Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
ummagumma
ummagumma
17:46 Wed 3 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Great reading

Questions again for a new page.

1. When and how did you find Funkypool?

2. Do you remember your first significant Funkypool achievement?

3. Which game type is your favorite and why?

4. Would you consider yourself a rank, tournament, clan or anything goes type of player?

5. Where do you stand on resetting?

6. If you could pass on 'one' single tip what would it be?

7. Do you play pool in real life?

8. What's your worst habit whilst playing funkypool?

9. Which table baize colour do you use?

10. Which is your preferred cursor?

11. Do you have a bogey player?

12. Can you name 3 members you respect and the reasons why?

13. Where do you see Funkypool in 10 years time?

14. Which country on average produces the best Funkypool players?

15. Lastly, if you could have one single idea implemented to Funkypool what would it be?
ummagumma
ummagumma
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:08 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1. i believe it was an advert on another site

2. Winning my first tournament

3. Straight , chilled out game, not over in a minute

4. Anything goes

5. Hate them, should have some indication they reset

6. Dont smash your mouse up, its not his fault

7. Yes ( almost as good on funky :)

8. Smoking

9. Blue

10. the_priest

11. jam_pot great player

12. anoneeemouse, just a fab person, and a great captain if not the best in my opinion .

canny_miss, the thing is i made a very good friend here and on face book, not only is she polite and well mannered, but is somebody you can chat to and have a right old moan about life, and she will make you feel better

unlimited. great guy who never gives up, i like that

13.10 years not too optamistic, hope it still runs

14. England

15. Premium League or Premium matches
angerfist
angerfist
02:25 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1. Too long ago cant remember

2. Yes mt 1st 8 ball uk winning lol

3. Killer because there is more than one player

4. Anything goes player . . . Enjoy the craic dont worry about ranking

5. Its up to the one using it lol

6. Update your java

7. Yes all the time

8. Smoking and red bull

9. Green

10. My mouse lol

11. No

12. Sparks . . . Great craic Sunflowerbud mad but cool and re rack jack soundest lad

13. Not running if it doesnt get more players and solve java issues

14. Ireland

15. Ctrl + v or copy and paste for chat . . . Tireless typing to share links lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:26 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1. my son showed me the site
2. still waitin tbh
3. straight no idea why
4. anything goes
5. I reset ALL the time
6. remember ITS ONLY A GAME
7. noooo jesus im bad enough at this!!!
8. smoking
9. green
10.can u choose??? lol
11. anyone who plays tbh
12. sarah and craig (count as one) coz they are always there to help in a crisis and make me smile that they are such lovebirds.
toon_lad deffo a good m8 always there when I need a moan, a real gent, who is almost as crap as me at this game
lastly cant mention names u know who u r, u make me smile everymorning,and every night thanks for being you!!
13. I cant see past next week so I haven't a clue about 10yrs
14 uk
15 no ideas Im here for a laff and I get that so im happy
angerfist
angerfist
02:28 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Funkypool needs a huge revamp java needs sorted and needs more players most bights im lucky to get a 8 ball uk game lol guest feature should be disabled as they would have to create account :-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:52 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1 just browsing for online pool games
2 beating onua in a UK tournament
3 killer- the banter with a group of players
4 anything goes player, il play anyone anytime for anything
5 i dont do it much, but depends on the persons agenda
6 a Tip-- use the 20sec shot clock..take your time.
7 yes in my pool hall 3 days a week
8 watching tv while im supposed to be playing..need to focus
9 light blue
10 ghost
11 no i don't, i win and lose to all
12 - 3 is tough..thegame-horse-beenjammin-poolbiird-too many to name to be fair.
13 unless someone buys it, it will be no existent
14 got to say Ireland..there is a few class ones here
15 Being the owner, and keeping the place running smooth as it is the best pool/snooker site online.
_niall_
_niall_
04:43 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Friend of mine showed me it about 9 years ago, signed up a year later (rip niallisgreat )

Getting into the top 10 overall ranking, it was a pretty big deal back then!

UK, because I still think it requires the most thought and concentration, though not so much these days given the relative simplicity of runouts

4. Would you consider yourself a rank, tournament, clan or anything goes type of player?

Anything goes, no longer care enough to fully apply myself to games, though I do try a bit harder in clan games I guess

No opinion whatsoever

Don't waste hours of your day on here!

Yeah, decent player, similar to this

Humouring idiots

Blue for US games, green for UK

The cross with white circle, it's all I've ever known!
_niall_
_niall_
04:44 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  

No, I don't think any one player has an exceptionally better head to head record than me. There's been a few players down the years I've disliked playing, but for a variety of reasons

Right now...turtle, for being so humble about his brilliance...faust, for being a "normal", genuine, easy going man (a rarity on here these days) and maybe someone like horse/crazzy/ab who are still enthusiastic about the game after all these years. There's been so many others down the years I'd be here all day, some I've lost all respect for and others I still respect in spite of our history.

In the hands of madmiketyson apparently

I've rarely come across a bad Irish player and have seen many brilliant ones so yeah, Ireland!

15. Lastly, if you could have one single idea implemented to Funkypool what would it be

Doubles...15 years later
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
16:14 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1. Back in 07/08 when I was looking for an online pool game to play lol.

2. My first tourney win (back in the days when it was very hard to win a tourney)

3. Varies tbh, I have days when my UK is crap and my 9us is amazing etc.

4. Anything goes

5. If people wanna reset... let them get on with it lol, it's their account. What I will say is that players who regularly reset shouldn't start crying when the good players refuse to play them.

