The whole refugee 'crisis'

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
chezz
chezz
01:49 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Right, I'm going to put my view across here, and I want to hear your views here too.

I live in England, and I'm hearing other countries are blaming others about them not making an effort for the refugees, I've been watching the last leg, and yes, they have good points, but they aren't seeing the big picture. Now before I say anything more, I hate UKIP, and I'm not against foreigners.

Now, the countries that are blaming us don't realize one major factor, the fact we are, in retrospect, a tiny country! In fact, we are the most densely populated country in Europe, and the fact we're not 'housing' as many as the other countries is bang out of order!

The picture of the 3 year old dead on the beach is horrible, but for me, that picture has been used as a guilt trip so we have to take on these refugees, but maybe the other countries should make more of an effort rather than have a go at the UK, we are tiny, a lot smaller than USA, we are taking in 4,000 refugees, USA, you know, that massive country that has all that space, only taking in 6,000. But countries are too sh... poo scared of them, and to me that's farcical!

Like I have stated, we are a small country, the most populated country in Europe, and an advanced country in which our population will keep growing, but we can't afford to keep bringing in refugees, because other leaders say so, David Cameron need to grow some balls, and do what my parents did, when they say no, mean it!

Thoughts?

Posted on snooks too
kris
kris
02:06 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
explain me Estonia having to take in 3600 of them, with a population of just under 1,3 million?

i think u guys in UK are getting away with it with only having to take 4000...

germany puts pressure on everyone with "look at us, we take hundreds of thousnds".

the real story is, that they PICK em, all the doctors, teachers, professors etc go there, the others countries are left with the rest, the ppl whos only skill is to repopulate.

not everyone know that^ btw.

myself, im waiting with excitement tho, what are these ppl gonna do in Estonia in january-february, when it hits up to -35 degrees cold... half of them would perish and the other half leave on their free will lol

Edited by forum moderator ab_rfc, at 18:42 Sat 05/09/15 (BST)
kris
kris
02:14 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
A small country with 63 million people? How should i call Estonia then?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:22 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Come to Ireland sure our government can't house our homeless but they can offer refugees a home!!

Thank god for the voting system which we will lose and they will get a pay increase
kris
kris
02:23 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
a village would be too strong word to use in that case
kris
kris
02:25 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
fran u know whats gonna happen in Ireland when the next voting comes round- the ones that promise to loose water-tax, will get elected its so easy over here lol
watchinawe
watchinawe
04:29 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the UK should allow more refugees to come here, especially families with young kids who need a safe country to live in.

I think Cameron is being over-cautious because he knows a lot of people are cheesed off with the amount of immigration in general to the UK and he knows the government can do naff all the cut the numbers coming in.

One concern I have is how do we know who is coming in from the likes of Syria? Last thing we want is any ISIS sympathisers entering the UK, either legally through asylum or illegally on the back of a truck.
chezz
chezz
16:23 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
kris - If you read my post properly, We're the most densely populated, and I think you'll find, Estonia is larger than Denmark. So your point about taking in 3,600 should be revised, maybe your country should be doing more about it.

watchinaweI'm not saying that we shouldn't bring in the refugees, we should, but the fact other leaders are saying we should make more of an effort is atrocious!

I've put the same thread on snooker, and clifton put up a very good point about it being labours fault, I'm a labour supporter, but dayuuum he's right
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:58 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
For too long the UK has been the 'easy option' to make a better life. I joke that the Angel of the North be relocated to Dover and an exact replica be put in Folkestone too.

We need to focus and channel our thoughts on our own problems then and only then should we try and help others. I'm all for helping those who need it but the whole fiasco is ludicrous and needs to be brought to a halt asap.

We have plenty of asylum seekers in the UK as it is, some genuine who have had their status' from the UKBA and plenty who are either temporarily accommodated within homes or the Immigration Reporting Centres which are full whilst they await their deportation.

You see the issue with war or bombing other counties is the repercussions it'll have on the countries people, no one really ever considers the drastic action which is forced upon them. This is evident in what's happening nowadays. We either allow some with a Capped Number or none at all. The problem is like everyone, human nature is to react to being told NO and they will continue to try.

As for other countries saying we need to do more, we can only do what we can. If the other countries are that concerned then why don't they instead of criticise, focus on helping them even more than they are.

I honestly can't see an end to this at the moment, something need to be done ASAP. We still have to remember to focus on ourselves as much as we can too though.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:11 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
We have been a very tolerant country for a long time, accepted many foreigners to our shores, offered them a better life for them and their families back home. Given them equal opportunities to work, earn money and be treated as any other.

That is great, but now the reputation of the UK is 'its the easiest, best, most accepting country' for all. We have to draw the line somewhere and start to say no before its too late, hence the Cap I've mentioned.

Some or most will say it's already too late, that may be true but we have to live for the present and prepare for the future. We cannot change the past, the previous governance or decisions which have been made. The fact they have a systematic affect on the UK as a whole nowadays is the result though unfortunately.

