Membership Questionnaire

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
ummagumma
ummagumma
16:57 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Questionnaire after discussion on the promotion thread: http://www.funkypool.com/thread/20114/promote-funkypool

It's just for fun and we'll get some history logged at the same time

15 questions, so you may want to make two posts depending on the length of your replies. You can either paste the questions or answer them by number.

1. When and how did you find Funkypool?

2. Do you remember your first significant Funkypool achievement?

3. Which game type is your favorite and why?

4. Would you consider yourself a rank, tournament, clan or anything goes type of player?

5. Where do you stand on resetting?

6. If you could pass on 'one' single tip what would it be?

7. Do you play pool in real life?

8. What's your worst habit whilst playing funkypool?

9. Which table baize colour do you use?

10. Which is your preferred cursor?

11. Do you have a bogey player?

12. Can you name 3 members you respect and the reasons why?

13. Where do you see Funkypool in 10 years time?

14. Which country on average produces the best Funkypool players?

15. Lastly, if you could have one single idea implemented to Funkypool what would it be?
punkpoet
punkpoet
18:01 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1. 7 years, whilst googling pool games.

2. Winning 4 staight tourneys back to back

3. Str8 and i dont know tbh.

4. I like tourneys but do like a good clan game, just not the crap that goes with it.

5. Dont like resetting at all.

6. Dont join clans.

7. I used to alot, now its now and then, did play the other day but sucked lol.

8. Asking people why they havent said gl lol.

9. Blue.

10. Cursor?

11. Hmmm i struggle against crappy adam, maybe turtle.

12. Hippesville, im_crap_adam, as they always carry there selves well rarely argue, and ang3l as shes a very good friend.

13. Think it will be down, or have even less players.

14. England maybe? Sebs from germany, as is mike whos pretty good so maybe Germany.

15. Id make it so aiming aids are impossible, but doubtful. Also think it needs to be promoted better.
ummagumma
ummagumma
18:15 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1. I found the site after doing a google search back in 2005 for an online pool game. I had inadvertently played on the previous site poolgame, although briefly.

2. The first time i won a tournament. It was a hard task back then. I'm not taking anything away from tournaments these days, but back then is wasn't unknown to get 100+ entries on a regular basis and plus 50's most of the evening time.

3. I was a UK player for a long time. Still love UK, but i find 9 ball to be the best game for a technical player and a lot of fun. I like the unpredictable factor as well.

4. I consider myself a rank player. By that i mean meeting players in room to play as opposed to tournaments. It's more relaxing to me and I've met a lot of good people this way.

5. I don't particularly agree with resetting, but i understand the reasons it was implemented and i also understand why some players use the feature.

6. I remember somebody saying don't play the player, play the table. Great advice if you can pull it off without your heartbeat ringing in your ears LOL.

7. I do, but not for a while. I'm hot and cold when i do.

8. Starting games or entering a tournament when i know something more important in real life might be incoming!

9. I was a green man for a long time, but now i only use the light blueish baize. I find you can see the outline of the ball a lot better.

10. Outline. I find it more effective than the ghost ball which would be my second choice.
ummagumma
ummagumma
18:16 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
11. Loads of bogy players. One that springs to mind right now is adam27. It's not like I've played him much, but on the occasions i have there hasn't really been much i could do to avoid defeat.

12. Easily. Firstly the__priest - 1000 tournament wins, on the level and passionate on his views. Secondly sunk_seven - Again on the level, old timer with a great personality. Many laughs with this guy. Lastly martin_blank - Simply because he's awesome and I've lost count of on the amount of times he's literally made me laugh.

