Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
the__priest
the__priest
04:17 Wed 8 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
should be Joshua for me

Too early for Wlad I think, keep building him up and I think in a few years he'll be ready for that fight.

\Joshua defo has the power and anger
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
04:27 Wed 8 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Too early for AJ I feel BUT if he dismantles his next opponent then he'll need a massive fight so why not Wlad, before he retires lol.

the__priest
the__priest
13:08 Wed 8 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Too early for AJ I feel BUT if he dismantles his next opponent then he'll need a massive fight so why not Wlad, before he retires lol.

I truly believe he is ready, lets not hold him back anymore
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
06:31 Fri 10 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
AJ vs Dillian Whyte in Oct/Nov - Awesome - Whyte is know to be AJ's nemesis during the Amateurs.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
13:31 Fri 10 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
AJ vs Dillian Whyte in Oct/Nov - Awesome - Whyte is know to be AJ's nemesis during the Amateurs.

Yeah have you seen the vid of their fight?
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
13:36 Fri 10 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
No mate, Any good?

Just watched it mate, both were very erratic, AJ is completely different now. I fancy AJ to smash the opponent tbh. Even though the build up is gonna be 'explosive', these two really do hate each other with a passion.

Edited at 11:00 Fri 10/07/15 (BST)
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
13:49 Sat 11 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah it was ages ago and AJ is not the same fighter that he was back then, but that was also Dillian's first boxing match, AJ was 4-0 with 4 Ko's, so both have improved a lot in all fairness.

Don't write Whyte off though, he is still a top prospect, his career was set back when he got caught using banned substances, he's 14-0 with 11 KO's, the guy can definitely fight!

I think Whyte will definitely take AJ's invincibility status down a notch or two. He ain't gonna be intimidated like other opponents, the world sees AJ as some superhuman invincible specimen, but Whyte knows he is just a man, and the fact he's beat him before will give him a lot of confidence.

Interesting fight, I think we will definitely see AJ's chin tested in this one, Whyte is a good counter puncher.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
14:10 Wed 15 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Carl Froch officially retires, it's over, farewell, what a legend!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
14:20 Wed 15 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Definitely best way to go out with a quality knock out on George Groves in a packed out Wembley (80k fans). He couldn't have finished in any better style. Also no shame in only losing 2 fights to two quality fighters on Kesler (who he rematched and beat) & Andre Ward who is quality. Just ask Paul Smith.

Quality Boxer Carl Froch but his time was nearing an end, a fight vs Chavez Jnr is Las Vegas would have been good but there's no saying he would have won, same vs Degale.

Edited at 11:24 Wed 15/07/15 (BST)
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
21:20 Wed 15 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Definitely best way to go out with a quality knock out on George Groves in a packed out Wembley (80k fans). He couldn't have finished in any better style. Also no shame in only losing 2 fights to two quality fighters on Kesler (who he rematched and beat) & Andre Ward who is quality. Just ask Paul Smith.

Quality Boxer Carl Froch but his time was nearing an end, a fight vs Chavez Jnr is Las Vegas would have been good but there's no saying he would have won, same vs Degale.

Edited at 11:24 Wed 15/07/15 (BST)

Yeah what a punch to leave the sport on, that one will always be remembered.

I'm glad he decided to hang em up, was perfect time tbh, 38 years old now, not many can compete at the highest level at that age, but tbh you could visibly see he was slowing down in both the Groves fights, I just don't think he had that hunger he once had. I said he'd retire after the 2nd Groves fight.

The man simply had nothing left to prove, beat Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Abraham, Johnson, Bute, Kessler and Groves twice. He has one of the best resumes in boxing.

I think Degale would have been a good fight but Chavez Jr would have been taken apart, there's a reason Froch wanted to fight him lol, easy money.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:24 Sat 18 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
David Price knocked out Round 2 vs Erkan Teper, what a punch lol.

Think it's time David Price retired, thinks he can beat Anthony Joshua, I very much doubt it.

