Funkpool Hall of Fame

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Fun and Games.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:54 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think it would be a good idea to have a bit of fun and recognise some of the stalwarts of funkypool! My first offering for the hall of fame would be

1. dvz
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:12 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
2. whocares8x8
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:00 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
3. fastboysam

great guy and admin, gives helpful advice too
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:13 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Would you like me to do a more official one? Like say everyone votes for a member and the top one gets a little write up? Could do say 5 or 10 to start and then add 1 or 2 per week. Seems like a nice idea my like the member on the spotlight from the funkypool times, wouldn't want it ruined by people declaring it to be a popularity contest.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:05 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
sure mate, maybe not too many at once though and change variety but have a panel and decide who deserves the mention, write names here and we vote.

^ out of the three above it is a tough pick as i respect all three a great deal.

could add yourself too, a good guy and a good mod too
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:29 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Well if people all privately messaged me 5 names, I could regularly add players. Or if players were nominated and a panel decided, but that might be trickier
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:24 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
how about private message in order, if you like to pinch a system i had on snooker your more than welcome to.

http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/9951/funky-awards-2013/1 (believe i missed a part on results but i still have the spreadsheet)
http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/9496/funky-awards-2012/1

Points system is as follows:

1st 5, 2nd 4, 3rd 3, 4th 2, 5th 1

so for example if someone voted nick for best admin thats 5 points, if 2 people said said clooneman 2nd and 4th thats 6 points. At the end these will get added together and player with most points at the end will win.

It has been tested for two years both panelist and publicly and it has roughly the same outcome.

In 2012 etarvt in a public vote got 74 points out of a possible 75 and 44 out of 45 in the panel vote.

It had a couple of biased votes but the points system balanced it out

I still have spreadsheet if you want and edit it
kris
kris
18:37 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i nominate Ash.
he clearly is a different kind of special over here!
erigert
erigert
18:38 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Trats would be my pick to enter the hall of fame. The reasoning behind it, is that he has couraged almost half of the site to find a job. Thats why funkypool is low in numbers now.
kris
kris
18:45 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
but there has to be a rule- you cant nominate anyone from your own clan.
the reason being, that otherwise the full "Outstanding" clan of ash would b listed in no time.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:48 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
What a stupid idea let's all nominate the same players and boost their egos even more. Popularity contest yet again.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:49 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
dvz - stays in pros despite being weaker.
seb - helps a lower team and done so much to help me inc league on snooker
zante - good person and decent mod
dee - nice, kind, listen to my rants, like caitlin assures me things will be ok
sam - decent admin and helped me through some tough times

those are my five for different reasons, in no order
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:51 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
What a stupid idea let's all nominate the same players and boost their egos even more. Popularity contest yet again.

It has been proven on snooker that my points system has worked for two years running.

would have to be a ton of biased votes for it not to work
erigert
erigert
19:01 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think that Every two weeks a person can enter the Hall of fame based on everyones votes here on the thread. I really like the idea.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:10 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I thought I would bring this in, not as a popularity contest but since Friday there has been enough negative crap on the threads. And lo and behold they even try and turn something positive into a negative!
kris
kris
19:14 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think that Every two weeks a person can enter the Hall of fame based on everyones votes here on the thread. I really like the idea.

but can they leave also? otherwise we will all end up there on one fine day lol
erigert
erigert
19:18 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Well if only a person is added every two week then only 24 people can enter it during a year. And in my opinion its not a high number
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:22 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
once a month is better
dvz
dvz
04:12 Mon 21 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think it would be a good idea to have a bit of fun and recognise some of the stalwarts of funkypool! My first offering for the hall of fame would be

1. dvz

aw ty m8 very kind :)
dvz
dvz
04:15 Mon 21 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
n ty dgen bt more like 'ty' to yaself helping the team :)

Edited at 01:18 Mon 21/09/15 (BST)
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Funkpool Hall of Fame

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Fun and Games.
Back to Forum List.