13. Still here, loads of members, more features including doubles.

14. Is it me or does Ireland have load of good players? I'll say Ireland.

15. Voice chat for game rooms.

Next
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:27 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1. Unfortunate chance - Google Search
2. 9us Run Outs hit 250
3. 9us, quicker frames and easiest to runout in
4. Depends on the mood
5. No issue, it's personal to the end user, lag issue is very evident a lot recently so missing shots which I would usually pot for breakfast. So the statistics are not a true representation for the player so I reset.
6. Keep opinions to yourself.
7. Used too every day but sold pool table, might buy a new one.
8. Too opinionated
9. Black
10. Outline
11. A few.
12. It would be wrong for me to select only 3, a lot of decent folk on the game, some opposite too but 'c'est la vie'.
13. No comment
14. Ireland
15. Revamp the games room, offer a proper membership. 5 Cues is not enough. Make the game actually 'FUNKY', atm is 'Flat'. Also move the host server to Incapsula, CloudFlare is too buggy.

Edited at 15:31 Tue 02/06/15 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:23 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Started on Snooker for a month then clicked Pool icon (google searched for snooker)

First Ace in Mini Golf, never forget the relief when i got it.

In clan games 8us but normally 8uk to try for runouts (Straight also with friends)

4. Would you consider yourself a rank, tournament, clan or anything goes type of player?

Friendly person who plays with friends

Don't mind, rank is just a number, regret snooker reset though with set of maxes

concentrate, amount of easy misses by talking

yes not often though

rushing, love shooting within 3-5 seconds but bites me in butt at times

black now but always liked dark blue (green for snooker)

Default (Outline for Golf)

Used to be destiny for years, now i would say whocares8x8 or those types of players

too many but destiny in my early days due to teaching me, seb now one of my best friends, most of guys in Uprising, Pros and Chips n Gravy and few from Unbeatables
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:25 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Off the map unless something drastic is done

Germany and the United States, Third would be the UK

15. Lastly, if you could have one single idea implemented to Funkypool what would it be?

Fix Java for sure but better promotion, if site was busy then Group Messaging and Chat so can talk to more than one person at once.
ummagumma
ummagumma
22:25 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Great reading!

If you get 10 minutes lads

_giants
thegame26
cuesportfeva
maxus
bonfireheart
n0trespondin
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:41 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
15. Voice chat for game rooms.

A guy i know uses something called Teamspeak i think it is, as i used to go on something called SONY (Streets of New York - now closed down) but the owner still uses Teamspeak today as once i forgot i added him to FB years ago and mistook him for budweiser who i haven't added yet as i was moaning about carom then realised it wasn't him haha *embarrassed*. Skype is another method which w_hoolahan uses frequently
ummagumma
ummagumma
01:18 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah i know there are ways to do it mate. I'm just saying i would like to see it built into the game engine.

Do you mind if i ask what angels is? Seen you mention it a fair bit on the forum and curiosity's got the better of me.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
01:40 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I've used Team Speak on here but everyone would need to use the same channel and it be moderated properly. The problem with 'speaking' is the ease of using expletive language and it not being able to be controlled appropriately/properly.

IF speaking is implemented then MODS and Admin must have the right to access any channel at any time and a lot of players on here will not approve that.

So I personally don't mind having it between a circle of friends not the whole site. I know a few on here use Skype whilst they play - which is the same as so to speak - all be in the possibility in using video too.
hippesville
hippesville
03:23 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1. Colleague
2. Winning a 9 Ball tourney where I'd beaten some of the players who really stood out
3. 9 US.....I know it is nicknamed flukeball, but I love Trick Shots and there are such a variety to play here.
4. Anything Goes
5. No Resetting, it's crap.
6. You gotta think outside of the box sometimes
7. Yes
8. Personal Messages & Forums!
9. Light Green/Turquoise
10. Default
11. Sean, Tom, Ang, Niall to name but a few!
12. Am gonna name some oldies here, not discounting those who are about at the minute who should know who they are!!! joker86 janmb aflumpire jooodles
13. At the minute with The Java Palava I can't see it lasting more than 10 months never mind 10 years
14. Seem to be a fair few Irish who can play very well
15. As I have posted on Forums, the option to put a player back in play in Straight AND Killer. More so Straight though.

