL, you could use all the competitions that use frames (FCL and SL), and for the FBL use the competitions that use wins (FBL and GSC). SL doesn't need splitting into divisions and just have the same seeding for cup competitions as last season.
hahahaha
hahahaha
15:49 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hahahaha aww cwaigy I take it that post is aimed at mine, why not put your name forward for the job son?

I posted my opinion above, is that not allowed anymore? Whether you like it or not no captain has the right to tell other members what they can and can't do, simple as that
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:15 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah you can only punish the player by form of a suspension then a ban from the league for so long.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:17 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Playing each other once then splitting the league is the best way of gettibg 2 divisions by far, no need for ranking systems which would never work anyway.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:47 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Playing each other once then splitting the league is the best way of gettibg 2 divisions by far, no need for ranking systems which would never work anyway.

I agree with preferring the split, just an option for completely separate divisions. Would mean the top clans reforming end up in the top division. It absolutely works. Same way the ranking worked for cup competitions. It gave us the best two finals.
faust
faust
17:56 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nonsensical to punish a team because an individual has a grievance. If I was to send in a team sheet for a game, and subbed out every player, or swapped every fixture to gain advantage, and did this in every league against every opponent - would it be wrong of opposing teams to complain about it on our thread? Of course it wouldn't! All it takes for the bickering to stop is for people to not act like douchebags in the first place.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:21 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Said my piece about arguments and bickering before, a lot of disagreements can be resolved before any arguing stage with compromise or pure common sense. They need to be dealt with via offline not broadcast across the open forum which only invites everyone to interfere or express their views.

Punish the individual not the team for arguments but the team for defaults etc.
punkpoet
punkpoet
19:53 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think each situation needs to be treated differently.
i feel the new runners need to punish people who kick up a fuss, as they will think twice.

Keith for prime minister!!! I mean runner lol.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:02 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think we're all agreed that Keith should remain as the Runner.

a) Does he still want the job?
b) Earlier in season we mentioned 'subs', should the rule be changed?
c) If Keith is happy i could organise an Individuals Competition, would be simple like a Tournament for players who want to play.

Anything else to add
hippesville
hippesville
20:32 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nonsensical to punish a team because an individual has a grievance. If I was to send in a team sheet for a game, and subbed out every player, or swapped every fixture to gain advantage, and did this in every league against every opponent - would it be wrong of opposing teams to complain about it on our thread? Of course it wouldn't! All it takes for the bickering to stop is for people to not act like douchebags in the first place.

From what I've seen it's been a lot more than 'complaining and bickering'

As for comment at top from hahahaha, 'Captains can't tell their players what to do'?????......who is running the team?
faust
faust
20:37 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

As for comment at top from hahahaha, 'Captains can't tell their players what to do'?????......who is running the team?

If you're genuinely delicate enough to think there are examples of c_yber bullying, that is illegal. Send you evidence in to the police and see how far you get!
hahahaha
hahahaha
20:51 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

No captain can tell me what I can and can't do, they are not mods????
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
20:53 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

No captain can tell me what I can and can't do, they are not mods????

Go get me a beer
hahahaha
hahahaha
20:53 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Moderator:
This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't follow our forum rules. Replies may also be deleted.

For more detail see http://www.funkypool.com/viewPostingRules.do
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
20:55 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hahaha, yep, he's a law unto himself
hahahaha
hahahaha
20:57 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lol

On a serious note, are you saying that captains should be able to tell there players where they can and can't post hippes?
hippesville
hippesville
20:57 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

If you're genuinely delicate enough to think there are examples of c_yber bullying, that is illegal. Send you evidence in to the police and see how far you get!

I suppose that would depend on how far anyone would want to take it, but in my eyes it's pretty bloody close
Like I said, there's no I in TEAM. Captains should be dealing with it.
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.