Summer Transfer Window

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:14 Mon 13 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Schweinsteiger is a great signing for United, I doubt he'll manage to be the signing of the season though because he shouldn't be playing every game. He's become injury prone in the last few years, he wasn't good enough to win his place back from Alonso (who is a few years older) and he is coming from a league that is used to a winter break and where he would play less games anyway. He HAS to be saved, i'd tip him to be a good signing but get injured. Look at last season and the amount of United injuries was surely not a coincidence. That would be my worry.

I'm glad Sterling is gone, he took an awful attitude at the end and I for one won't be sorry if he's now thrown his career away. He won't get the treatment he needs to develop at City, he'll either perform or be benched (and he certainly won't get as much game time now). £49 million is a good price, he is rated as the most valuable young talent but he could easily fall short of his potential. Can't wait for Skrtel to give him a welcome return to Anfield already .
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
22:58 Mon 13 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Claudio Ranieri new leicester boss, thoughts?

Strange choice tbh, would have expected Neil Lennon tbh. Ranieri is a nice guy, press conferences are good but he's been away from English football for 14/15 years, that's a long time.

I don't think he will be a good appointment, like to be proved wrong though.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:58 Mon 13 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Strange choice tbh, would have expected Neil Lennon tbh. Ranieri is a nice guy, press conferences are good but he's been away from English football for 14/15 years, that's a long time.

I don't think he will be a good appointment, like to be proved wrong though.

11 years
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
00:59 Tue 14 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol I was close. Still exceeds 10 so phew.
klien
klien
01:59 Tue 14 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I would have liked to see O'Neill..

In my opinion, one of most underrated managers the Premier League has ever had. I think he is a superb manager and could/should be managing one of the top 6 or 7.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:43 Tue 14 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Leicester relegation favourites in my opinion, Ranieri is not the manager he used to be.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:07 Tue 14 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Sterling to Man City done for £44m + £5m add ons - no way is he worth that.
chezz
chezz
20:36 Tue 14 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Posted Image

This is how matey

The extra 9mill is to give to QPR
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:55 Tue 14 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL

Rough Estimates:
Memphis Depay - £25m
Mateo Darmian - £13m
Bastien Schweinstiger - £15m

Total so far: £ 53m approx

Who's done the better deal hmmmmmm lol -

RVP out 4.7m - That's cheap as hell - hope we bring in Cavani - Lewandowski would be too good to be true tbh. Don't forget Higuian - he's gone quiet, it's usually the quiet transfer which happen - Otamendi too.

£11m more than Aguero - NO WAY!! I wouldn't offer £20m lol.

Edited at 18:05 Tue 14/07/15 (BST)
chezz
chezz
23:44 Tue 14 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Decent signings, not as good as da silva and jenner, with stead coming in as a traditional number 9
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:59 Thu 16 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Sky bet have suspended betting on Benteke joining Liverpool, his odds have been slashed to 10/1 on.

Maybe for that money he is costing a more suitable player was available?
Still let's see if it happens or not.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:42 Thu 16 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
How many strikers do Liverpool need?

Ings, Origi, Sturridge, Balotelli, Lambert, Markovic (Can play up front), Borini (Still there), Is Yesil still there too?

I dont actually think BR knows what he's doing tbh - Milner is a great signing, you need a Reus (can't offer CL), Pablo Piatti, possibly Marek Hamsik, Vicktor Fishcher kind of player. Sterling wont be too difficult to replace but a Striker is not required.

A Central Defender to compete vs Sakho, Toure and Lovren as Lovren had a crap season last time and the less said about Skrtel the better - a liability IMO.
klien
klien
20:38 Thu 16 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
How many strikers do Liverpool need?

Ings, Origi, Sturridge, Balotelli, Lambert, Markovic (Can play up front), Borini (Still there), Is Yesil still there too?

I dont actually think BR knows what he's doing tbh - Milner is a great signing, you need a Reus (can't offer CL), Pablo Piatti, possibly Marek Hamsik, Vicktor Fishcher kind of player. Sterling wont be too difficult to replace but a Striker is not required.

A Central Defender to compete vs Sakho, Toure and Lovren as Lovren had a crap season last time and the less said about Skrtel the better - a liability IMO.

Firmino replaces Sterling in a 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1 formation and you're forgetting Ings, Ibe, Lallana, Markovic, Coutinho, Milner and Firmino can all play on the wings, wouldnt be surprised to see Origi playing on the wing as well, a position he played in his youth and loan spells a couple of times.

As for strikers, expect to see Borini and Lambert sold as last minute transfers by lower clubs who failed to get their prime targets - Lambert may even be part of a deal for Benteke or just go the other way once Villa get the price for Benteke, maybe even Balotelli too. Yesil more than likely loaned out.

Sturridge, Benteke, Origi and Ings as Liverpools 4 strikers sounds a lot better than what we had last season. So BR probably knows what he is doing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:52 Thu 16 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
With all the incomings so far it's obvious liverpool will sell balotelli if someone takes him, borini lambert etc etc.

an out and out striker is needed and i wouldn't say no to CB either to help out.

The team is looking better as all the front men can switch and play wide, central or up front so lots of choices now.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:07 Thu 16 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
5 days ago Liverpool getting Benteke was shrewd business, now it looks like it might happen and it isn't? you changed your tune.

Origi has great potential but had a terrible season last season so we can't rely on him to jump in straight away as a first XI striker. Ings also needs time because he isn't a big signing.

Sturridge is out injured until October so we aren't getting a full season with him again.

Balotelli said he is staying, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back ti Italy, Borini is supposed to be going and Lambert may well go or just be a sub striker to give us another option.

Markovic is a winger and forward/attacking midfielder but not a striker. Trail has just spent 2 years injured so he's not going to be demanding first team football every week either (maybe a loan could do him good).

Having said that, I don't think Benteke would fit in easily and it's a hefty figure to pay for a gamble like that. Fischer isn't near the level of what we want yet (and is a winger), Hamsik is a midfielder, Reus we might struggle to convince and I've not even heard of the other guy .

Would rather have Lacazette or someone more of that style.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
21:18 Thu 16 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Pablo Piatti - Argentinian player for Valencia mate - Very Good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Piatti

I can see Lacazette go PSG with Di Maria tbh - Benzema would be very good but i see a lot of talk about Solomon Rondon.
klien
klien
21:19 Thu 16 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Lacazette > Benteke > Different one (Higuain, Benzema etc.)

Benteke wouldn't be bad business as, lets face it, he is proven to be a top class scorer in the premier league but he doesnt suit Liverpool's football style exactly.

Lacazette suits Liverpool more but is unproven in Premier League, but he has the pace and strength to make his runs etc. so could be a good signing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:37 Thu 16 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Lacazette would be a class signing but i think he wants a CL team.
_huts24_
_huts24_
11:07 Fri 17 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Im delighted we sold him for that price agree not worth that , even tho Liverpool got 49m they will have to hand over 10m of it to QPR where sterling came from due to the 20% sale on clause.

But being a Liverpool fan for many years im glad of that amount of money for him , hes fast but his finishing is not so good and we can now bring in better players with that kind of money !
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Summer Transfer Window

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.