6. Don't snooker penfold.

7. Used to, not anymore.

8. Don't think I have any tbh.

9. The light blue one.

10. I didn't know you could choose haha, I just use the one the game came with.

11. Craig at 9us, that's all I can think of.

12. There are a lot of people on here that I respect for different reasons, it's impossible to put it down to 3, but off the top of my head.

turtle for always been a class act, as well as been the best on the game.

ummagumma for his enthusiastic efforts to bring this site back to it's former glory and just for been a top bloke, big shout out to you man.

and trats for telling me to get a job

13. No idea

14. Probably Ireland

15. Get rid of all the plonkers
ummagumma
ummagumma
16:41 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
ummagumma for his enthusiastic efforts to bring this site back to it's former glory and just for been a top bloke, big shout out to you man.

Cheers champ Top geezer as well mate!

Your answer to question 15 is hilarious

hilarious and true
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
16:44 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Cheers champ Top geezer as well mate!

Your answer to question 15 is hilarious

hilarious and true

Haha cheers bro!
ummagumma
ummagumma
17:00 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The general consensus so far is that Ireland produces most of the top players, it's bad to smoke () during game play, preferred cursor is either default or ghost and funky will not be here in 10 years time unless java/browser issues are addressed sooner rather than later.

The other thing was a fair few people not being aware there was a choice of cursor. This could be a game changer because i would swear the outline and ghost can make a big difference when it comes to thin shots.

Please keep them coming if you get a moment Ladies and Gentlemen
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:44 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Kudos for actually thinking of something new here. May as well give it a go.....

Found snooker first via a dull boring search during the world champs years back. Never played over here till I was dragged into Snooker Squad, then started playing properly a few years after that.

No idea about Funkypool. First significant achievement to me would probably be the 192 straight run (and my still highest success %). Had already done a lot more over on snooker so (without meaning to sound arrogant!) most of the things I've done over here didn't mean much at first.

3. Which game type is your favourite and why?

I wouldn't really say I have a "favourite". Pool is pool to me. Not a huge fan of killer. At a stretch I'd have to say 8 Ball because it most resembles the real life game.

Probably consider myself a clan player. It's where I made a name for myself with SS and Uprising and I still find it the most enjoyable part of the game. Started to try for rank a little more lately though.

I can understand resetting having done it myself, so don't really mind it. The majority of the stats aren't a true reflection anyway so I don't see much of a difference.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:45 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Play your own game and forget who you are playing. I'd wager that I win a majority of my frames from opponents making unforced errors. People tend to adopt the mindset that they need to go for every chance that they get or the other guy will clear up. There is a lot to be said about not taking on silly clearances and it's stood me in good stead over the years.

I do - And I like to think that I am far better in real life, but my recent record doesn't show it!

I'd probably say that my worst habit is not focusing 100%. I tend to struggle against "weaker" players (no offence meant!) by taking liberties and being a bit disrespectful in the process. Really should ought to stop doing it....

Light blue for the American tables and green for the UK table. Have to have it the same colours as what I am used to in real life or I get confused......

I'm probably one of the only people who uses the system outline cursor. It's the only one that was available when I first started and I've never bothered to migrate to a new one.

Only name that springs to mind is beenjammin. The only victories I've had against him have been narrow one framers and he has destroyed me a couple of times too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:45 Thu 4 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  

whocares8x8 - A lot of people take a while to get good at the game, myself included. He seemed to appear out of nowhere, go straight to the top and has been there ever since.

beenjammin - His style of play is completely different to mine and I hate to love to watch it. I'm still not sure how he manages to take out the things he does but he manages it more often than not.

derik_dalton - Doesn't play as much now but was around a lot when I first started over here. Unfortunately he isn't regarded as one of the top players but my god is he hard to beat when he actually plays. Never understood how he manages to dig deep and grind so well.

Like many I can't see it lasting that long. Haven't had an influx of new members for a while (from what I can tell as most are new accounts). Would be surprised if it lasts two years with most of the current crop of players moving on with their lives and losing interest.

Ah, god to be England surely? No competition

15. Lastly, if you could have one single idea implemented to Funkypool what would it be?

Rejuvenated tables across the board. Tighter pockets, better scaling (the balls are too big at the moment!) and a completely new UK table that isn't silly.

Sorry for the length - Got a bit carried away
ummagumma
ummagumma
00:49 Fri 5 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Great stuff!

Still waiting for more ladies to post. canny_miss is holding the fort for the sisters!

poolbiird
sunflowerbud
miss_harriet
anoneeemouse
_giants
jimmy_efc

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:51 Fri 5 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
lol
ummagumma
ummagumma
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:19 Fri 5 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Back in 2004, i google searched online pool games!

Winning an 8ball Uk tourny when it was the only game, that was incredibly tricky to win

UK 8ball, since its the original :)

4. Would you consider yourself a rank, tournament, clan or anything goes type of player? Probably ranking, had myself in the top 50 at one point then generally went downhill!

Strongly against.

Take your time.

Yes, in the pub usually.

Browsing elsewhere or drinking!

The original ones.

Crosshair only.

Yes, i used to play Onua0787 (best player on the site at one point) all the time when he was a newcomer, he got so much better so quick, great player.

justsumgirl, spinnerand nick, just for their commitment to the site in many aspects over the years.

Hopefully on handheld or consoles.

Probably the UK as that's where it's originated.

Playing for real cash, with the site taking 10% fee for support.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Membership Questionnaire

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.