Top Captains

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:17 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Dole queue is 2nd door on the left down the corridor lol Best times are 9am on a Monday where you'll be around the most mild, calm, content, well mannered people lol.

so how do u survive?

being a carer as u say...uv no time to work right...it's easy to know the directions to the Dole queue.....
klien
klien
04:32 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Captain-wise.. I found my short stay at Unbeatables under poolbiird (Ang) to be one of the most enjoyable. For me, she was one of the best captains.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
07:09 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Dole queue is 2nd door on the left down the corridor lol Best times are 9am on a Monday where you'll be around the most mild, calm, content, well mannered people lol.

so how do u survive?

being a carer as u say...uv no time to work right...it's easy to know the directions to the Dole queue.....

You know what: You aren't even worth a reply.
erigert
erigert
16:14 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  

so how do u survive?

You know what: You aren't even worth a reply.

You still gave him a reply lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:11 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
punkpoet
horse10000
thegame26

3 very good captains. tough choice as they all have done things differently but in a good way.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:04 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
buckjam - 1st
thegame26 - 2nd
turtle1560 - 3rd

buckjam - he keeps a team running very well, has a lot of inactive players but still manages to get all matches played. Another no nonsense approach and is direct yet still stern and determined to take no crap.

thegame26 - he learnt from the best (me -pmsl), nah his no nonsense approach is good and does sub himself in a lot to get matches played. I will follow suit when have more time and patience.

Turtle - as he just gets on with it and manages to juggle running the team and keeping a very high standard in his matches.

So out of the 3 buckjam IMO is the Best Captain on site atm.
punkpoet
punkpoet
18:49 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Buckjam? Tbh one of the reasons the SL games haven't been released is cause FPD haven't put a list in... Not great.

In no particular order.
Turtle
Erigert/faust
And.... Myself tbh.

Uprising and pds have gone for 10 seasons... No other clan has been active this long.
Ad turtle and the other ubs caps and vcaps are really good a getting games sorted.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:54 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL - 3rd - you reckon - why? coz of 10 seasons - whoopy doo - still act as if it's your first.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:58 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
sounds like someone else i know

maybe zac can take things too serious at times but he must be doing something right to run for this long, just like Uprising and MVP back in the day

EDIT: Before Ash's edit
erigert
erigert
18:59 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL - 3rd - you reckon - why? coz of 10 seasons - whoopy doo - still act as if it's your first.

He still got less defaults in 10 seasons then u got in this season lmao.

So yeah hes better then you.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:02 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Where did I say he wasn't?

Edited by forum moderator zantetsukenz, at 16:26 Mon 01/06/15 (BST)
punkpoet
punkpoet
19:34 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Ashley ashley why the hostility?
I said me due to my longivity. Low defaults and the fact that alot of my players have stayed multiple seasons.
How do i act as if im in my first season?

I didnt say you as you folded midseason and start to many arguements and then play the victim. Though you have improved this season. But you are not in my top 3.
As youd say thats my opinion ;) And judging by the comments above 1 people share.
kris
kris
19:35 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
id say faust ...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:50 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
punkpoet
horse10000
thegame26

3 very good captains. tough choice as they all have done things differently but in a good way.
so now its 4.
got to edit......

i forgot faust! what a job he done to build his team from scratch and just being in a league to becoming champions of all of them ...deserves a good mention.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
22:25 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Zac deffo deserves to be up there. Ash you think its a god given right that your name should be there, hence why you challenge every post. News Flash: You're an abysmal captain, you've never been there to pull your team out the crap with a last ditch result, you just constantly sub yourself into and then out of games.

You're probably a worse captain than I am LOL
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:29 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
ive only played under 4

cke,, was half decent but didnt understand that i worked shifts hence why i got threw out when i was off for 6 days due to work

zac,, good captain,,understands and accommodates that ya need to work and will swap ya in order to get ya games done

lee,, good captain also but doesnt comment when ya get beat

ash..good captain no matter how you do win lose draw,,its a team effort,,, and has the ability to still sign the top players and spot there abilities from a newbie,,,but again still gets the players even when ppl are on his case so he must be doing something right

currently kris,,,hmmm what can i say,,,tbc,,,lol
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
23:15 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
One: I have never said - (show me on this thread) where I should be considered for this??? Careful jumping to conclusions again, you ain't that creative.

Two: Keep the abuse coming, show me how really clever you are

Three: Used to the abuse now been happening for ages I'm more thick skinned than you think

Oh I must be such a naff Captain - see the players on the team list - I signed/got them aboard EVERY single one of them and IF I hear faust started his team from scratch again...guess what...we all did! Do you think teams are just passed on to us.? LOL

Do i think I deserve to be on the list - NOPE not at all - I wouldn't want to be associated with a bunch of people who are so stuck to each other even surgery is not an option. SO I'll continue to do things my way and IF means continuing to bring the best out of my players then I'm happy.

Edited at 20:19 Mon 01/06/15 (BST)
punkpoet
punkpoet
23:21 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
One: I have never said - (show me on this thread) where I should be considered for this??? Careful jumping to conclusions again, you ain't that creative.

Two: Keep the abuse coming, show me how really clever you are

Three: Used to the abuse now been happening for ages I'm more thick skinned than you think

Oh I must be such a naff Captain - see the players on the team list - I signed/got them aboard EVERY single one of them and IF I hear faust started his team from scratch again...guess what...we all did! Do you think teams are just passed on to us.? LOL

Abuse? you're the one who started at me which led for your comments to be removed (I didn't see what was said).
Also your attitude and how you have reacted on this thread shows you want people to say you're the best...
Personally i don't mind but welcome positive comments and even constructive criticism, which as you see above you said i run a clan like im in my first season but no reply when I questioned you about it
Oh well.
ummagumma
ummagumma
23:54 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Anyone taking the time to participate in the clan arena at a captains level deserves respect. You're putting in your own time to make something enjoyable for others in the team and as a whole.

RESPECT!!!!!

This song seems to fit well when you read the lyrics as well as listening to them. Replace LOVE with POOL

Hippyish I know, but you're all great lads and it's hard to see you ripping into each other daily. So back on topic.....You're all the best captains!
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:51 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Well said, there's enough of the rubbish on other threads.

I would answer this by starting with what makes a bad captain. Instances of bad captaincy I've seen over the years (not aimed at any individual):
- A lack of communication with players, opponents and runners.
- A confrontational personality when dealing with other clans and players.
- Putting there own clan above getting the game played.
- An inability to obtain an active set of players over time, or to be able to recruit players to replace lost players.
- Not acting on a game that needs a sub or swap until too late because the act was not reciprocated previously by the opponents.
- Folding a clan partway through the season or leaving a clan as a captain without putting measures in place to secure it's survival.

Therefore, I would say a good captain is the opposite: laid back in personality, easy to communicate with, able to put the game before their clan and make necessary subs regardless of whether the opponent would do the same and able to build up an active group of players who can act even in the captains absense and stand the test of time. Though there are more things I would say too.

A few examples of this: Keith/Alan from MVP (dominated for an age and were the clan to beat), im_crap_adam/turtle1560/Fran and the other UB captains (been a fair few but they went from rock bottom to right by the top now, not quite managed a proper title battle yet), faust and the Uprising
guys (started from a few guys playing killer and now are the ones rivalling Pros, Ritchie and the pros guys (took over the mantle of MVP, and not been below the top since starting, Zac (took over a clan then made it his own, will always put getting a game played before the tactical reasons so will never harm the chances of a game being played).

Just a few, I think those are the top captains. Every captain now is a good captain, but the rest have some flaws which stop them being top captains in my eyes.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Top Captains

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.