This has to be the most ridiculous story ever

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

hustler_1987
hustler_1987
11:17 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11945/9765327/premier-league-to-lose-champions-league-spot-coefficients-explained

How can Sky be serious, The Premier League is the biggest league in the world, it will be in the champions league till the end of time 100% guaranteed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:42 Fri 20 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I totally get this, unless English teams start doing better in Europe, then they will lose the 4th place Champions League, and rightly so, we only get the 4 th place now because how well we have done in recent years in European competions, We are not exactly setting European football alight at the moment, where as others are like Italy
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:57 Fri 20 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think you mean UEFA, not Sky. That's how it's always been, we've just done well enough to keep within the top 3 countries. If we have teams consistently outperforming us, then we don't deserve the extra places.

You can say the prem is the best league in the world, but that is because of the level of quality throughout the league. Quite simply our top level hasn't been good enough in Europe for the last few seasons and we need improvement to deserve to keep 4 places.

You need the best teams in European competition, regardless of whether they're in the best leagues.
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
22:52 Fri 20 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol i misread i thought it meant we wasn't gonna get any premier league teams , now i see it just says 4th place spot , durrrrrr lol
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:42 Sun 22 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
That makes a lot more sense yes it would be ridiculous for us to not get any!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

This has to be the most ridiculous story ever

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.