Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
ummagumma
ummagumma
16:50 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Cheers man!

I'm just like everybody else in that i love Funkypool <Insert heart smiley> and want to see a resurgence in numbers/popularity.

Fingers crossed.

Anyway, added a questionnaire if anybody wants to take 10 minutes to participate. There may have been something similar in the past, but members come and go and it should be a laugh

Edit: Questionnaire found here http://www.funkypool.com/thread/20118/membership-questionnaire

Edited at 13:58 Tue 02/06/15 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:04 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If anyone has a spare $50 we could always get a celebrity to record a promo video and stick it on YouTube
the__priest
the__priest
12:40 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
nice very nice
anything I can do help feel free to ask

the__priest
the__priest
12:41 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
can a chain formula work

message your friends and ask them to send it on etc etc

idea ????????
foxhound
foxhound
17:54 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
15. Lastly, if you could have one single idea implemented to Funkypool what would it be?

Shock this to anybody that knows me....Doubles/Play for cash!
But the site has fallen into disrepair sadly...There are plenty of more important little touches that should be in front of that in the queue....I hope to one day win the Lotto, buy this site from Nick and give it the attention it deserves....It would turn a big profit in no time with the right marketing!

Brought this over here to not clog up the questionnaire page

Play for cash would be interesting. Not sure whether people would want to have their bank details stored on a site that has apparently been hacked a few times before though....Could be like the 'Zynga' games on facebook. I used to play the Poker one and there's millions of people who play it. You start off with so many chips (or in this case, dollars/pounds) and you try and work your way to as much as you can. If you run out, you could buy more.

Maybe start out with FP$1000 and if you run out, you could buy another FP$1000 for say, £5. This gives another potential cash flow for the site to pay for more advertising?But you can only buy if you run out (instead of being able to buy millions of chips for £50 odd and being able to buy as many as you want as often as you!)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:04 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Playing for money will kill this site even more, how can a FREE site apart from the membership subscription fee incorporate the aspect to gamble? Surely there have to be gambling laws introduced, licences, etc. No point whatsoever.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:05 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounds good Foxy but Killer Pool was tried but Cash never got tried i don't think. Only thing i would say is while limiting the amount you can buy is good and fair for everyone, if you could buy more then nick could be rich quicker

Once on World of Tanks on PC they brought out a nearly indestructible Tier X Tank called Maus and was worth £70, guys still bought it. Guys pay £10-20 a month i believe for Premium Time which is only 30 days (some guys gets a years worth for around £35) and Tanks they bring out can range from £5 to £35 and people still buy them. And on Angels guys spend even more just to win a competition (dam Americans ).

Personally, i wouldn't pay for a free game, only times i have is Call of Duty DLC years ago and sometimes may spend £5-10 to get some more Garage Slots on Tanks (3 for £10 normally, sometimes have an offer on though like 10 for £15)

But yeah question would be Fair or Rich.
foxhound
foxhound
18:06 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It's not real money you're playing for....it's virtual money. And paying £5 for some more is not really any different to paying for premium membership.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:21 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm not sure on it with being a free site, that's all. I do think that members should have access to say 2 other tables (PRO). Create an added incentive to purchase the membership subscription, maybe a pinball with a funkypool concept too just whilst waiting for a game or tournament match.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:06 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm not sure on it with being a free site, that's all. I do think that members should have access to say 2 other tables (PRO). Create an added incentive to purchase the membership subscription, maybe a pinball with a funkypool concept too just whilst waiting for a game or tournament match.

Not the worst idea.

The whole point is that there is no value in paying for premium when;

A - There are no real additional benefits bar no adverts (which I would wager the high majority don't have anyway as a result of adblocker)

B - There is no development currently for the site. It's actually advertised as part of the premium package (to aid further development) which even goes against the trades description act.

Ah well.
ummagumma
ummagumma
20:42 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Interesting point on B.

Nick can come and go as he pleases if you read the small print. As long as it's not a contracted statement to retire from further advancements and upgrades he's all good. 100% missing the trick on the premium though. Premium forum and premium only chat room spring to mind. I think the premium chat room alone would pull in a good few.

It's kind of worrying he's not making an appearance with the current java difficulties for sure, but knowing Nick he'll pop up like a jack in the box with some trusty advice and pointers at some point. Either that or he's possibly been aware for a long time though java forums and industry information that big problems lay ahead for java/browser based titles.

I'm keeping the faith
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:53 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
was mentioning to a friend on Facebook, where nick could give Premium Cards out for players who log in on a regular basis (nothing major just 3-7 days), which would be monthly (could also use Premium Cards as winner of special events and could Gift it to a friend).

For example:
Premium Card (7 days) << use to get 7 days Premium

and also a Trial Card for first time you register...
Premium Trial Card (3 days) << use to get 3 days Premium

on Angels we get in game rewards for checking in 3,5,10,15,20 and Max, and i its always an incentive for me to log on each day and claim the reward. Seems little but a Premium Card for loyal members could be enough to ensure they may stay.

On Funky at the moment except for Friends, an hour on Mini Golf and Clan League i have nothing much to log in for.

Could also offer smaller prices for Premium Membership, wouldn't be incentive for me but for others it may sway them.

365 days - £9.99
180 days - £5.99
90 days - £3.99
60 days - £2.99
30 days - £1.99
14 days - £0.99
7 days - £0.49
3 days - £0.29
1 day - £0.09

something like that?

Also you can buy in game items using Diamonds, Nick could do Cues, Cloth Colour, Cloth Designs, Cushion decoration and other things. If that was a chance then could use real money to buy Diamonds or whatever virtual currency you use and can use that currency for Premium also.

Nice idea but wouldn't ever happen, heres hoping though.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:31 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
another idea is to add a Ranking Bonus to Premium Membership (e.g. 25% Ranking Bonus - would be 50% but seems a lot if you win more than 10 points).

e.g. Normal match lets say Zante (Premium) beats Seb and gets 4 points (Seb loses 3.5) then because Zante is premium the 25% bonus activates so its actually 5 points.

Would be double for tournament.

e.g. Normal match lets say Seb beats Zante (Premium) and gets 6 points (zante say loses 8) then because Zante is premium the 25% bonus activates so he loses less points its actually 6 points as 2 point bonus has protected Zante.

Would be double for tournament.

If both is Premium then it applies to both players and the same applies in Killer also.

Could be another incentive for some
poolbiird
poolbiird
23:54 Sat 13 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Is there a way an "invite friends" option could be added to the facebook page? Do other admin even have access to the funkypool facebook game? Or is it just Nick? I think that could bring a few members in.

If your not looking for an online pool game then your not likely to try it, but if you've been sent an invite then maybe you will. It would be as simple as clicking the invitation and the game would open almost instantly. People are lazy and dont like having to sign up to things just for a quick game.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Promote Funkypool

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.