Promote Funkypool

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:32 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
This site is always empty and its far better than any other internet pool sites which draw many many more users, i know not much is done as far as advertising funkypool but all of us have potential to be adverts, tell a friend, post on youtube comments, some good players could upload some good frames cant we do something?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:36 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The owner has no involvement anymore..hense it's downward spiral.
ummagumma
ummagumma
03:55 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It's like you said, totally down to the members (as it stands in regards to advertising) to create a buzz and to concentrate on keeping present those already here as well as any new comers entering the game.

It's an awesome site with loads of great people and definitely has that 'you don't know what you're missing' appeal. I'll be making the odd forum post here and there (On other sites) in the hope of generating a few numbers because i honestly believe if you do eventually get playing it's a no-brainer that you'll return, One thing stopping this happening though is the lack of games available to guests when trialling the game. I honestly believe if guest chat was reintroduced solely in the guest lobby it would benefit the site in that guests would have an avenue to request a game and wouldn't feel immediately shut off. This wouldn't affect the main chat room at all and would also make it possible for existing members to enter the guest lobby to promote the many privileges of membership.

I wouldn't write off a resurgence any time soon
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:05 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Java

will affect alot of newbies!!

they won't join when they have to go through so much hassle to play a game.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:23 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I do try by sharing achievements to facebook but feel its not enough
ummagumma
ummagumma
20:48 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It may not be deemed a lot in the grand scheme of things James, but some of your friends may see the result and become inquisitive - Next thing we have 10 new members.

Java

will affect alot of newbies!!

they won't join when they have to go through so much hassle to play a game.

Agreed this is large hurdle to anyone sitting indoors looking for a quick game of pool. IF they manage to navigate to this site the time spent here will be minimal before moving on to the next search result if they're simply greeted with a black screen etc.

On a positive note things can only get better, can't they? I for one believe they can!
achpfsk
achpfsk
20:54 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'll post on a large forum about it shortly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:02 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If someone can sort me out with some free capture software i'd be more than happy to bang in some cents at Straight or film a tournament or something xD Stick it on youtube and everyone can marvel at my mad skillz
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
21:12 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I can do the funkypool weekly news on youtube haha
achpfsk
achpfsk
21:27 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I posted this.

Funky pool.

Does anyone play this on here?

It's a great pool site with clans and tournaments. It does all the major games, 8us, 9us, 8uk, killer and straight plus it has a few arcade pool games for the noobs, lol.

If anyone fancies a few frames just give me a shout. My username is achpfsk.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:41 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If someone can sort me out with some free capture software i'd be more than happy to bang in some cents at Straight or film a tournament or something xD Stick it on youtube and everyone can marvel at my mad skillz

Lots of free ones (hypercam etc) but finding one what doesn't lag is the problem, i had one called Camtasia but can't find the disk. Most lag free ones aren't free but ways around them
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:54 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The alternative is to have a third party record it shouldn't really lag then, so you can still smash out your achievements!
ummagumma
ummagumma
23:03 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Good idea ^^^

I posted this.

Funky pool.

Does anyone play this on here?

It's a great pool site with clans and tournaments. It does all the major games, 8us, 9us, 8uk, killer and straight plus it has a few arcade pool games for the noobs, lol.

If anyone fancies a few frames just give me a shout. My username is achpfsk.

Nice one.

I just posted one with the potential for a few thousands views.

The journey begins.
punkpoet
punkpoet
00:16 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Book it !!!
ummagumma
ummagumma
22:14 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Book it !!!

Where do I subscribe champ

Anyone thought about starting an unofficial newsletter thread? Pick a member for an interview each month and perhaps a member of the staff team. Throw in a few classic threads for good measure, a small history of the site and we've got something interesting to read! They were always enjoyable in the past.

I've started sending the odd message in an effort to get some players back on the game, even if only for a few racks here and there.
punkpoet
punkpoet
22:14 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Book it !!!

Where do I subscribe champ

Anyone thought about starting an unofficial newsletter thread? Pick a member for an interview each month and perhaps a member of the staff team. Throw in a few classic threads for good measure, a small history of the site and we've got something interesting to read! They were always enjoyable in the past.

I've started sending the odd message in an effort to get some players back on the game, even if only for a few games here and there.

I think dgen did something like that a while ago?
ummagumma
ummagumma
22:40 Mon 1 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Can you link me mate?

I found this from Stueyy from a while back, seemed to be well on the ball.

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/17981/the-new-funkypool-newsletter/1
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:01 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah was Stueyy and flapjack, i did a Snooker Version.

flapjack is trying to get the official one running but seems to be harder than i thought, offered my services if he does though
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
00:11 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Hello, seems like you lot are bursting with ideas at the moment! Good idea about getting the newsletter running again, was a fun read I will talk with flap (he's very busy at the moment) but I will be happy to get this started again with the help of you guys! Will keep you posted
foxhound
foxhound
00:47 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Agreed, it's nice to see somebody with some enthusiasm and ideas to try and drag the site off it's backside. Hats off to you ummagumma, whoever you are!
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Promote Funkypool

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.