IF we had the space, resources, money and a truly well run country of our own then we'd have no reason not to help everyone but the realism is: WE DON'T!
chezz
chezz
18:16 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
^^ Thank you, exactly what I'm trying to say ^^
_psmon_
_psmon_
18:20 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
England is in a sorrry state, with little work, no homing and immigration through the roof. i dont think we should allow any more thorugh to our country if anything we need to deport.
e.g. the ones claiming our state benifits for long periods and the ones who wont abide by our rules, being imprisoned , arested etc. why should the tax payer have to fund this sort of thing ?
i get countries are in serious help and im all for giving aid but not for giving up my country. bad times when you go to a work place and see more foriegn people than British
help our selfs before others
Civil war will break out in the UK no question about it.

Edited at 15:31 Sat 05/09/15 (BST)
_psmon_
_psmon_
18:44 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-statistics-january-to-march-2015/immigration-statistics-january-to-march-2015
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:43 Sat 5 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
my heart broke when I saw the picture of the little boy being carried across the beach after he had drowned, nobody could see that picture and not be affected, however, there just is not the resources to accommodate more refugees/migrants here in the uk! we have so many brits on the breadline and living in homeless shelters and so many vulnerable ppl living here already, how could we possibly open our doors to anymore? all we would be doing is stretching our countries resources thinner that they already are. the only solution is to make their countries safer for them to stay where they are.
quickshot
quickshot
00:13 Sun 6 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
this is my view basically that refugees opt for a better life away from the terror of wars currently happening, so they travel to europe which gives them that freedom.

The problem is when we except these refugees (which im am not against) more and more come along hoping to receive a place in the UK but as we struggle to accommodate our homeless and then we prioritize the refugees over British citizens then that is when people start getting angry and frustrated with the government.

There are also many other points to this situation, as most of Europe has not thought of as earlier today ISIS have confirmed thousands of extremists have entered Europe (most likely no security checks putting many people at risk)

this is just my opinion on this situation.
chezz
chezz
01:05 Sun 6 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
this is my view basically that refugees opt for a better life away from the terror of wars currently happening, so they travel to europe which gives them that freedom.

The problem is when we except these refugees (which im am not against) more and more come along hoping to receive a place in the UK but as we struggle to accommodate our homeless and then we prioritize the refugees over British citizens then that is when people start getting angry and frustrated with the government.

There are also many other points to this situation, as most of Europe has not thought of as earlier today ISIS have confirmed thousands of extremists have entered Europe (most likely no security checks putting many people at risk)

this is just my opinion on this situation.

I have to say, when I saw you commented on here, I wasn't expecting much, but my oh my have you surprised me! (Please do not take offensively lol)

It's true, a lot of people do get angry with the situation, and you have hit the nail on the head, as well as most people on here, we don't have the resources and space do accommodate for all the refugees in this country.

But it's a lose - lose situation, like someone above me said (can't be bothered to check, kudos to you sir) Germany have put pressure on the countries, and now they have the right to the skills refugees, we are in a losing battle people
achpfsk
achpfsk
01:15 Sun 6 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The boy washed up on the beach died because his father wanted new teeth, I kid you not.

"Why does everyone think they were fleeing from Syria? , they left Syria in 2012 and were settled in Turkey (had been for 3 years, a job, a home and fit and well.) The resaon they were in that boat was because the father wanted new teeth that's why they were heading for Europe. If you go on Youtube and put in 'Syrian boy dies because father wanted new teeth' there is an interview with his sister in Canada and she explains everything. Bloody greed killed his family.

Link to the video here:
http://youtu.be/QZUuoaq1MLM

This is a picture of an Isis fighter in civilian clothing trying to get into Europe

Posted Image
achpfsk
achpfsk
01:25 Sun 6 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Every year around December I get as many rucksacks as I can and fill them with essentials for the homeless. I try to get 10 full sets given out but only managed to make up 8 sets last year.

You can read more about it at http://rucksackproject.org

Sort out our own people in need first then help the others. Every refugee that enters into this country makes life just that little bit harder for us and the people dearest to us. I am all for helping others but not when it is detrimental to our way of life.
quickshot
quickshot
01:26 Sun 6 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Every year around December I get as many rucksacks as I can and fill them with essentials for the homeless. I try to get 10 full sets given out but only managed to make up 8 sets last year.

You can read more about it at http://rucksackproject.org

Sort out our own people in need first then help the others. Every refugee that enters into this country makes life just that little bit harder for us and the people dearest to us. I am all for helping others but not when it is detrimental to our way of life.

well done to you earned most peoples respect!
quickshot
quickshot
01:32 Sun 6 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah chezz im not the one normally to write alot even thought i do talk alot.

yeah with that isis fighter all these people coming to Europe could be anyone with hardly any security checks! all the security that is in place and all these 'extremists' are entering Europe causing threats and now they're in no one has a bloody clue what people are going to do about it.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The whole refugee 'crisis'

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.