Cheating for achievements

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:21 Mon 6 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I understand where the posts above are respectively coming from but playing for run outs in friendlies where absolutely nothing is gained apart from time efficiency is in my view just smart initiative.. its definitely not cheating as you still have to complete the run out process from beginning to end, no help from any other party.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:21 Mon 6 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah I get that and I understand it's fun for you.

Just think the leaderboards should be representive of competitive play. It would be ideal to look at a persons stats and work out how many runouts they get over a certain amount of games. The way you're doing it isn't a fair representation of your skill, because the runouts are coming off the factory line as opposed to playing different players under different circumstances. I know the runouts come in competitive play as well, that's not my point.

Wouldn't a runout be more worthy in a final at 4-4 a piece, nerves slightly in play, or a deciding clan rack? I can't personally see the honor in simply dumping blacks to gain non pressure runouts. I know it takes skill, but dump your hand in a bucket of muck enough times and it will eventually come out clean.

My point is there may be 2 players doing this, but it's a 1 player game. I don't believe it's fair on anyone trying to make it up the leaderboards in runs or 7's when people are making private rooms to dump blacks simply to speed up what they profess to be inevitable.

What's wrong with an honest system where you actually set out to play a real game of pool? Dumping blacks isn't a real game of pool the last time I checked.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:04 Tue 7 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Now I understand the reason for potting blacks to end the frame is to speed up the play time but I don't understand why you would want to do it myself.

That being said I also don't see what is wrong with it. A run-out is a run-out, not dependant on what has happened in previous frames.

Even as you've said above, a run-out is independant of the scenario. It doesn't matter who your opponent is or what you are playing in as the player has no control over whether a run-out occurs.

You could argue that people smash breaking to set up maximum chances over on snooker is wrong but I really don't think there is an argument for the above (providing there are in friendly games).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:57 Tue 7 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It's a preferred choice, some players do it to save time others will play out the frames. As long as it's done in a friendly game and both players are fine with it then I don't see the argument in all honesty. It's not cheating, just being effective n efficient. You either like it or you don't, no way does it take away the value of the run out gained.
That's the way I see it, some will agree, others won't. No problem with either side.
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
02:08 Tue 7 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The rule is in place to stop players from gaining extra ranked points when playing ranked games. If both players are in agreement when playing a friendly game then there is no problem here as no advantage is gained. Please remember thou that if it is seen to be done in a ranked game then this is breaking site rules as the other player will gain ranked points. (Which the rule states)

_mich_
_mich_
02:11 Tue 7 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Rules haven't been changed or anything, I was warned for this not too long ago so I'd advise anyone to either not do it or be very careful haha!

I remember also being banned for beating Niall comprehensively.
_niall_
_niall_
02:24 Tue 7 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The rule is in place to stop players from gaining extra ranked points when playing ranked games. If both players are in agreement when playing a friendly game then there is no problem here as no advantage is gained. Please remember thou that if it is seen to be done in a ranked game then this is breaking site rules as the other player will gain ranked points. (Which the rule states)

I got banned years ago for doing it in friendly games so I'm guessing common sense prevailed and the rules have changed. I did mention it to Sean a few weeks ago just in case but I guess that's irrelevant now.

And yes thanks for reminding me Mich that was a good while before I got banned for doing it in friendlies
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
02:32 Tue 7 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

I got banned years ago for doing it in friendly games so I'm guessing common sense prevailed and the rules have changed. I did mention it to Sean a few weeks ago just in case but I guess that's irrelevant now.

And yes thanks for reminding me Mich that was a good while before I got banned for doing it in friendlies

As long as players remember the actual rule, friendly games don't impact on rank which are within the rules.

We don't want to ban players this is the last thing on our mind, we are trying to increase members on the site so if you think the rules have changed that's wrong we are just looking into every complaint/issue with a more open mind!
_niall_
_niall_
02:38 Tue 7 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
But the rule was obviously in place when I got banned...that under no circumstances was a player or players allowed to purposely foul the black over and over, whether the games were ranked or friendly. So clearly that rule has been changed, which I'm glad about!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:54 Tue 7 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
A full list of the cheats can be found here...

http://www.funkypool.com/games/8-ball-pool-games/run-outs

numbers 1-36 guilty as sin...

wipe their stats...

boot them all...

dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:04 Tue 7 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
ha i would be 2nd then, ill take that

a boot doesn't do much by the way, its similar to when someone DDOS's you on game consoles
hahahaha
hahahaha
11:04 Tue 7 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah I get that and I understand it's fun for you.

