World Cup - Runout Challenge

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
14:09 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I runout quite a bit so yeah I'll have a go, I'll be Spain.

You didn't post on Phoenix Revenge' thread, I'm sure many from the team might be interested starting with me.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:38 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

You didn't post on Phoenix Revenge' thread, I'm sure many from the team might be interested starting with me.

Yep i know, because you and punkpoet only like clan related stuff and may be told off if i post.

Sorry mate but i don't want players i won't play in the competition as it would ruin it for me.

so apologies but i can't let you play, will probably get stick for it but it is my event
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:40 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Will run this again as its fun and was successful last time, few bugs in Group Stage but those can be ironed out.

World Cup - Events Challenge

Rules

Group Stage
Six Frames of your type (Home) - Runout or Golden Break is One Goal (frames does not matter so nothing for frames), Semi events also count (7 Ballings and for 9 Ball, Combos or 3 Fouls).

If Straight is added then that will be Two Frames where events will be +30 ahead on points and +30 Run (both conditions if met in same frame is still one goal).

* Group Stage has no tiebreaker

Knockout Stage

Semi Finals and Third Place Playoff will be four frames of 8US, 9US, 8UK.

* Straight Two frames if added

Grand Final will be Six Frames of 8US, 9US and 8UK

Tie Breaker

Games must alternate between two frames of 8US, 9US and 8UK, continue cycle until someone scores and the other misses. Me and Imran got talking and felt both guys should get chance to Runout so Combos go like this...

Player A Scores in Frame 1, Player B MUST score in Frame 2
Player B Scores in Frame 1, Player A MUST score in Frame 2
If No One scores in Frame One then whoever scores in Frame Two wins the match.

Rules can change and Straight is just an Idea right now, unless it is popular then i won't add it.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:47 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
World Cup II - Players

dgeneratio - Germany
fr34k_p0t - Bosnia
the__saint - Northern Ireland
hamburgerboy - Spain
i_am_noob - USA

Those who picked the countries last time own the rights to them so new players can't choose them unless relinquished by the player who picked it by picking another country (e.g. dgen was Germany last time so unless he picked a different country (e.g. Spain) then Germany can't be chosen).

List of Players and Countries in last event:
_fresh_ (Uganda)
the__saint (N Ireland)
walktall (Wales)
cgibson92 (Scotland)
dgeneratio (Germany)
scottyjr (England)
r1p0m4n_v2 (Bangladesh)

Above aren't available unless the player willingly lets you have it or doesn't play in the current event

Edited at 17:38 Mon 14/12/15 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:47 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Players from last time.

_fresh_
walktall
clifton188
cgibson92
tinie_v17
scottyjr
r1p0m4n_v2

Welcome to join again guys if you want but lets see some more activity in Group Stages
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:48 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Yep i know, because you and punkpoet only like clan related stuff and may be told off if i post.

Sorry mate but i don't want players i won't play in the competition as it would ruin it for me.

so apologies but i can't let you play, will probably get stick for it but it is my event

That's harsh tbh, I don't see how you can be so selective in any competition. This event has proven to be run well, bought to its completion and the players involved last time all appear to have enjoyed it.

_fresh_ won last time so I showed a keen interest in it, now I'd like to have a go and you're saying no. Sorry but I find that extremely unfair and think you shouldn't neglect anyone from entering.

If you want a private competition then run it privately just not on public and open threads.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:58 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
It is my event and i choose who enters, I don't want players who i don't want to play in the competitions i run (only exception is ROW team in the 9 Ball event as i don't run that team).

If i let people in who i refuse to play then it will ruin the event as say we didn't meet until the Final then i refuse, it wouldn't be fair on them.

I don't mind you as a person anymore but if i play you and all my emotions come back from when we argued then it isn't good for the site as i would want to argue and that isn't me.

arguments lead to anger, anger leads to aggressiveness, and aggressiveness leads to poor language so i want to avoid that at all costs. If it means not playing a player or allowing them in a competition then thats the sacrifice i will make to keep myself and the site happy regardless of what others think.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:15 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's a World Cup Runout Challenge not a Friendship one plus if you get wound up over an online game then simply have a break and switch off your monitor lol.

