Merge sites (funkypool and funkysnooker)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:28 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I actually think pool requires more precision than snooker, snooker is too easy with the large tables. Potting is slightly easier here though.

Makes sense logically to combine the two but it won't happen because of the lost revenue, would be much easier if it did though (and I actually think better for attracting new customers etc)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:35 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes, there would be a slight decrease in revenue, although how much can they really be making off this site. If this was a source of much income, they would be focusing on improving it. It looks more like this is just running on the side for Nick, so I assume that revenue would actually not play a big part.
Details like rank transfers etc would require some work, but can surely be solved. Differences in pool and snooker (and this is not the place to explain how much I disagree with pirate there on the skill in both... "slightly easier"???).
I think tournaments, leagues, and atmosphere would greatly improve with a combined site.
hippesville
hippesville
15:14 Mon 13 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Nah
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
16:50 Mon 13 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Great idea. would generate a better buzz in chat rooms and a bigger tournaments, plus harder competition in games too. Wouldn't matter about stats because you'd just choose your name and then merge them together. Anything is possible. The more the merrier to stop this sinking ship.
hippesville
hippesville
03:36 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Nah

It seems to be different horses for different courses for me.
Snooker from what I've heard has more life in it, and pool is the one dying a long painful death.
I'm sure the snooker fraternity would be of the opinion, if it ain't broke don't fix it, and would question the overload of things going on.
Also on pool there is more friction, hence more people on snooker.

Like I said, this is the impression I've been given. Feel free to correct me
im_crap_adam
im_crap_adam
08:51 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
yay more people to cry when they lose
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:22 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Nah

Snooker from what I've heard has more life in it, and pool is the one dying a long painful death.
I'm sure the snooker fraternity would be of the opinion, if it ain't broke don't fix it, and would question the overload of things going on.

Recently started a snooker account and it's dead on there too, only rooms you have generally are tons of guests playing arcade, 5 or 6 rooms of members arcade and literally 2 rooms of all the other game tyoes.
Tourneys seem to have the same or less numbers than pool and their league has less teams with a lot less players on each and aside from one team they're all made up of the very best players...I'm not sure why more lesser teams aren't in there.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
10:44 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Recently started a snooker account and it's dead on there too, only rooms you have generally are tons of guests playing arcade, 5 or 6 rooms of members arcade and literally 2 rooms of all the other game types.
Tourneys seem to have the same or less numbers than pool and their league has less teams with a lot less players on each and aside from one team they're all made up of the very best players...I'm not sure why more lesser teams aren't in there.

Unfortunate truth its why i rarely play now as i am an Original/Carom player, good thing is Carom players actually ask you to play so you get a game. Never see it in Original except when i play Seb.

Pool has more rooms but always lacked motivation to play and can't put finger on why

Only positive thing on Snooker at the moment is Super Tournaments every weekend and a People's Tournament, other than that and League games not much appeals to me

Regarding less numbers in the league unfortunate as well as we have a quieter atmosphere i mean it took us roughly 27 months to fill a discussion thread which is crazy.

Worse thing is the Clan Difference may range between -1 and -3 so we would be between 4 and 6 clans which is poor really but i don't think we had more than 7 clans at one time.

Always considered FCL "The" League as without it no Snooker, no FBL, i think FCL put a lot of leagues on the map.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
10:48 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Nah

Way it's going i could see Snooker going first but bless Staff for making Super Tournaments each weekend, may be an incentive to stay.

I do think Ranked Tournaments was the beginning of the end, One Ranked Tournament every 2-3 hours would be more game rooms i think.

Think reason theres more on Snooks is mainly because of guests not sure but normally picks up at end of April/start of May for World Championships, lets hope its the same this year.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:40 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio surely the strength of the other teams is stopping clans forming over there?
Can see anybody of an average level just watching their opponents clear up every game with those players.
Would probably grow if you could somehow get a second division started, maybe starting a thread and seeing players that would be interested in forming 2nd division clans then you might get a lot.

Just a thought from an outsider
foxhound
foxhound
12:24 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Surely it could only be beneficial to have the two merged?

I haven't played over there for a while now but when I first started, it was probably twice as busy as here (if not more) but the last time I played on it, I struggled just as much to get a game.

How many people who play on both, will have both game rooms/screens open at the same time?
hahahaha
hahahaha
12:35 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It's not looking good for clans at all over there at the minute but I find it much easier to get a game on snooker than on here. It's quite easy to find games of arcade most of the time but on here It's virtually impossible to get a game of any type at the best of times
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:09 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It's not looking good for clans at all over there at the minute but I find it much easier to get a game on snooker than on here. It's quite easy to find games of arcade most of the time but on here It's virtually impossible to get a game of any type at the best of times

I think its easier to get a ranked game over here than people think. 9US and 8UK will always have a game available 90% of the day. Straight usually has a game but for some reason these tools cap the rank at 750 the boring sods. Always a killer game going as well! However, on snooker you cannot get a Reg, Orig or Power at all. People sit in Arcade games because its clearly the least skillful game on that site. Scrap Reg/8arc/9arc and snooker Killer and combine the two sites
hahahaha
hahahaha
19:19 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It's not what people think, I have witnessed it for myself on many occasions, although I've never logged in 7 days a week to see what the outcome is then

I was lucky to log in and turtle was waiting in a game but It's very rare you can get a game against anyone half decent, most of the time when there games available to join It's normally a very low ranked player who are not worth playing.

I used to always post on the forum seeing If anyone wanted a game for a reason lol, maybe It's the times I log in I dunno, although I do log in at normal times when you'd expect most people to be around.

Edited at 16:35 Tue 14/04/15 (BST)
clifton188
clifton188
19:30 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
No don't scrap reg Samuel that's the best thing about fs! I do like u can always get a killer game over here though
hahahaha
hahahaha
19:34 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah well killer is crap cliffy so I wasn't including that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:42 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah well killer is crap cliffy so I wasn't including that

I felt that like a dagger in the heart xD

The reason I suggest getting rid of Reg is because you've already got Arc/Power/Orig, Reg is like a worse version of Orig and a less fun version of Power so why do you really need that niche game?
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
22:41 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
We have been discussing a joint pool/snooker competition tournament which we need to work out if this can be done! This would link both sites and hopefully help with numbers. We can't say if this will happen but we are talking about it at the moment. I kind of like the idea of logging into a funky community with games like pool, snooker and maybe more games all in one log in page with a combined chat room. I like it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:51 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
We have been discussing a joint pool/snooker competition tournament which we need to work out if this can be done! This would link both sites and hopefully help with numbers. We can't say if this will happen but we are talking about it at the moment. I kind of like the idea of logging into a funky community with games like pool, snooker and maybe more games all in one log in page with a combined chat room. I like it

Well mate, not to point out the obvious, but you are admin, so crack on and get it done
erigert
erigert
22:54 Tue 14 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

One of the few admins who actually care for this site
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Merge sites (funkypool and funkysnooker)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.