Just think the leaderboards should be representive of competitive play. It would be ideal to look at a persons stats and work out how many runouts they get over a certain amount of games. The way you're doing it isn't a fair representation of your skill, because the runouts are coming off the factory line as opposed to playing different players under different circumstances. I know the runouts come in competitive play as well, that's not my point.

Wouldn't a runout be more worthy in a final at 4-4 a piece, nerves slightly in play, or a deciding clan rack? I can't personally see the honor in simply dumping blacks to gain non pressure runouts. I know it takes skill, but dump your hand in a bucket of muck enough times and it will eventually come out clean.

My point is there may be 2 players doing this, but it's a 1 player game. I don't believe it's fair on anyone trying to make it up the leaderboards in runs or 7's when people are making private rooms to dump blacks simply to speed up what they profess to be inevitable.

What's wrong with an honest system where you actually set out to play a real game of pool? Dumping blacks isn't a real game of pool the last time I checked.

It's all about the break off, whether someone pots the black or not it doesn't have any impact on the next game in any way whatsoever so the leaderboards are exactly as they should be
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:42 Tue 7 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Most people posting on this thread agree it's fine and admin have stated it's allowed. That's what's important i guess. Fun is fun!

I'm in the minority on this subject and sometimes you have to accept you're outlook isn't correct.

I've begrudgingly accepted that my outlook isn't correct

If anyone has the ability to change the thread title from 'Cheating for achievements' to 'Manipulating achievements?' that would be cool. Just seems like a heavy title after reading the well constructed replies and i'm feeling guilty

Edited at 15:53 Tue 07/04/15 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:19 Wed 8 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Some inside the top 50 for UK Runouts take the choice to speed up there journey and sink blacks to speed it up. Others chose to take the legit path, finish out there games, playing either ranked or friendly. A few players are only speeding up the inevitable, players that would reach the top 10, just taking the faster route. Some though are just trying to get there name out there, people that may never reach the top 10. But still try.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:49 Sun 10 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Unreal amount of games lost by a foul on the black by certain players,what joy they must get by dunking that black. Unless they havent grasped the art of playing the game yet?
baff
baff
Admin
23:54 Tue 12 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Whilst playing multiple friendly games against the same opponent - purely with the aim of obtaining run-outs in order to gain places on the leader boards - is not against site rules, we (staff) feel that it is against the spirit of the game, and can be considered as cheating.

Should we note any further attempts to gate-crash the leader-boards with these methods, we will consider resetting the member(s) in question.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:09 Wed 13 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
How are the member(s) cheating exactly. If it's a foul on black they lose...so to lose on purpose in a friendly does not in anyway give the opponent an advantage.

Trying for run-outs is allowed and the person breaking is the person going for the run-out so in no way does committing a deliberate foul be seen as a cheat...the run-out is made by themselves and only them. They or he or whoever only lose a game in a friendly if they foul.

This needs addressing, well the actions your saying your going to take.

baff
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:15 Wed 13 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Says it all here by admin....ranked games. All is happening is a game being ended early to go again and TRY for a legitmate runout!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
04:25 Wed 13 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Whilst playing multiple friendly games against the same opponent - purely with the aim of obtaining run-outs in order to gain places on the leader boards - is not against site rules, we (staff) feel that it is against the spirit of the game, and can be considered as cheating.

Should we note any further attempts to gate-crash the leader-boards with these methods, we will consider resetting the member(s) in question.

I completely agree with this, any form of trying to enhance your own statistics when not playing a frame or rack in a proper manner/fashion is and should be deemed as manipulation and cheating.

IF a run out is achieved from a break off with 2 willing participants trying to win the frame (including a run out) then that event should be recorded and the player be acknowledged for their achievement.

Instead of a minority manipulating the Ranking Tables with their run outs and falsifying their own stats.

About time Admin - now can you crack down on those using the Aimbot please, totally obvious who are using it and who are not. Or allow them to keep digging their own graves, liars and cheats ALWAYS get found out eventually.

- Impressed with this course of action. Funkypool ain't dead after all.
hahahaha
hahahaha
10:18 Wed 13 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Which of you staff feel that it's against the spirit of the game and can be considering as cheating as another admin posted a month ago saying It's perfectly fine in friendly games, what's changed since then?

Ash, how the hell is it totally obvious who are using an aimbot? Would be good to know....
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Cheating for achievements

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.