Server Issue

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:54 Thu 16 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Is anyone having an issue with the game window lagging massively?

Has only occured today for no real reason. Taking me about 2 minutes to log into the server. Actually loading a game (accepting an invite etc.) is taking just as long. However, as soon as the frame has actually started it's fine.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:18 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i have the EXACT same problem.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:19 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Severely.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:58 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Seems to be an issue a few others are having....

Anyone have any idea of a fix? (Beyond the enivtable reinstall Java...)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:18 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Switch browser from Google Chrome - they are phasing out programs with plug-ins - so it's inevitably going to happen soon enough.

The java 8 version 40 appears to have more bugs than fixes so I'd recommend downloading Java 7 Update 79 (was previously Update 75). When it prompts you to still update once again to Version 8 40, just ignore it. Pool runs fine.

Hope that helps.

Follow this link: https://java.com/en/download/manual_java7.jsp

(Windows Online section)

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/20074/java-issue-google-chrome
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:27 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Possible other fixes:

1. From www.piriform.com - download Ccleaner
2. From Control Panel clear out the Java Cache 32/64 bit
3. Defragment the C:/ but this will take a while so best to perform this late at night/overnight.
4. From the Start-Up Menu (Task Manager - STOP all the unnecessary applications especially with High CPU usage)
5. Change Power Options to High Performance - same with Applications (through Advanced Administrative Tools)
6. Only have a few application open/running simultaneously.

Just some helpful hints/tips.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:47 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks for trying to help but most the above suggestions wouldn't have any effect on a server based issue.

Turns out it is something to do with Java 8 Update 45.

For some reason this fault only occurs on the Funky server and not other Java web applets.

Would it be something that the admins could possibly look at?

Edited at 12:51 Fri 17/04/15 (BST)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:55 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It's the java certificates for Version 8 Update 45 - Nick will either need to apply or extend them.

Usually just displays a Security Warning Message - giving you a few options, all result in the screen freezing.

Hence I have posted the link to the Java version just before the Upgrade to Version 8.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:01 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't want to be running out of date software...The link you provided is for Java 7 which expired 5 or so months ago? Older updates of 8 are removed from their website as soon as the latest update is available too.

I doubt it is a java certificate issue - If you would read my first post the issue isn't with the screen freezing whilst loading the game.

It takes about 2 minutes to log into the server and about the same time to load any game room / table. I.e. - Accepting an invite takes around 2 minutes to load the table. However, once the frame has actually started there is no lag whatsoever (even when one frame finishes and the next starts).

I'm not savvy with Java - I do think it's an issue with something that has changed in the new update and something with the Funky applet though (happy to be corrected).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:35 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Any admin?;

crazzymadman
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:54 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
its a java8 issue

some players that downloaded the 8 have now gone back to 7 to be able to play even though its outa date ,,just wait for nick to apply it and accept it im still on 7 have no issues so far,,so until nick sorts java8 out im stayin on 7
erigert
erigert
18:57 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Having the same problem today
erigert
erigert
18:58 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
and i dont think its java as im using an older version of it
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
19:03 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I have sent Nick a message saying some members are having game play issues, when i downloaded the new version of Java i had issues logging in so i went back a version and i no longer have this. For the ones that are having problems can you please post your java/server info so we can see if this is a similar trend (java issue or not)

Thanks
erigert
erigert
19:06 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
the Games takes longer to load after a frame finishes.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:17 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
NO ONE download the new version of JAVA - Version 8 Update 40/45- the security parameters are different.

They claim to have fixed many bugs but will require Authentication for the Security Certificates. I had to uninstall then locate Java 7 Update 75/79 now - it tries to entice you to update again but DON'T.

Not worth the hassle.

https://java.com/en/download/manual_java7.jsp (Java 7 Update 79 NOW)

Follow this link - click where says -Windows Online and follow the process. After it will ask you to update again - ignore it, just click the X button to close down the window.

Good Luck

Also the Update 79 when you open the java applet it will prompt you again to update - click on Later and pool will open fine for you.

Edited at 16:24 Fri 17/04/15 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:30 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
agreed thats what ive been doing
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:44 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
When I log in to play (I play on Opera), it takes a couple of minutes to log in to it and then when in the game server it takes a while to show that its my shot and by then i can sometimes be timed out of a shot.

No wonder new people wont wanna join the site, especially when its not working right at the moment.
punkpoet
punkpoet
23:09 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
NO ONE download the new version of JAVA - Version 8 Update 40/45- the security parameters are different.

They claim to have fixed many bugs but will require Authentication for the Security Certificates. I had to uninstall then locate Java 7 Update 75/79 now - it tries to entice you to update again but DON'T.

Not worth the hassle.

https://java.com/en/download/manual_java7.jsp (Java 7 Update 79 NOW)

Follow this link - click where says -Windows Online and follow the process. After it will ask you to update again - ignore it, just click the X button to close down the window.

Good Luck

Also the Update 79 when you open the java applet it will prompt you again to update - click on Later and pool will open fine for you.

Edited at 16:24 Fri 17/04/15 (BST)

Yeah I have just loaded 45, when i go into a tourney room it freezes for about 30 seconds (making me miss my shot) but after that works well but i cant go into games giving away the first shot ;) lol.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
23:51 Fri 17 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah Chrome has blocked me from going into the server today, I enter on Firefox and it freezes straight away lol. Can't even move the cursor at all. Happy days
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Server Issue

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.