Boxing 2015!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
22:41 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Well finally it's all over, boxing is slowly resuming back to normal services now. The whole Mayweather vs Pacquiao experience has been epic from start to finish, but it's nice to have the sport back to a point where it's not just about two fighters, as there is a huge amount of talent to talk about outside of those two.

It's been a huge year so far, we've seen Mayweather vs Pacquiao, Provodnikov vs Matthysse, Garcia vs Peterson, Golovkin vs Murray, Kovalev vs Pascal, Thurman vs Guerrero. What other fights would you like to see this year to make it the biggest in boxing history?

HMU boxing fans all welcome :)
the__priest
the__priest
23:50 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Klitschko v Joshua
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
00:22 Mon 18 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Don King vs Apollo Creed
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
06:36 Mon 18 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Anthony Joshua vs David Price - just to shut him up
Amir Khan vs Kell Brook
Gennady Golovkin vs Canelo Alvarez
De Gale vs Groves (The 2nd Coming)
Matthew Macklin vs Andy Lee

After last nights impressive fight: Roman Gonzalez vs Naoya Inoue - that would be a brilliant fight.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
16:42 Mon 18 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Klitschko vs Fury
Broner vs Porter
Degale vs Groves
Lomachenko vs Walters
Golovkin vs Cotto/Golovkin vs Canelo/Cotto vs Canelo
Khan vs Brook
Kovalev vs Stevenson
Crawford vs Matthysse
Thurman vs Maidana/Thurman vs Bradley/Bradley vs Maidana
Pacquiao vs Thurman/Khan
Mayweather vs Thurman/Khan

A lot of great fights that could be made and all are fairly realistic for this year too!
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
16:42 Mon 18 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Don King vs Apollo Creed

Haha!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:51 Mon 18 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Beterbiev too, one to watch.

Not forgetting:
Luke Campbell vs Tommy Coyle
Manny Pacquiao vs Amir Khan.

Boxing has never been in a better shape with great opportunities and possible bouts in EVERY weight class.

letsgochamp
letsgochamp
22:26 Mon 18 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah he is I think Chilemba would be a good next fight for him, then maybe Pascal later on this year, then next year onto Hopkins, Kovalev and Stevenson haha.

Be interesting to see what Manny does now, think he could end up facing Khan if Mayweather chooses not to fight him, I'd prefer Mayweather vs Thurman tbh
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:42 Tue 19 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Guess he could end up fighting the winner between Timothy Bradley and Jessie Vargas?

Amir Khan cant be Mayweather's next opponent surely? September I think Mayweather said - Isn't Ramadan around that time or just before? He wont have a full training camp surely?

So that to me rules him out - Would be great if was Golovkin tbh. Maybe the Cotto naming is just a curveball lol.

Mayweathers next opponent has to be: Keith Thurman or Danny Garcia I reckon. (he can move up in weight then again maybe not he little tiny compared to Lamont Peterson).

Edited at 14:53 Tue 19/05/15 (BST)
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
11:37 Thu 21 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Guess he could end up fighting the winner between Timothy Bradley and Jessie Vargas?

Amir Khan cant be Mayweather's next opponent surely? September I think Mayweather said - Isn't Ramadan around that time or just before? He wont have a full training camp surely?

So that to me rules him out - Would be great if was Golovkin tbh. Maybe the Cotto naming is just a curveball lol.

Mayweathers next opponent has to be: Keith Thurman or Danny Garcia I reckon. (he can move up in weight then again maybe not he little tiny compared to Lamont Peterson).

Edited at 14:53 Tue 19/05/15 (BST)

Could happen doubt it though lol.

Yeah but I think Khan would give Ramadan a miss for a fight with Mayweather, I don't see it been an issue.

I think it's between Khan and Thurman, he'd be crazy taking the GGG fight lol. I hope it's Thurman I think that would be a good fight and he deserves a shot! I don't think he'll fight Cotto, although it is possible, and would make sense as it would give him a 6th title, but for some reason I just don't see them doing it again, far more fights out there that make more sense.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:29 Thu 21 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Froch v Golovkin

Is it possible
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
21:30 Thu 21 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Froch v Golovkin

Is it possible

Maybe, dunno what Froch's mindset is here lol, one minute he's apparently ducking Degale, next min he's talking about fighting the bloody Golov! Maybe he saw something in that Monroe fight lol, if he has I think he could be making a huge mistake. Interesting fight though
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:32 Thu 28 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Boxing Predictions for the weekends bouts @ the O2 Arena.

