FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19091
hippesville
hippesville
23:35 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
That would mean we get to reduce 15% of the games. That in my eyes is a regress for clans who have active players.

Edited at 20:03 Wed 22/07/15 (BST)

Or more accommodating considering the state of play in the 2nd half of the season.
If anyone had of said to me that UB's AND Pro's would struggle Ida laughed at them!
thegame26
thegame26
23:36 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
true but i didn't look at stats, just a feeling i had, only time i seem to play 9Arc these days is when Kelly invites, for me 9Arc is worse type there is

I have been on this site for over 2 years and still never played any of the arcade formats

Horrible looking games
faust
faust
23:37 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I can also make a list of players who havent enjoyed the suggestion. Its a long one lol

I could do the same for players who don't like straight so will we get rid of that as well if I get a few names?

Then will I do the same for US8, US9 and UK8, then ab's suggestion will be correct, bin them all and we just close the leagues down?

I hate to raise this again - but if arcade is so wanted, why not run an arcade league??

I know full well that Uprising would enter a 5 v 5 straight league if you run it. I don't think we'd bother with an arcade league though. I'm fairly certain that would be the majority view of the other clans too!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:38 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It is, Imagine 9 Ball zoomed in x15 or x20 (my feeling ), was originally created for Facebook and Netbook users so they could play a type
faust
faust
23:38 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
That would mean we get to reduce 15% of the games. That in my eyes is a regress for clans who have active players.

Edited at 20:03 Wed 22/07/15 (BST)

Or more accommodating considering the state of play in the 2nd half of the season.
If anyone had of said to me that UB's AND Pro's would struggle Ida laughed at them!

Again though - neither UB's or Pro's struggled recruiting players, they just struggled to recruit players they deemed good enough for their teams!
horse10000
horse10000
23:41 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  

There was only uprising who managed 2 clans last season and even then you ran out of players at one point.

We lost 2 clans as they couldn't cope so I don't see the logic of running 2 teams from a clan when all it causes is grief when one folds.

And it doesn't mean less fixtures as it depends how many games you release at any one time it could mean more

To be fair Keith, we have run 2 teams every single season, and even became the only clan to contest the final with both of it's teams. 1 fixture this season, we had 3 players all drop out within 48 hours. That was nothing short of an anomaly, and it it extremely unlikely to happen again. It was also compounded by the fact that I went on holiday midway through the fixture. Unlike last season, we're up to 16 players for next, and if the rules allow it in SL, I would enter two teams of 9. Despite all the doom and gloom mongerors harking to all about clans struggling to recruit - we could run at 20 next season if the rules allowed it!

I never argued that you wouldn't my point was if you are going to post about what we did or have, you need to balance with the facts from the other side. Yes it was exceptional circumstances but it happened and could happen again. There was other teams that had exceptional circumstances for various reasons as well and if it wasn't for bending rules we would have lost Pros and UB as well from all leagues. I don't think there is any other team in the league who could run 2 teams in SL confidently and uprising would be the best bet as you have a core of active players who have been with you for ages.
hippesville
hippesville
23:41 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
true but i didn't look at stats, just a feeling i had, only time i seem to play 9Arc these days is when Kelly invites, for me 9Arc is worse type there is

Well if you are going to post facts that others are going to read and probably believe maybe try some scientific ones as opposed to your feelings

Might be your worst but I have noticed a few have backed the introduction of them and just like straight if people play them why should they not get the chance to play them in a clan league.

...........and if the player who breaks doesn't clear, what are the odds on the other player clearing up?

Don't throw using tactics at me, coz if the correct ball is struck anything can go in!! Yes I know, including the white :s

Still gutted
horse10000
horse10000
23:44 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Well if you are going to post facts that others are going to read and probably believe maybe try some scientific ones as opposed to your feelings

Might be your worst but I have noticed a few have backed the introduction of them and just like straight if people play them why should they not get the chance to play them in a clan league.

...........and if the player who breaks doesn't clear, what are the odds on the other player clearing up?

