Premier League 2015 / 2016 Season

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15051
immortal
immortal
20:52 Sat 16 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I think Big Sam will be more of a step back for England rather than Forward. Although i think he would bring a more attacking mindset to the England squad.

Fellaini really is not worth the money for anyone, dirtiest player right now in the Prem and i do not see that changing at all. More than that i just think he sucks so much. Must be his hair Saying that though he could be more useless at Sunderland rather than United... He is not good enough for United but would do well at a club that plays some what at a smaller level like a Sunderland and a few other teams. By lesser level team i meant a second half table team. or low first half table.
the__priest
the__priest
22:14 Sat 16 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
nice explanation

im sure United aren't in the champions league this season

Big Sam a step back for England
hmmmm compared to who

answers on post card
which of the last 8 managers are you comparing him with

hmmmmmm must be McClaren

as for Sam making England more attack minded
I hope that's all the FA think to

lets not include his togetherness, team spirit, organisation, just cos you have a name doesn't make you play attitude,
worked with some of the best players around.

and his main positive, one of the first managers to work constantly on their performance and every upto date gismo
to ensure it

their is no pulling the wool over his eyes

lets hope he doesn't go
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
14:15 Sun 17 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
A manager with a good record, who won't promise attacking football and deliver nothing in particular.

After a season of old school style beating the possession game, I'd be quite happy with a manager who will organise our shambolic leaderless defence.

Even if it's route one, it's got to be better than the last two tournaments finishing bottom of the group and scraping through in second of what turned out to be the easiest group (with the way all three teams lined up against us it should've been 3 wins).

In recent times we've missed a direct approach, I'm more than happy to try a tradition English hard hitting no nonsense approach. However, I think Big Sam would adapt his approach for England so it's not just the hit it up to the big man style he sometimes delivers. Craig would know best what he produces week in week out, if he is worried about him leaving then I am happy if we get him.
sorry Craig!

The last two English managers have been cop outs from the FA. Unwilling to pay out for the big names in favour of cheaper alternatives (or so it feels like) with less than favourable reputations and fulling fulfilling the disappointment promised.

Even Wenger I'd be happy with. Though the style of England at times is similar to Arsenal's wanting to pass the ball in the net, I think he could still deliver some success like he does with Arsenal year in year out. I'd be happy to get knocked out in the semis if that's what happens every tournament with him (always so close, yet so far with Arsenal).

I think the FA will cheap out again, but with Big Sam they're actually getting a decent manager for once. Fingers crossed they don't look for a cheaper alternative to him.

Rant over.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:14 Tue 19 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Pogba to United....oooo yes please, he could be the missing piece to the jigsaw we've missed since Scholes and Keano retired. Imagine a Midfield like this feeding Ibrahimovic key passes etc...WOW!!!

Martial ------ Rooney ------- Mkhitaryan

---------- Pogba ------- Schneiderlein ----

Awesome!!! I'd play Pogba in Rooney place (No 10 position) and drop him to the bench. Pereira played and looked very comfortable vs Wigan in a number 8 role.

Exciting Times
immortal
immortal
17:37 Tue 19 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
If Rooney was to go anywhere to give Pogba his place then Rooney would be up front with Ibra in my opinion. That would be some strike force. Any other time it has been Rooney up front by himself when he has been played there which has never worked as Rooney is used to a partnership and feeding off that.

I honestly think if Rooney and Ibra do both play up front that we could see a serious threat from United in regards to the league win or at least top four easily.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:09 Tue 19 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
An over the hill Rooney and a striker with more ego than skill (undoubtedly a good player, but believes himself to be better than he is). I certainly think they will both score but I think they should rely more on Martial who is head and shoulders above the other two. Look at the euros, Rooney was dropped deep because he had no chance of a strikers role realistically and Ibra was as much a flop as Sweden. Martial didn't make a starting place but that's because the French have a lot of talent up top and he is just too untested to oust Greizmann (who he would be fighting for a place with).

If United do things the Jose way they'll be building a team around a rock solid defence. Ibra is untested in the prem, though he should be able to cope with the league. Europa League travels will hurt United, I don't see them winning the league. But there's so much coming in that it's hard to predict finishing places. Certainly nothing should be easy, top 4 places should be harder than ever. I'd expect 7-8 teams will be playing for them.

Unfortunately I think Leicester will be losing a few too many players to challenge for the title. I think comfortable mid table for them with second season syndrome.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:52 Tue 19 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I think Leicester might really struggle this next season, they could even be fighting a relegation battle. Losing key players such as Kante even though N.Mendy is a very good player will hit them hard and I can see Mahrez joining Arsenal. Julian Draxler is just a smokescreen to cover that eventuality.

Leicester will have the Champions League but won't advance through their group stage IMO, they will try and play the exact same way as they did last season and with more tactical managers at many clubs they will come unstuck.

I think the Top 4 will be the closest title race ever to grace our league and I think Chelsea could be the ones who finish 1st with United just behind. I really rate their new striker Michy Batshuayi and think he could be prolific for them next season.

Obviously I'd love United to win the league tho, In Mourinho we Trust.
Pages: 15051
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2015 / 2016 Season

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.