Here endeth the lesson, Hippes of Gazereth
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:31 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1. Found it on google a few months ago

2. A couple of gb's and some micro tourny wins so far

3. Killer

4. I like taking loads of points off higher ranks in tournies

5. Annoying when you think you're playing a newbie

6. Don't rush shots like I do. Use the full shot clock

7. Yes, but play snooker most

8. I rush my shots too much

9. Blue for US games, green for the others

10. Ghost ball

11. Not sure, I tend to play people who are way better than me

12. Not been a member for long, so don't know many people. Had a lot of games with x_connor, which is always fun.

13. A ghost town unless significant improvements are made to keep up latest internet gaming trends.

14. UK

15. 3D game engine with more features such as swerve shots and jump shots

Edited at 00:38 Wed 03/06/15 (BST)
_mich_
_mich_
04:33 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Seen my cousin play it about 10 years ago.

Winning my first tourny, was UK8 I believe.

Us8, dunno why I just like it more.

Will play anyone when on rank tourny or friendly.

If someone wants to reset their stats let them, they would only deactivate and make a new name anyway, which is more annoying at least you know who they are this way.

Don't take it too seriously.

I attempt to from time to time.

Focusing on position and missing easy shots

The original colours...
Uk - Green
Us games - light bluey green colour

Ghost.
_mich_
_mich_
04:37 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
There's a few, probably go with the__priest

Jimmy_efc - says things how he sees it, and is a good lad.
Liam__scfc - If I didn't say him he would cry.
rubber_duck - same reasons as both the above.

A distant memory.

Germany/Ireland

Real advertising for the site to attract new members, or doubles.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:21 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
15. Id make it so aiming aids are impossible, but doubtful. Also think it needs to be promoted better.

Do you mean aimbots? I didn't think they worked on this site. I had to leave Yahoo Pool years ago because it became ridiculous with everyone cheating
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:37 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah i know there are ways to do it mate. I'm just saying i would like to see it built into the game engine.

Do you mind if i ask what angels is? Seen you mention it a fair bit on the forum and curiosity's got the better of me.

Its a RPG game similar to Final Fantasy, Strategy etc. Click where you want to go, Automatic Battle System and need to think about what your doing with Skills, Gems and other things.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:53 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Do you mean aimbots? I didn't think they worked on this site. I had to leave Yahoo Pool years ago because it became ridiculous with everyone cheating

Yep, was a guy who used one to show it could be done but got banned after a few days
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
17:20 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I googled pool game a little over 8 years ago.

Hell yeah. I won a UK tournament, I think I made a thread in Game Shouts when making threads in Game Shouts was still a daily thing!

UK has always been my favourite because that's what I was searching for when I googled pool game! I play UK in a league in the real world and this is a decent place to brush up on your angles!

In my formative years, a rank player definitely. Hitting number one overall was my crowing glory on this site at that time! These days you can't be a rank player really, the games just aren't there...I remember when you could scroll down in the game windows for each type because there were so many to choose from! Now you can create one and not a game for an hour.

I'd remove it...I think it annoys more people than inspires. Personally, couldn't care less if somebody wants to reset but if I owned the site, I'd do a poll and go with the majority.

Don't take it too seriously!

Yes, I captain my local in the regional league.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
17:27 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Smoking!

Green for UK. Blue for everything else.

I forgot you could even change that til reading this question. Whatever it is set as!.

I barely know anybody these days, certainly nobody well enough to be a bogey player...If I'm on form I'm confident enough against anybody!

Again, I don't know anybody well enough on here these days to say I respect any of them. I try to respect everybody I play and if they take it too seriously, I try to avoid them in the future.

A long defunct website unless Nick reemerges to sort it out....Or somebody buys it off him!

Ireland has produced some of the best I have ever played.

Shock this to anybody that knows me....Doubles/Play for cash!
But the site has fallen into disrepair sadly...There are plenty of more important little touches that should be in front of that in the queue....I hope to one day win the Lotto, buy this site from Nick and give it the attention it deserves....It would turn a big profit in no time with the right marketing!
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Membership Questionnaire

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.