Kevin Mitchell to win
Kell Brook to win
Lee Selby to win on points
Anthony Joshua to win by TKO
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
16:48 Thu 28 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Good picks what about the Khan fight?
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
04:21 Fri 29 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
vs Algieri - I'm going to be controversial and go with his opponent lol (I think Khan's going to be too fixated on Kell Brook or Mayweather and underestimate his opponent) - same with Kevin Mitchell's fight just think Mitchell is in for a rough time.

Khan vs Algieri - Algieri to win
Kevin Mitchell vs Jorge Linares - Linares to win.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
13:27 Fri 29 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
vs Algieri - I'm going to be controversial and go with his opponent lol (I think Khan's going to be too fixated on Kell Brook or Mayweather and underestimate his opponent) - same with Kevin Mitchell's fight just think Mitchell is in for a rough time.

Khan vs Algieri - Algieri to win
Kevin Mitchell vs Jorge Linares - Linares to win.

Interesting lol, you could be right but this is his last chance to get a fight with Mayweather, I don't think he'll underestimate Algieri, he said so himself that he's not gonna underestimate him like he's underestimated opponents in the past.

I don't think Algieri is on this level tbh, he thinks he is but he's gonna get a shock when he gets in there with Khan. If he moves like he has done in previous fights he can make this fight a lot harder for Khan, but when they're both in range I fancy Khan to have the better success.

Like I said it's Khan's last chance to get a fight with Floyd so I think he's gonna try and make a statement. I fancy a more aggressive Khan, and I reckon he'll stop Algieri some time in the second half of the fight.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:25 Sat 30 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Khan wins on points: That's disappointing tbh, yes he dominated his opponent and fully deserved the win I would have thought a Knockout would have been the perfect statement. Now he wants Mayweather, I don't think he deserves that match. Let him fight Kell Brook then the winner takes on Mayweather I say.
the__priest
the__priest
17:00 Sat 30 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Khan wins on points: That's disappointing tbh, yes he dominated his opponent and fully deserved the win I would have thought a Knockout would have been the perfect statement. Now he wants Mayweather, I don't think he deserves that match. Let him fight Kell Brook then the winner takes on Mayweather I say.

how about he didn't go 100% so now he knows what he has in the tank, for his next fight, where he will have to dig v v deep, he cruised through the fight, never was a win in dispute

tonight's boxing has got to be a massive improvement to the rubbish a couple of weeks ago we had to endure
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:11 Sat 30 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Totally agree the James Degale evening was woeful, if thats the one you're on about?

Hoping the boxing tonight's brilliant and would be great to see AJ get hit then watch him get really angry and dismantle his opponent. Kevin Mitchell vs J.Linares, Linares is a very good boxer so he's my choice in this match. Lee Selby could struggle tonight too if he takes Gradovich lightly. Kell Brook I can see getting hit but he'll be too skillful for Frankie Gavin and more likely win on points.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
18:48 Sat 30 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Actually a really good fight, did not expect Algieri to come forward and apply pressure like he did, also he looked huge! No question Khan won but he looked very uncomfortable on the inside at times with Algieri's pressure.

Strange fight really, we had Khan who I would consider the banger with the more power of the two boxing, and Algieri who only has 8 KO's and was moving up to 147 for the first time in his career, appeared to be the puncher lol.

I'm not too crazy about a Mayweather fight after this tbh, I feel Khan was slightly exposed again, he showed no ability to fight on the inside, he didn't even try and counter or anything, he just blocked and backed out, and he was getting hit by the same right hand in every single round all night long!

I can pretty much guarantee after this that Mayweather would be the aggressor in that fight, he has the chin, defense, accuracy, timing and he controls distance very well. He'd stay on the inside and take away Khan's jab with that sharp accurate straight right, neutralize his speed with clinches and work the body, he'd probably go for the KO, weather he'd get it I don't know.

At this point I'd rather see Khan vs Pacquiao or Khan vs Garcia 2

Edited at 15:54 Sat 30/05/15 (BST)
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Boxing 2015!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.