Pages: 19495
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:16 Sat 12 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
GSC

8us

fr34k_p0t vs richo

6- 4 richo

my keypad was the main reason I lost this game. 3 seperate occasions in frame winning situations, it would seem to botch and screw me over. However he played brilliant. I am sorry for losing the game for us

Good luck scotty and adam for the last 2 games. I've screwed it up otherwise
buckjam
buckjam
23:26 Sat 12 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
GSC

8us

fr34k_p0t vs richo

6- 4 richo

my keypad was the main reason I lost this game. 3 seperate occasions in frame winning situations, it would seem to botch and screw me over. However he played brilliant. I am sorry for losing the game for us

Good luck scotty and adam for the last 2 games. I've screwed it up otherwise

You screwed up nothing. You played well and kept it close against another very good player from Uprising. 6-4 is a great result against him. Thanks for playing buddy
buckjam
buckjam
16:37 Sun 13 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Grand Slam Cup Final

Uprising (8) v (4) Funky Pool Devils

FCL turtle1560 v scottyjr
FCL dv8 (2) v (0) klien
SL r1p0m4n_v2 (2) v (0)king8ball (4 games of each)
SL apples_back v im_crap_adam (4 games of each)
8US ritcho (0) v (0) fr34k_p0t (best of 12)
9US zantetsukenz (0) v (2)the__saint (best of 12)
8UK erigert (2) v (0) buckjam
Str clifton188 (0) v (2) whocares8x8 (4 games)

Deadline 13th December.

This is the final. Have fun, no excuses are necessary. Just do your best as always.
im_crap_adam
im_crap_adam
19:05 Sun 13 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
GSC SL
im_crap_adam (2) vs (12) apples_back
8ball us (1) - (3)
9ball us (1) - (3)
8ball uk (0) - (4)+2 - 2 run outs for sam

As per usual i was awful, kept making silly mistakes and sam kept punishing me :P always a pleasure, great player great guy. ggs wp buddy
scottyjr
scottyjr
20:01 Sun 13 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Unlucky guys!!

Seeing as there is nothing to play for in the last game, I'm going go the pub after work instead!!

Can someone sub in for me please

And Bucky drop me a message when next season is upon as I'm going take a break for a bit.

See you guys next season have a nice Christmas people
buckjam
buckjam
20:04 Sun 13 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Unlucky guys!!

Seeing as there is nothing to play for in the last game, I'm going go the pub after work instead!!

Can someone sub in for me please

And Bucky drop me a message when next season is upon as I'm going take a break for a bit.

See you guys next season have a nice Christmas people

No worries buddy, and yes have a great christmas. Thanks for all your efforts and congrats on the golden cue!!
buckjam
buckjam
20:09 Sun 13 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
GSC SL
im_crap_adam (2) vs (12) apples_back
8ball us (1) - (3)
9ball us (1) - (3)
8ball uk (0) - (4)+2 - 2 run outs for sam

As per usual i was awful, kept making silly mistakes and sam kept punishing me :P always a pleasure, great player great guy. ggs wp buddy

Thanks for getting it done adam. They are a different level to most of us, so it was always going to be tough!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:12 Sun 13 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
least you did better than us *cough* 0-16, nice effort guys
ric_flair
ric_flair
04:40 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Woooooooooo
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:53 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
If your an attacking player who likes to go for runouts then please consider joining this event

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/20258/world-cup-runout-challenge

Thanks guys
buckjam
buckjam
16:08 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
If your an attacking player who likes to go for runouts then please consider joining this event

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/20258/world-cup-runout-challenge

Thanks guys

I'm an attacking player who couldnt hit a runout if all the balls were over the pockets and i had two shots But thanks for the offer
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:13 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
No probs pal, not for everyone
blackcabman7
blackcabman7
18:37 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
well done buckjam u had a good season m8 reaching 2 finals u be stronger next season so gl when it comes m8 and all the player well done girls boys
buckjam
buckjam
19:16 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
well done buckjam u had a good season m8 reaching 2 finals u be stronger next season so gl when it comes m8 and all the player well done girls boys

Thanks Cabbie. We will give it a go.
buckjam
buckjam
02:48 Tue 15 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
So another season is over (other than the plate final) and what a season it was for us Devils.Heres a quick recap of what happened and what we achieved

So the season started with FCL against Uprising, Revs and Pocket Dynamos. We lost against Uprising and the Revs but picked a very close victory against PD's 59-61.It was a great start for us. FBL was a different story and we got hammered really by the three top teams in that set. SL was a different story. We set out with three teams, which was ambitious for a small team but i wanted to give the 5-6 best players a chance. We went unbeaten throughout, only drawing with Uprising having played a game less. Brilliant start !!

In set 2 of the FCL we were beaten by Firestorm and The Revs but managed a 60-60 draw with the Pros.In the FBL the Pros had there revenge for the FCL draw and clubbered us but we stood strong against Firestorm and the Pd's and drew both matches. Another excellent result against 2 good sides. The FPD A team stayed true to form and won all three in the second set. What may have been missed was the two victorys by the FPD C team against the 2 Pd's teams. Awesome!!

