Jeremy Clarkson

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

hustler_1987
hustler_1987
09:02 Sun 29 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
What are your views/opinions

I like the guy he is a laugh, but he crossed the line when he unprovokingly attacked and hospitalized the guy he hit

I have a feeling the 3 (Clarkson, May, Hammond) will all get back together on channel 4 or 5
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:47 Sun 29 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I saw a link by rubber_duck on facebook and said they may be moving to ITV and making a new show called Top Speed
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
14:04 Sun 29 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I dont mind him, but the petition to reinstate him is ridiculous. No man should be applauding for attacking someone. People need to get a grip.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:58 Sun 29 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I dont mind him, but the petition to reinstate him is ridiculous. No man should be applauding for attacking someone. People need to get a grip.

True i wouldn't sign it, i do like him on Top Gear taking mickey out of May and Hammond however their are boundaries which he crossed. You can't expect to hospitalize someone and not expect a punishment.

I did once accidentally at school when aiming for my bully i got my friend instead but he thanked me as he got week off school playing GTA but i was worried i was going to get suspended.

This is how Clarkson should be feeling as if this happened now i would expect at least a fine due to Assault or worse GBH which is nothing for him and if i was producer i would expect some compensation.

Celebs think they do something they don't have to pay the consequences as they think they are the be it and end all. In a way if Clarkson goes to ITV he won't have a punishment as much as i liked Top Gear from time to time he would just switch companies. He needs a fine of some sort at the very least.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:17 Sun 29 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't get me wrong, Clarkson was completely in the wrong and it was unprovoked and he should be punished accordingly. But I feel like some people are missing the point because it's Clarkson and the expect something controversial. The producer drove himself to hospital, so it clearly wasn't as serious as most attacks that leaves the victim hospitalised.

Reports don't seem all clear on what it was for but it was minor and at the most Assault occasioning ABH, not GBH. He'll probably get a fine and his position at the BBC is untenable.

What I took from the petition was that the BBC was going to sack him anyway and it was to keep him there not to support him because most likely Top Gear won't be as successful or as good without him, particularly if the BBC go for a 'safe' replacement - could be the death of the Uk Top Gear, which is what people were trying to avoid.

I think he's a massive Richard, but I do like his tongue-in-cheek pushing the boundaries style. The Falklands thing was all Argentina because they've done far worse if he did that deliberate and I don't think he did personally with the warnings he's had.

It is a shame because it could well be the end of a show which many enjoy, and Clarkson is well aware that it is entirely his fault. No sympathy for that.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:34 Sun 29 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
okay fair enough, i haven't read the full story but i hope clarkson gave him some kind of settlement
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:12 Sun 29 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
That would be fair, but our legal system can be crap at times
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
22:55 Sun 29 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Id love to lamp him

best thing is the publicity will make him richer and he will have loads of offers to do shows for more money
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:03 Sun 29 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't get me wrong, Clarkson was completely in the wrong and it was unprovoked and he should be punished accordingly. But I feel like some people are missing the point because it's Clarkson and the expect something controversial. The producer drove himself to hospital, so it clearly wasn't as serious as most attacks that leaves the victim hospitalised.

Reports don't seem all clear on what it was for but it was minor and at the most Assault occasioning ABH, not GBH. He'll probably get a fine and his position at the BBC is untenable.

What I took from the petition was that the BBC was going to sack him anyway and it was to keep him there not to support him because most likely Top Gear won't be as successful or as good without him, particularly if the BBC go for a 'safe' replacement - could be the death of the Uk Top Gear, which is what people were trying to avoid.

I think he's a massive Richard, but I do like his tongue-in-cheek pushing the boundaries style. The Falklands thing was all Argentina because they've done far worse if he did that deliberate and I don't think he did personally with the warnings he's had.

It is a shame because it could well be the end of a show which many enjoy, and Clarkson is well aware that it is entirely his fault. No sympathy for that.

So basically a racist bully got something that was coming for years!

I do hope his politician friends like David and Boris will cope!
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:28 Sun 29 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Basically yeah
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
00:21 Mon 30 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Love the show! Actually really like clarkson but in any work environment you can't go around hitting people so the BBC has made the correct choice here! Him and the rest will do very well out of the situation unlike others who are sacked. So for me move on its gone! What next
foxhound
foxhound
12:44 Mon 30 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Interesting thing is, the bloke he is reported to have hit has actually tweeted that nothing had happened. Also, alot of you don't realise that the three of them had been recording for near on 24 hours and hadn't eaten. Don't think many people realise that in television, the real numpties are the producers who constantly keep pushing the presenters/actors to do more stupid things so as to boost the ratings.

Surely we, as TV license payers, are entitled to a say as to what happens with Topgear now. I, for one, won't be watching it anymore as Clarkson, Hammond and May made the show what it is.

Seems you can be a pedophile and abuse vulnerable kids in hospitals within the BBC and nobody will bat an eye (in fact, didn't they give Saville a Rolls Royce?), but allegedly 'hit' a moronic producer (who is reported to have likened Clarkson to Saville) and everybody loses their mind.

Ridiculous.

Anyway, far more pressing matters in the news....
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
14:11 Mon 30 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
^^^ well said sir
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:47 Mon 30 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I can sort of understand then as no one should go without food but still gives him no right to hit the producer whatever environment your in (unless of course you have to eat him to survive).

I agree with what you said over Top Gear, Clarkson in my eyes made Top Gear as well as Hammond and May.

I don't link him with Saville at all i mean its not like Clarkson did what he did, its just a punch or two.

I do hope they do move to ITV and make Top Speed and Clarkson gave that producer a settlement (nothing too large as it wasn't really serious). In a sense Clarkson is lucky he isn't facing police action over an Assault Charge.

Anyways if they do move onto ITV i would watch it from time to time like i did Top Gear
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:48 Mon 30 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Also thanks to swear filter as i was going to put what Saville is but it blocked that word so props
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:29 Mon 30 Mar 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Poor Clarkson.

All that money. All that fame. All those cars. All those drugs. All that ego. All those women.

All paid for by the BBC.

Well done BBC or bringing us the greatest pedophile to work in children's land TV and a self centred snob with an ego larger than his perm.

I for one will boycott any station or show that takes this sad case for a human being. I will also boycott and add to my ignore list anyone on this thread that still thinks Clarkson is ok and one of the lads.

Edited at 18:55 Mon 30/03/15 (BST)
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Jeremy Clarkson

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.