Micro Tournament Game Breaker

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

ummagumma
ummagumma
19:11 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
There is just over a 5 minute time limit in games, which is absolutely fine, unless your opponent happens to be one of those experiencing issues due to the current java/browser compatibility.

I'm finding this an awful lot in game, basically I'll click start and my opponent will take 2-3 minutes to register their acceptance (No time out 90 secs) and then the game begins. As it stands i patiently wait in the room for the start in ranked or friendly games because I'm fully aware it's a frustrating issue for them, but in the tournaments it's a completely different matter. I just finished a micro final resulting in a double DQ due to the issue mentioned above. The game started 30 seconds after the 3 minute remaining announcement, leaving roughly 2 minutes 30 seconds to complete a rack of (Random) 8 Ball Billiards.

I honestly don't see much point in entering the tournaments if this isn't fixed seeing as the only other option would be to make a list of players with the issue and possibly avoid any tournaments they may participate in.

Admin, is there any chance at all you could kindly extend the limit on at least the micro games until people come around to the fix? I believe 2 minutes extra would be a compromise to bypass this being an outstanding issue and would act as a sponge for the eaten up time without affecting the speed of a new round beginning for other participants.

Thank you.
ummagumma
ummagumma
20:30 Sun 31 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Just wanted to add a helpful link in case any of the aforementioned members stumble here.

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/20074/java-issue-google-chrome/1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Micro Tournament Game Breaker

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.