Security Warning

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
legend_pot
legend_pot
02:28 Mon 24 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Recently had to switch over to mozilla firefox as google chrome doesnt support java anymore which the majority of people will know about. However ever since i have switched to MF i have had this pop up box saying "security warning" telling me whether or not to allow something to run. When this has happened my game freezes and i have to go to task manager and end task for MF. It always seems to occur when im playing against someone and not while in the chatroom practising.

This has lead to me losing multiple games by default, which is fine but its getting irritating. Any help?
watchinawe
watchinawe
02:42 Mon 24 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It might be your Java. Firefox has started blocking Java because it is vulnerable to being hacked. You'll need to install an older version.

I was getting those messages too but only on the loadup screen and not while playing. Clicking Allow and Remember stopped them coming back

Edited at 23:47 Sun 23/08/15 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:40 Mon 24 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It might be your Java. Firefox has started blocking Java because it is vulnerable to being hacked. You'll need to install an older version.

I was getting those messages too but only on the loadup screen and not while playing. Clicking Allow and Remember stopped them coming back

Yeah this is exactly the same for me, always used firefox and never had any problems with it when in game.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:38 Mon 24 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Recently had to switch over to mozilla firefox as google chrome doesnt support java anymore which the majority of people will know about. However ever since i have switched to MF i have had this pop up box saying "security warning" telling me whether or not to allow something to run. When this has happened my game freezes and i have to go to task manager and end task for MF. It always seems to occur when im playing against someone and not while in the chatroom practising.

This has lead to me losing multiple games by default, which is fine but its getting irritating. Any help?

You'll need to Uninstall the version of Java you have via the control panel and Uninstall program. Download, I'd recommend Java 8 version 31 or if you now have Windows 10 then the latest version Java 8 update 51 is fine.

You can also however disable the security warning pop up via the java settings too.

Control Panel
Java32
Security Tab
Custom Level
Disable Verification

Hopefully that'll help mate.
bonfireheart
bonfireheart
18:36 Mon 24 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
lol tom if its not broke dont fix it
but iv been called a cheat by more than one player in last few months as it happens only with me the window pops up so i thought il install my java see if that helps others well no it didnt now im locked out i get the warning window when trying to get game window up

very frustrating indeed
try to do a good deed never goes unpunished
legend_pot
legend_pot
14:27 Tue 25 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  

do you know which version of java you have mate?

ill try allow and remember on the load up screen and see if its alright though thanks for the help
legend_pot
legend_pot
14:29 Tue 25 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  

You'll need to Uninstall the version of Java you have via the control panel and Uninstall program. Download, I'd recommend Java 8 version 31 or if you now have Windows 10 then the latest version Java 8 update 51 is fine.

You can also however disable the security warning pop up via the java settings too.

Control Panel
Java32
Security Tab
Custom Level
Disable Verification

Hopefully that'll help mate.

which java are you running then mate? i havent decided whether to get windows 10 yet is it any good for this game do you know?

cheers bud ill try the things you mentioned thanks for the help
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:44 Tue 25 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I have Windows 10 mate and the latest Java 8 Update 51 works fine on Google Chrome. It won't work on the new EDGE which is the new Internet Explorer. It will work on Google Chrome if you configure the NPAPI.

Copy and paste this into the URL:
chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
Click on Enable underneath the NPAPI selection listed then
Click on Relaunch at the bottom.
It will reopen the same page just exit as normal and pool should work on Chrome.

Windows 10 is very good apart from with it being new it comes with all the new drivers so using a touchpad once again you'll need to adapt if you are like me and modify the settings and sensitivity.

Apart from that I find it's very good, the only negative is the Windows Media Player doesn't play playlists just songs or tunes individually. Easy way to resolve that downloaded VLC Player with all the fine Visualisations

Edited at 12:48 Tue 25/08/15 (BST)
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
15:48 Tue 25 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm trying to set and old lappy up at min so I can play, chrome says unsupported plug in so gone to internet explorer and downloading java 8 version 60 is this correct
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:52 Tue 25 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm trying to set and old lappy up at min so I can play, chrome says unsupported plug in so gone to internet explorer and downloading java 8 version 60 is this correct

You can get it working in Chrome see the post above, I wouldn't recommend using the latest versions of Java on an old laptop Joe. Java 8 Update 31 works okay though.

http://www.itechtics.com/download-java-8-update-31-direct-download-links/

Scroll to the bottom till see blue writing showing 32 bit, click on it, follow menus and it'll ask you to update etc. Ignore it.

Game applet when you open will say the same click on LATER every time you see it.
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
15:55 Tue 25 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks, looks like I've just wasted another hour er my life then
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:58 Tue 25 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
An hour? How old is that laptop, you having to wind it up every so often to maintain its performance?
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
16:34 Tue 25 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
just says plug in not supported
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:36 Tue 25 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
just says plug in not supported

Can you see an icon on the far right side of the URL (search bar) possibly a cookie shape or a red cross? If so, click on that and select: ALWAYS ALLOW plugins.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:41 Tue 25 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
You have Uninstalled any other version of Java haven't you? IF not they will conflict with each other and the computer won't know which one to use.
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
17:18 Tue 25 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
ive just uninstalled 8 60 using iobit uninstaller, click on it and it just says plug ins not supporetd
watchinawe
watchinawe
20:48 Tue 25 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  

do you know which version of java you have mate?

ill try allow and remember on the load up screen and see if its alright though thanks for the help

I'm using Java 8 Update 31 64bit version with Waterfox Browser (64bit rebuild of Firefox)

http://www.itechtics.com/download-java-8-update-31-direct-download-links/

Edited at 17:52 Tue 25/08/15 (BST)
chezz
chezz
19:45 Wed 26 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Never had a problem with any security warning or any java crashes with Opera, a very good and underrated browser

It might run a tad slower, but it's safe and very easy to use, never been hacked into, and runs all java.
chezz
chezz
19:46 Wed 26 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
ive just uninstalled 8 60 using iobit uninstaller, click on it and it just says plug ins not supporetd

I've just booted and nuked my hard drive, so basically everything went, it said the same thing when I tried to play funky, just means you have no java

Iobit is very good, wipes everything and shreds residue
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
19:47 Wed 26 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  

I've just booted and nuked my hard drive, so basically everything went, it said the same thing when I tried to play funky, just means you have no java

Iobit is very good, wipes everything and shreds residue

thats what i used for some reason yahoo had control over a plug i, god knows why
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Security Warning

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.