Hope Crolla wins tonight after the ordeal he's been through, not sure if Quigg can beat Kiko Martinez he seems too fixated on trying to outdo Carl Frampton. Will be a good match though, Quigg just to steal it but not emphatically.

_knightmare_
_knightmare_
05:13 Sun 19 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
What do I know lol - Quigg dismantled Martinez in Round 2 - KO

Anthony Crolla should have been crowned Champion - those 2 judges need their head examined. How can that be a draw...Crolla was robbed.

Not impressed with Tyrone Nurse tbh, average at best. Martin Murray was good but his opponent was jump a lump with minimal talent tbh.

Roll on August 1st Luke Campbell vs Tommy Coyle - Battle of the Humber - Hope Campbell Knocks him out.

Arthur Abraham - What a punch!!! Is that referee for real? Was gonna let it continue LOL.

Edited at 02:29 Sun 19/07/15 (BST)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:24 Sun 26 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
So Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemieux Oct 17th Maddison Square Gardens. Triple belt unification.

Kovalev still Undefeated knocking out Najib Mohammedi in Round 3, looks like could be a rematch vs Jean Pascal. Pascal winning vs Y.Gonzalez on points is a joke tbh as was Shumenov vs BJ Flores

Sone shocking decisions to go along with the Abysmal scoring for Anthony Crollas last fight.

Looking forward to seeing Golovkin vs Lemieux shoukd be another cracking fight.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
01:55 Mon 27 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
So Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemieux Oct 17th Maddison Square Gardens. Triple belt unification.

Kovalev still Undefeated knocking out Najib Mohammedi in Round 3, looks like could be a rematch vs Jean Pascal. Pascal winning vs Y.Gonzalez on points is a joke tbh as was Shumenov vs BJ Flores

Sone shocking decisions to go along with the Abysmal scoring for Anthony Crollas last fight.

Looking forward to seeing Golovkin vs Lemieux shoukd be another cracking fight.

Yeah saw the Kovalev fight he was always gonna win tbh, talks of fighting Ward sometime in the future too! That would be awesome.

I didn't think the Pascal decision was too bad tbh it was a very close fight. Gonzalez was throwing a lot and coming forward but he missed loads, Pascal landed the better cleaner punches I feel, but his work rate wasn't always that great, I feel a draw would have been a fair decision, would love to see a rematch.

I never saw the Shumanov fight, isn't he at CW now?

And yeah GGG vs Lemieux can't wait for this gonna be a big test for GGG fighting another hard hitter like himself. I still think GGG will do it probably early too.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
02:14 Mon 27 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah Cruiser Weight mate - was a vacant belt.

I still think Golovkin will win vs Lemieux - might be his strongest test though.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
01:34 Wed 5 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Floyd Mayweather to fight Andre Berto on September 12th PPV - LOL
chezz
chezz
13:52 Wed 5 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
And groves to beat Badou Jack on the undercard

Will definitely be a better match that money vs berto
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:15 Wed 5 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh yeah definitely mate, I think Mayweathers taken the easy route just so he can match Rocky Marciano' record. Thurman should have been given the opportunity or even a rematch vs Pacquiao as the last matches scores were farcical.

Making the vs Berto match PPV again will not generate as much interest as did vs Pacquiao so just proves he's worried about losing and still wants easy money. Lost a lot of respect for him now, bad move I feel. If it is his Final fight then he should have gone out with a special win or against the next fighter to carry on his mantle and legacy.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
23:49 Wed 5 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
YEAH IT'S BEEN ANNOUNCED, FLOYD TO FIGHT BERTO EVERYBODY, GIMMIE HIGH FIVE, COME ON!...

Come on, don't leave me hanging...

Not a spectacular fight tbf, but come on he's been fighting world champs and elite level fighters one after the others for years, and he's 38 years old ffs! If he wants ONE easy tune up fight to his 50th and final fight then I can't begrudge him that. I'm not gonna lose my shizz over it haha.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
01:25 Thu 6 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL - I see Amir Khan's called him a chicken and accused him of being scared tonight - ermmmm, says Khan who's afraid of taking on Kell Brook LOL
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Boxing 2015!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.