Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:19 Fri 22 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
java 8.40 does not work need to go back to java 8.31
chaos_
chaos_
16:45 Fri 22 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks _siber_man_
The update I did was 8.45 , where would I find 8.31 , iv had a look and cant find it ARGGHHHH?

This is all too hard , jesus no wonders the game is losing players lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:10 Fri 22 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks _siber_man_
The update I did was 8.45 , where would I find 8.31 , iv had a look and cant find it ARGGHHHH?

http://www.itechtics.com/download-java-8-update-31-direct-download-links/
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:12 Fri 22 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks _siber_man_

This works on chrome?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:14 Fri 22 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks _siber_man_

This works on chrome?

idk tbh wiv ya m8,, i downloaded the torch browser anyways as google is phasing add ons out
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:42 Sat 23 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
im using torch browser...with java 8 update 31.

got no lag tonight...been messing about with a few. that one seems ok so far..but just for funkypool..

i go back to chrome for usual internet access as torch is not great for searching etc.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
cowboy3969
cowboy3969
22:01 Thu 11 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
well0 90990u 9u 0u 9u'9u' 9 u/////respond
katja_19
katja_19
17:29 Wed 15 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The newest java update (8u51) seems to have fixed the problem for me for now. I'm using firefox though, so maybe someone using different browsers can check if they work too.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:32 Wed 15 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I tried it last evening on Google Chrome, the security warning box still appeared.

Haven't tried it on Torch Browser yet.

Good to hear works on Mozilla Firefox, could easily switch to that browser.

_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:33 Wed 15 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I've just tried Java 8 Update 51 on Mozilla Firefox and the same Security Warning displays on the screen. I'm using Windows 8.1 maybe that's why?

I'll be going to Windows 10 from July 29th 2015 - so maybe that might rectify it.
kris
kris
21:08 Wed 15 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I've just tried Java 8 Update 51 on Mozilla Firefox and the same Security Warning displays on the screen. I'm using Windows 8.1 maybe that's why?

I'll be going to Windows 10 from July 29th 2015 - so maybe that might rectify it.

about win 10. i got that free upgrade offer with my new lappy too. how would it work? do they just send me a link where to download it or?
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
21:11 Wed 15 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
My laptop is still using Vista and my work laptop is Windows 8.. I've tried Java 8u51 on both and the security box that then proceeds to freeze the entire game appears on both (I use Firefox) .. I uninstalled u51 and went back to 8u31 and it's fine.
Regardless of browsers, windows versions etc it just won't work for everyone. The only solution is for Nick to make modifications to the server to make it compatible with the java updates, or hope that the next java update is more accomodating like u31.
There is a temporary fix for chrome but with add ons being phazed out completely eventually, there really isn't much point in bothering.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
21:11 Wed 15 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Have you got the White Windows icon on the taskbar? (Bottom Right of the screen)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-10-upgrade
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
21:14 Wed 15 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm one of the people who actually doesn't mind Vista and I hate 7/8 .. I'm still mourning the loss of ME and XP
kris
kris
22:56 Wed 15 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Have you got the White Windows icon on the taskbar? (Bottom Right of the screen)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-10-upgrade

was tht ment for me?

no i dont, but i signed up 4 it, got msg tht they will let me know or smthing, if i remember correctly...

tht link of urs doesnt seem to wrk
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
00:16 Thu 16 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Just type in the search bar: How to upgrade to Windows 10?

Will display the link to Microsoft website
the__priest
the__priest
02:42 Thu 16 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
My laptop is still using Vista and my work laptop is Windows 8.. I've tried Java 8u51 on both and the security box that then proceeds to freeze the entire game appears on both (I use Firefox) .. I uninstalled u51 and went back to 8u31 and it's fine.
Regardless of browsers, windows versions etc it just won't work for everyone. The only solution is for Nick to make modifications to the server to make it compatible with the java updates, or hope that the next java update is more accomodating like u31.
There is a temporary fix for chrome but with add ons being phazed out completely eventually, there really isn't much point in bothering.

I loaded up firefox and opera
have you a 32 bit computer if you do you load up the 32bit download only

if you have a 64 computer you need to load up
both 32 and 62 bit

On IE, Opera and Firefox this works perfectly fine and more so its a lot quicker
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
02:44 Thu 16 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  

I loaded up firefox and opera
have you a 32 bit computer if you do you load up the 32bit download only

if you have a 64 computer you need to load up
both 32 and 62 bit

On IE, Opera and Firefox this works perfectly fine and more so its a lot quicker

32 yes, and that's exactly what I did.. I really don't know what the issue is, it just seems to magically be fine for some and not for others! In honesty I haven't tried any other browsers other than Firefox.. In my experience IE is the number 1 browser to download another browser, but some people really like it.
the__priest
the__priest
02:45 Thu 16 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm one of the people who actually doesn't mind Vista and I hate 7/8 .. I'm still mourning the loss of ME and XP

windows 8 is total crap, id rather 7 any day of the week
8 was developed for tablets etc
crap on laptops and base
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Java issue Google Chrome

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.