Set 3 really showed how far we had come. FCL we got beat by Firestorm but not by loads. We also got beat by Pd's 61-59 as revenge for set 1 and 59-61 to the Pros. So close in both. We were not bottom of the league table and that to be honest was my mission. I was really pleased tbh.

TBC
buckjam
buckjam
03:33 Tue 15 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Set 3 in the FBL was a shame really as we beaten fairly soundly in all the matches. Cant say this format was a success for us as a team but Scottyjr managed to win the Golden Cue, which is an outstanding result, Think of all the players in the league and he had the best percentage of wins. Well played buddy
The final set in the SL was like a soap opera. We only needed 3 wins and were unbeaten going in with 5 games to play. Obviously it had to be difficult lol, we got 2 wins including a fantastic 15-11 against Uprising B. We needed a another 3 points to secure it and at the last minute we got it against the Revs.We were into the semis of the SL. Lets give a thought though for FPD B who got their first win against The Pros's A team. Brilliant that was!

Mean while the Grand Slam Cup was going on now and we beat PD'S 9-7 to go through to the semis and then scraped through against The Revs who had an excellent season, and even now still have a chance of silverware in the Plate Final against The Pros.We were into the final of the GSC. I was over the moon!. Also running for the season was the Players Championship. Most of us fell by the wayside as it went on. Seb (whocares8x8) got to the semis last season and this season he was determined i reakon to get to the top. He beat veyron,siber_man,slent_hill,jasonb and miss_harriet to get to the final with clifton188.

TBC
buckjam
buckjam
03:53 Tue 15 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
So we are in the Semis of the SL against none other than the Uprising clan. I am not gonna lie. I thought we were gonna suffer. Not that i am not confident but i looked at the players we faced and thought s..t. As it was we showed the same tenacity as we had all season long and ok we had a default decision go for us, but it finished 13-13. I mean this is uprising so what a result. It went to a playoff and in the end we lost 5-3 and Uprising went through to the final. We did brilliant and although all i could do is watch it was exciting to see us do so well.
Typically Uprising was our nemesis all season really. We had them in the final of the GSC as well and although we took 4 points from them, they were too strong to be honest. If you look at the results though other than my hammering everyone took their game to them and kept the scores close. Its like playing against 15 Messi's.

Thank the lord for Seb. We rely heavily on him to save our bacon sometimes and i think he did the league a favour here in winning a fantastic final against clifton188. 15-14 the final score which is how a final should finish. Many congratulations to him and thanks for all his hard work.Him and scotty saved us all from having Uprising winning everything.

The killer cup was a pain from start to finish so i wont waste my time but well done to Uprising for winning it.

TBC
buckjam
buckjam
04:14 Tue 15 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
So that was that. I enjoyed it all, few rows here and there, some great matches and superb results. I have said it before and will say it again. Special mention has to go out to blackcabman7, ferretlady,_psmon_,watchinawe,fr34k_p0t,anoneeemouse,ric_flair,king8ball,im_crap_adam ,fasteddie_, bonfireheart,_jesus_ and anyone else who made up the numbers to allow our 4 best to play in the SL A team. Without you guys and girls the A team would have looked different and more than likely not done as well as they did. It was a true team effort and i am really proud of you all for what you help achieve.
As for the_saint,klien,scottyjr and whocares8x8. Thanks for your efforts and getting us so close to a cup. I thought you were great!!

After 3 seasons im very sad to see anoneeemouse leave FPD. She has actually left the site for reasons best left alone. She was a great vice captain for me as she kept me inline and stopped me from making rash decisions. Shes been busy this season away from the tables a bit but always there to kick my butt if i needed it. Thanks Sarah i miss you already

TBC
buckjam
buckjam
04:20 Tue 15 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
We have some new additions for the new season. I will post a list after this twaddle haha. I have run FPD, and will continue to run FPD with fun in mind. Its difficult with so many great players now joining to keep a balance of good and not so good. Only the other day i was reminded of what FPD was about. Even i lose sight of it sometimes when there is cups to be won

Fun is what we are about and it will stay that way as long as i am captain. Any player who needs a spot if we have room will be offered one. As long as they are reliable and get their games done i'm happy and so should we all be. I would take 16 reliables to one who only plays Sunday at 9pm.

It will all begin again in the new year so keep practising. I will set up some friendlies in January but for now am going on a 3 week holiday from organizing stuff. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all of you. You are stars!!!
buckjam
buckjam
04:24 Tue 15 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Team List

buckjam captain
klien vice captain (8us 9us)
scottyjr (8bus, 9bus,8buk)
the__saint (8bus,9bus,8buk)
im_crap_adam
fr34k_p0t
ric_flair
watchinawe (9bus, uk)