People who are:
* Ignorant
* Arrogant
* Greedy
* Persistent Offenders yet still seem to get away with it
* People interfering in other persons conversations
* Parents who think it's acceptable to demand quiet by shouting at their kids
* Hypocrites
* People who are fake, non genuine - eventually find out.
* Those who threaten violence over such pettiness and patheticness

.....last one for now

Bullies - thinking it's their divine right to help themselves or trying to impress their so called mates, who at the end of the day IF their life were in danger would scarpur than stay and support their mates.

People who are so rude and crude - if nothing good to say then SHUT UP!

One of my main pet hates apart from Ignorance and Arrogance are people who speak so loudly on their mobile phones, give mobiles to KIDS - who they gonna ring - Ronald Mcdonald? Tweenies? Teletubbies - Heaven Sake - Parents STOP giving kids younger than their teenage years a mobile phone. That in itself can instigate and be cause/originate such bullying within schools.

Every kid wants the latest/recent technology - Why does a kid aged 9 need an Iphone 5? To advertise their parents wealth or to try and be top dog? The opposite happens, it's an encouragement for the 'bullies' to act. Give everyone a Nokia 3210 lol - all have the same phone then no reason to want an exchange. Enjoy your more wealthy products when within your safe haven (Home).

Edited at 02:15 Tue 17/03/15 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:54 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
What grinds me...

People that push in
People with no manners
People that talk loudly
People that suck up to boss's in the workplace
People that defend the TV license
People on mobiles in hospitals
People that base quality of life purely on the size of their bank accounts
People that defend Jamie Oliver over his recent hiring policy

Lastly - Shops that ask for you to pay for carrier bags after spending good money. For example, i was at B&Q today, spent 40 to 50 quid and they asked for 5p so i could put the items in a bag.

I carried the items out in my arms and vowed never to return. Well done B&Q! I might email them tomorrow and congratulate them on losing a good customer over 5p. It makes good business sense.

The local corner shop doesn't charge for carrier bags, yet these multimillion pound businesses can't seem to manage. I take it as an insult pure and simple and a complete you know what *take*.

That will do for today. Just warming up.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
11:08 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
_mich_
_mich_
14:56 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Having the pressure of opening a new loo roll and the first sheet not coming off properly and thinking to yourself you have let everyone down.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:36 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I expected nothing less _mich_ than a bog standard 'grievance' LOL
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:37 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
"Shops that ask for you to pay for carrier bags after spending good money"

Have to completely disagree with you, it's nothing to do with the profit, it's all to do with the environment and avoiding waste. It works because you didn't buy the bag . You were prepared to spend £50 at a place not know for being cheap, but you wouldn't cough up an extra 5p for a bag you didn't need. But if the bags were free in sure you would've paid 5p extra for all your items if that was their price.

Bags for life in supermarkets cost more than normal ones, but they're going to be reused more. There's more profit for a supermarket in charging for the single use bags, but the bags for life are better for the environment and supermarkets will try to shift customers over to them. In Scotland alone (before laws came in) they were wasting £40 million a year in carrier bags.

I lived in Wales for 3 years where it is the law for all shops to charge a minimum of 5p for any plastic bag and for recycling purposes it is fantastic. Bags are reused a lot more, there is practically zero waste carrier bags on the streets (and any waste is 99% down to the terrible weather on bin collection nights). It's ended up with some brilliant things. One of my favourites was the Chinese takeaway we used putting food in cardboard boxes from items and ingredients they'd ordered. So no plastic bag charge.

We're miles behind the rest of Europe with this stuff, could do with implementing more from there.

Edited at 18:48 Tue 17/03/15 (GMT)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:52 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Now if I go shopping I take my rucksack and it saves me ending up with 3 or 4 bags I'm never going to use again, plus it's far easier to carry.

It's daft to react so angrily to it and in no way an insult.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:34 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's daft to react so angrily to it and in no way an insult.

I disagree.

I pay for items and want them put in a bag.....to carry them home. They can put them in a cardboard box for all i care, but don't charge me for the pleasure of bagging my customer loyalty.

I understand the environmental issue. Don't push it onto the loyal consumer. Simple. It's like fast food restaurants that want to charge you for condiments.

Ridiculous.
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
21:45 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
i hate it when the little tab on the milk carton breaks and you have to either use your teeth or get out a knife
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:52 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Then take a bag, if you go shopping then you know you need to carry what you buy. It's nothing to do with loyalty and you don't have the right to a free plastic bag.