My interest isn't about who runs it or who I may have to face it's more the runout aspect which I like to think I'm getting better at. If I wanted to join a competition for popularity, I'd run one myself.

Plus doesn't the word 'competition' mean anything? It's meant to be players facing each other. Going all out for the win over their opponent!

Friend or Foe who cares?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:26 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I care, i care about my emotions, If people make me angry then i don't want to play them in any competition (have three on this list) in case they make me mad, Competitions are meant to be fun but won't be if a Foe joins as i would refuse to play them and as the runner of the competition, that isn't good as others would ask 'why refuse a player who you have let play' my answer would be 'because the player can make me angry and competitions are meant to be fun' then they would ask 'why did you let this player play then?' then i would say 'It wouldn't feel right but if i draw them then i would refuse'.

To make a competition fun i can't allow any players i know i won't play in the competition as it would lower the leagues standard and make it no longer fun.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:51 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Players from last time.

_fresh_
walktall
clifton188
cgibson92
tinie_v17
scottyjr
r1p0m4n_v2

Welcome to join again guys if you want but lets see some more activity in Group Stages

can i join?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:56 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah sure pal, need to pick a country no one has picked (Spain is free too).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:24 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah sure pal, need to pick a country no one has picked (Spain is free too).

Is Wales free??
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:36 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nah sorry pal

_fresh_ (Uganda)
the__saint (N Ireland)
walktall (Wales)
cgibson92 (Scotland)
dgeneratio (Germany)
scottyjr (England)
r1p0m4n_v2 (Bangladesh)

Sweden (Kept safe for now) and Bosnia are gone too unless that player doesn't play this time or gives up the rights.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:40 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nah sorry pal

_fresh_ (Uganda)
the__saint (N Ireland)
walktall (Wales)
cgibson92 (Scotland)
dgeneratio (Germany)
scottyjr (England)
r1p0m4n_v2 (Bangladesh)

Sweden (Kept safe for now) and Bosnia are gone too unless that player doesn't play this time or gives up the rights.

damn theres always one right ok ill go spain
hippesville
hippesville
19:03 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Come on Norn Iron!
i_am_noob
i_am_noob
19:35 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Put me in as USA!
dvz
dvz
19:53 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
yemen?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:58 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
World Cup II - Players

dgeneratio - Germany
fr34k_p0t - Bosnia
hamburgerboy - Spain
i_am_noob - USA
dvz - Yemen
thegame26 - Russia
im_crap_adam - Greece

Those who picked the countries last time own the rights to them so new players can't choose them unless relinquished by the player who picked it by picking another country (e.g. dgen was Germany last time so unless he picked a different country (e.g. Spain) then Germany can't be chosen).

_fresh_ (Uganda)
the__saint (N Ireland)
walktall (Wales)
cgibson92 (Scotland)
dgeneratio (Germany)
scottyjr (England)
r1p0m4n_v2 (Bangladesh)

Above aren't available unless the player willingly lets you have it or doesn't play in the current event

Edited at 20:42 Mon 14/12/15 (GMT)
im_crap_adam
im_crap_adam
22:35 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
World Cup II - Players

dgeneratio - Germany
fr34k_p0t - Bosnia
hamburgerboy - Spain
i_am_noob - USA
dvz - Yemen
thegame26 - Russia

_fresh_ (Uganda)
the__saint (N Ireland)
walktall (Wales)
cgibson92 (Scotland)
dgeneratio (Germany)
scottyjr (England)
r1p0m4n_v2 (Bangladesh)

Edited at 19:16 Mon 14/12/15 (GMT)

Count me in, i'll be Greece
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:42 Mon 14 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
IRELAND!
IRELAND!
IRELAND!

Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World Cup - Runout Challenge