FCL Discussion old

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 145
faust
faust
02:27 Sat 22 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
So does that mean that not all the games need to be played if a fixture is already decided?

Oh right! I misunderstood! It's not 3 bonus points for winning, it's like football scoring right? Overall 3 for a win and 1 for a draw?

I guess all the games need playing to work out points difference erigert?
erigert
erigert
02:33 Sat 22 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
So does that mean that not all the games need to be played if a fixture is already decided?

Oh right! I misunderstood! It's not 3 bonus points for winning, it's like football scoring right? Overall 3 for a win and 1 for a draw?

I guess all the games need playing to work out points difference erigert?

Yeah it may be but the rules can be abused if it works like that.

For example,if my team has already won the fixture and i have to play a better opponent than me in that fixture, i may decide just not to play so i dont get a negative difference of points. Unless defaults are still done of course.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
03:42 Sat 22 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The new rules seem fair and cater for all - thanks Keith - also, I like the subbing rule about no subs whatsoever in the first 2 weeks. That'll hopefully enable Captains to feel part of their team and contribute instead of having to just co-ordinate and deal with complaints all the time. The 3rd week for unlimited subs, that should help immensely, hopefully just a few fixtures will remain by this point and it's not manipulated.

The players being inactive and being monitored, I think that's a little extreme BUT any Captain in their right mind should only select those they know will be available. Hopefully Captains will simply be a Captain and run their teams properly.

The scoring system appears fair and just too.

Thanks for remaining as League Runner and I hope for a good, pleasant yet competitive season from all, good luck.

hippesville
hippesville
03:50 Sat 22 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Extreme my rear end! Wind yer neck in ffs
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:10 Sat 22 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Should've left the FCL scoring like it was.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:40 Sat 22 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The new rules seem fair and cater for all - thanks Keith - also, I like the subbing rule about no subs whatsoever in the first 2 weeks. That'll hopefully enable Captains to feel part of their team and contribute instead of having to just co-ordinate and deal with complaints all the time. The 3rd week for unlimited subs, that should help immensely, hopefully just a few fixtures will remain by this point and it's not manipulated.

The players being inactive and being monitored, I think that's a little extreme BUT any Captain in their right mind should only select those they know will be available. Hopefully Captains will simply be a Captain and run their teams properly.

I don't like the new sub rules personally, because of them i had to leave some players out but not sure if they are available anyway. Will learn to live with it though and only select active players.

monitoring inactive players, what consequences would the runner give them? sometimes it is beyond their control (i.e. no internet).

^ This isn't directed at Ash from the quote but at Keith, quoted as closest thing to topic i found
horse10000
horse10000
16:00 Sat 22 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  

I don't like the new sub rules personally, because of them i had to leave some players out but not sure if they are available anyway. Will learn to live with it though and only select active players.

monitoring inactive players, what consequences would the runner give them? sometimes it is beyond their control (i.e. no internet).

^ This isn't directed at Ash from the quote but at Keith, quoted as closest thing to topic i found

The only select active players is what I hope captains will try and do, I understand you can still have a player that goes inactive etc. Last season on several occasions captains were picking players who were offline for several days, leaving them in for 2 weeks and then expecting a sub for the player that they eventually subbed in to get game played, yet other team had an active player in through out the fixture. If clans continue to pick inactive players I will be more than happy to intervene as it is unfair on other clans. Any clan can have a player go inactive on them after they pick them but choosing them in the first place is unfair on other teams. I will just be watching out for clans / captains who continue to do it.
beenjammin
beenjammin
18:42 Sat 22 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Only change for FCL this season will be that the clan who wins will get 3 points and a draw will be 1 point. Bonus points for winning the fixture are removed. All clans are playing each other twice and there will be no split after the first round of games.

You misunderstood because the way keith explained it is bull......
What he's actually done here, is remove frame count, and change the bonus points from 20 to 3.

All the while, telling us that he has removed bonus points......
that's bull!, he's made it nothing but bonus points!

"points for winning the fixture" is all that remains..........BONUS POINTS!

Edited at 15:45 Sat 22/08/15 (BST)
beenjammin
beenjammin
18:46 Sat 22 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Tell me, with FCL dropping Frame count, is another league gonna pick it up?
turtle1560
turtle1560
00:22 Sun 23 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
In fairness having a league with solely frame count wouldn't be terrible. What if we kept Fcl as it is but instead of bonus points for match win, 2 bonus points for each individual match win, as well as frame count.

Then change fbl to purely frame count. I reckon Fbl could be a good league to have as frame count.
turtle1560
turtle1560
00:24 Sun 23 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think hippes first suggested the 2 bonus points for each individual game on top of frame count.
klien
klien
01:58 Sun 23 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 for a loss is how the FCL should have always worked. Whats the point of a league when the team who wins the most fixtures doesn't win the league...

Thats how literally every league in existence works, no matter the sport or game. Football, Rugby, Hockey, Darts... even online competitive leagues on games like LOL, Dota and HON are done on set points for a win and loss.

Great change, Keith.
horse10000
horse10000
02:43 Sun 23 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL - team event where the team who wins the most games against all the other teams wins.
FBL - team event where the team with the players who win the most individual games wins.
SL - team event where the team who wins the most frames wins.

So we have team, individual and frame count.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:33 Sun 23 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
In fairness having a league with solely frame count wouldn't be terrible. What if we kept Fcl as it is but instead of bonus points for match win, 2 bonus points for each individual match win, as well as frame count.

Then change fbl to purely frame count. I reckon Fbl could be a good league to have as frame count.

I would agree about Fbl but something would have to be done about straight.
hippesville
hippesville
08:00 Sun 23 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  

If straight causes a problem then just take it out of the equation.
Sometimes the simplest of solutions works best!

.........and I'm 99.9% sure this would work
punkpoet
punkpoet
16:35 Sun 23 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  

If straight causes a problem then just take it out of the equation.
Sometimes the simplest of solutions works best!

.........and I'm 99.9% sure this would work

But without straight i may withdraw pds
Hard to get a game of str8 as it is lol
klien
klien
17:10 Sun 23 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
There's no way of doing things to please everyone.

But the FCL, the main clan league, should be decided by the clan who wins the most games, every reasonable person can see this. To have your main league decided by frames won, rather than a team effort match win is just stupid. Yes by all means have the FBL or SL decided by frame count, but the main team league should go to the team who can consistently win the most games, not the team who lost more games than another but because they battered one team 90 - 30 they have more frame points.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:13 Sun 23 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  

But the FCL, the main clan league, should be decided by the clan who wins the most games, every reasonable person can see this. To have your main league decided by frames won, rather than a team effort match win is just stupid. Yes by all means have the FBL or SL decided by frame count, but the main team league should go to the team who can consistently win the most games, not the team who lost more games than another but because they battered one team 90 - 30 they have more frame points.

My question is why has it taken 5-6 years though, i think the Win Bonus was enough to achieve the goal of the clan who won most games.
klien
klien
17:15 Sun 23 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  

My question is why has it taken 5-6 years though, i think the Win Bonus was enough to achieve the goal of the clan who won most games.

So why go through the whole charade just to have the league decided by a win bonus which meant clans were racking up 1000 points a season. If the whole purpose was to have the clan that won the most games win, why not just make it simple and have it 3 points for a win, 1 for draw and 0 for a loss.

Thankfully Keith has made the change now.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:22 Sun 23 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah but my point would be why now? since 2009-2010 ish i think the FCL has been about frames and win bonus.
Pages: 145
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL Discussion old

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.