Fast food restaurants do it for profits, they don't encourage you to bring your own condiments so it's completely different.

It's the customers bad habits that cause the issue, and other attempts have little to no effect (tesco green clubcard points). If the bags had never been free, you wouldn't have a problem and the price clearly isn't the issue. It's the principal of not being entitled to a plastic bag. If you are willing to carry it from the shop then surely there's no inconvenience in taking them there save for laziness. You clearly didn't need the bag, why take one? Because it's free. Even if it's just a waste. Buy a bag for life and just take it to the shop rather than getting a plastic bag to never use again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:55 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Then take a bag, if you go shopping then you know you need to carry what you buy. It's nothing to do with loyalty and you don't have the right to a free plastic bag.

Fast food restaurants do it for profits, they don't encourage you to bring your own condiments so it's completely different.

It's the customers bad habits that cause the issue, and other attempts have little to no effect (tesco green clubcard points). If the bags had never been free, you wouldn't have a problem and the price clearly isn't the issue. It's the principal of not being entitled to a plastic bag. If you are willing to carry it from the shop then surely there's no inconvenience in taking them there save for laziness. You clearly didn't need the bag, why take one? Because it's free. Even if it's just a waste. Buy a bag for life and just take it to the shop rather than getting a plastic bag to never use again.

Some good points.

Do you work in retail?
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:06 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes, but only recently. Had these views beforehand . I was like you before I moved to Wales, just seemed a rip off where there was charges. But lived it and it makes a huge impact, and even in England now I won't take bags where I can get away without. So don't knock it until you've lived it mate. Sometimes the way that seems annoying is actually the answer. Like recycling pick ups every week, but general waste every two weeks. Encourages recycling again, (and some parts even have separate recycling bins too).

I think the above gives away something that grinds my gears xD
hippesville
hippesville
22:21 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Bullies
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:55 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm just glad nobody has said people who use the word "yo" instead of "you", for pitbull_pete's sake
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:11 Tue 17 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
- Poor teammates on tanks, nothing worse when your in artillery and they all go one way and a light tank flanks it lol

- Playing poor on funky for about a week

- Argumentative people on a forum who would bite at chance to post anything negative.

- When guests leave when they miss a pot

- Ranked players join a room called Friendly then leave before Breakoff
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:04 Wed 18 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
The gearstick for my car.

If it didn't, the car wouldn't move!
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
00:34 Wed 18 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
The gearstick for my car.

If it didn't, the car wouldn't move!

haha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:54 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Some good stuff here.

My gear grinders are:

Loud music when my brain doesn't want it.

Headaches

Trying to quietly eat pop corn in the cinema wearing a well fitted leather jacket.

Not being able to see the whole of yourself in a poor sized mirror / running out of time to see yourself in a public mirror because you only noticed the mirror as its ending.

Fancy shop assistants showing me how "wallets work"

Not knowing how iCloud works, my photos/videos are everywhere which forces me to delete them.

The smell of brown sauce (even though I lurrrrve it)

Bottled warm water

Losing 10,000 lighters in the space of a week

Flat cushions / pillows

Repeating myself

Fizzless coke

People with bad hygiene that try to cover their stink with Lynx

Young women that swear loudly in public and the mouth-all-mightys

Not having time to play on my Xbox

The bores of travelling

Waiting for ANYTHING

Your steak not cooked to how you ordered it

Disappointing films

People and programmes going on about what you can and can't eat / drink

The mighty once-every-now-and-again-deathly-hangovers-where-you-literally-want-to-peel-your-skin-off-and-have-it-dry-cleaned-while-you-die-from-headache-and-thirst

My hair growing too quick

Wet sun beds

Putting your hand in something sticky when emptying the bin

Serious boring chats when I'm sober

Waking up from a class dream

Losing a thumb war to your girlfriend

That's it for now

Edited at 21:57 Thu 19/03/15 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:45 Fri 20 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
drivers who dont say ty or acknowledge when you let them out or through,and the ones who dont indicate especially black cab drivers

ppl who dont say ta ty cheers when you open the door for them or keep it open

ppl who think they are above you

ppl trying to tell me/say what i can and cant do

ppl who dont say gg or they leave before ya pot the last ball

brassy ppl

last but not least ,,scousers on the telly with there "alright la ,,kidder talk,,,what a shame to all us scousers that talk proper makes me cringe

Edited at 10:01 Fri 20/03/15 (GMT)

Edited at 10:02 Fri 20/03/15 (GMT)
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

What Grinds Yo Gears ?!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Fun and Games.
Back to Forum List.