the__priest
the__priest
23:10 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
here is one to chuck in regards premium

and maybe an answer from admin would be appreciated
quick to edit posts and delete threads, maybe answer this one

how come non-paying players get the luxury of becoming
moderators over paying members

where is the logic, or is it a closed shop, like a gentleman's club, I don't see many women moderators do you

why shouldn't paying members not have a say in who would make moderators

a paying members room would be good
put a list up of who has applied and who the paying members would like to see made into a mod, instead of this closed shop mentality, because this wouldn't be tolerated in any other walk of life

how many active and I say active female moderators do we have on funkypool
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
23:23 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  

where is the logic, or is it a closed shop, like a gentleman's club, I don't see many women moderators do you

put a list up of who has applied and who the paying members would like to see made into a mod, instead of this closed shop mentality, because this wouldn't be tolerated in any other walk of life

Got to agree with craig here, seen as hes paid a tenner, he should have the right to ban anyone who disagrees with his ludicrous posts and ideas
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:57 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Craig as i said on another thread, paying £10 makes up nicks loss on adverts, if someone uses software to block them, nick loses out on the tenner per person.

On Youtube a guy who does Pokemon Remixes says to his subscribers, don't use the software on his remixes as he loses out on money which he needs to do them.

So because of this Admin dislike the use of that software as nick then has to fund his own money to support the site.

Paying members don't have any say so more than us Non-Cashiers who choose not to pay, same revenue either way for nick so it doesn't matter if you pay or not
the__priest
the__priest
00:11 Mon 18 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Craig as i said on another thread, paying £10 makes up nicks loss on adverts, if someone uses software to block them, nick loses out on the tenner per person.

On Youtube a guy who does Pokemon Remixes says to his subscribers, don't use the software on his remixes as he loses out on money which he needs to do them.

So because of this Admin dislike the use of that software as nick then has to fund his own money to support the site.

Paying members don't have any say so more than us Non-Cashiers who choose not to pay, same revenue either way for nick so it doesn't matter if you pay or not

what does this have to with my post regards mods and an input from premium members
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:22 Mon 18 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I have a season ticket for the football team I support. I have no say in who runs the club, who is the manager and who plays each week.

I pay each month for a gym. I have no say in who supervises the gym at any point.

I pay each month for sky. I have no say in what movies they decide to show, what TV programmes they purchase and what times they show them at.

I pay my income tax every month, I have no say in who runs the government, how much they take from me and what they spend it on.

I pay council tax every month..etc...

I pay a mortgage.....etc...

I pay for spotify.....etc...

I pay for Netflix....etc.....

I could go on but yeah your right we wouldn't put up with not having a complete say in how things are run in any walk of life.......

You are so special.
baff
baff
Admin
00:50 Mon 18 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  

I will answer you with pleasure, Craig.

1 - being a member of staff isn't a "luxury", as you call it. It is, though, often time-consuming (especially when dealing with the various complaints we receive, moderating the forums due to countless petty arguments ....).
It is something that has always been done free of charge, in order to help the site and, in many cases, to simply give something back.
I would be interested to know how many things you do for nothing, which you consider a "luxury".

2 - Premium membership has absolutely nothing to do with improving your chances (or anyone else's) of becoming a moderator. Likewise, it doesn't protect you from being banned either (as some have found out).

3 - Why are there so few female members of staff (I'll answer this in general, rather than specifically with regards to "active" ones)?
Quite simply, because:
a) very few apply, and
b) out of the odd applications received, very few have been considered suitable.

There is no differentiation in the criteria we use.

4) Just curious... but do you know how many active female members there are currently on the site...? Out of those, how many would be tempted to apply...? Feel free to encourage them, if you think they may be suitable.

5) "Closed shop mentality"
As in many walks of life, some people are more suitable to be in positions of responsibility than others. Most of us have seen people in various jobs during our careers, and have thought that he / she was not suitable for that position.
Some people simply would never want to apply.

If we ever were to post such a list, and let Premium members decide who to make staff, what would be your criteria for accepting / declining someone...?
It won't happen, just to reassure you, but your thoughts may help us reconsider the way we handle applications.
the__priest
the__priest
00:54 Mon 18 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  

would you please cap the thread now baff and thank you
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:55 Mon 18 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Ahahaha I'm to scared to say what I think? Nice edit.
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
02:35 Mon 18 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
lol ive tried and failed lol here and snooker they hate meee
hahahaha
hahahaha
13:30 Mon 18 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Lol the luxury of becoming a mod, would it be your dream job? The only reason you mention about there not been many female mods is because you can't come to terms with the fact that your misses got turned down. It's common sense that admin are not going to have the risk of knowing that someone like yourself could have access to a mods account, I think that's the only thing that's stopping her tbh.

jooodles, mels, lorrie, ruby have all been mods, there was also a female that was an admin before and no doubt there's more, is there even many more females on here and who are interested in been a mod?
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premium Members

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.