Don't throw using tactics at me, coz if the correct ball is struck anything can go in!! Yes I know, including the white :s

Still gutted

Lol but all these things are part of the game and why you are meant to enjoy it.
erigert
erigert
23:48 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If you really want arcade games so badly Keith why not implement them in GSC? I already gave u a suggestion in the previous pages. Why destroy the beauty of a league which has worked well so far?
horse10000
horse10000
23:49 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Because everyone is quick to slate the arcade games, beenjammin has achieved a rank of 829.5 which is 22 points more than anyone else on here and since its introduction we have still only had 3 professionals.

As I play 9 arcade I rate that achievement as one of the top ones on here as to achieve in a format where you can lose as easily as win takes some doing and by the lack of anyone close to him shows that.

Would any of you say that this is not an achievement? as if you think that go and try and get to professional in 9 arcade to find out exactly how hard it must have been to do.
horse10000
horse10000
23:52 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If you really want arcade games so badly Keith why not implement them in GSC? I already gave u a suggestion in the previous pages. Why destroy the beauty of a league which has worked well so far?

I want balanced leagues, not ones that everything is in favour of the better clans and also ones that offer something for anyone. beenjammin who was my biggest critic last week can even see why arcade works in a league to try and mix things up, not saying he agrees but he understands, yes it goes against the so called bigger clans but over a season like the SL they will still end up on top.
erigert
erigert
23:55 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  

I want balanced leagues, not ones that everything is in favour of the better clans and also ones that offer something for anyone. beenjammin who was my biggest critic last week can even see why arcade works in a league to try and mix things up, not saying he agrees but he understands, yes it goes against the so called bigger clans but over a season like the SL they will still end up on top.

Then u just found something to bin. Bin all the good players that are in the leagues. That way your ideas can work better.

Why does a player who is good and has practiced a lot to be that good be discriminated by a league format?
hippesville
hippesville
23:55 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
......coz been will play 9 Arc???
horse10000
horse10000
23:57 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Then u just found something to bin. Bin all the good players that are in the leagues. That way your ideas can work better.

Why does a player who is good and has practiced a lot to be that good be discriminated by a league format?

If he really thought he was good and liked proving it, he would play any format, any length as he would believe he would beat anyone all of the time. That rules deffo doesn't apply to a lot of the top players on here.
erigert
erigert
00:00 Thu 23 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  

If he really thought he was good and liked proving it, he would play any format, any length as he would believe he would beat anyone all of the time. That rules deffo doesn't apply to a lot of the top players on here.

Does 9 ball arcade require skills? The fact that only 3 people have been pro means that its all down to luck not skill.

Oh and btw lets make game formats only 1 frame so the leagues gets more competitive.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:02 Thu 23 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
What's the definite outcome on changes if any?
horse10000
horse10000
00:05 Thu 23 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Does 9 ball arcade require skills? The fact that only 3 people have been pro means that its all down to luck not skill.

Oh and btw lets make game formats only 1 frame so the leagues gets more competitive.

Yes 9 ball arcade requires skills, just ask beenjammin if it required skill to get to a rank of 829.5.

You should know that anyway as you have played over 2500 games of it, but to admit differently would not fit in with the rest of your negativity towards it.
erigert
erigert
00:13 Thu 23 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Arcade does not require skills, it only needs a break that always leaves you a pot on after the break. And as you said it i know this cause ive played 2500 frames of it
horse10000
horse10000
00:17 Thu 23 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Arcade does not require skills, it only needs a break that always leaves you a pot on after the break. And as you said it i know this cause ive played 2500 frames of it

Your break must be pretty poor as you only got a 13% run out rate, you want me to show you a decent one to get that up a bit?

Maybe I am just luckier, or maybe their is skill involved
erigert
erigert
00:22 Thu 23 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Your break must be pretty poor as you only got a 13% run out rate, you want me to show you a decent one to get that up a bit?

Maybe I am just luckier, or maybe their is skill involved

U call findind a good break a skill?

Yes please tell it to me then so i can earn another "skill"
Pages: 19091
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.