9 Ball: UK vs ROW

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:04 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
This was very successful on Snooker when the site was busy and thought i would try it here.

http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/8159/carom-uk-vs-row-iii/1

Me and Richie will be Captaining Team UK and Erigert will be captaining Team ROW, If you want to join you should speak to the relevant Captain.

Deadline:
deadline will be three weeks per game, pool are used to that from the clan league.

The format:
10 vs 10, 4 rounds, best of 10 frames of 9 ball. You earn your team a full point if you reach 6, a half point if the score is tied 5-5, and 0 points + eternal shame if you lose. Similar to the Ryder Cup, if you know anything about golf.

If your a German Born but live in UK (or another overseas place) or vice versa then your qualified for both teams. I think Northern Ireland counts as UK though?

First to 20.5 will win the title. Any unplayed will be halved unless sufficient evidence can be obtained about a player being obstructive then full points can be awarded.

Draw
Each Captain will send a list and match up the fixtures meaning one fixture Team UK will send Team ROW their list and Team ROW matches up the players, In the set after it is reversed so Team ROW sends Team UK their list and UK matches up the players so this happens twice

Only exception is Third Round, the Captain must play the Vice and in Final Round, Captains and Vices play each other.

Even if a team wins early i would like all fixtures to be completed
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:07 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you want to join post here and we will discuss tactics, even if you post theirs no guarantee of being chosen but lets see the interest
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:08 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Team UK
dgeneratio (c)
thegame26 (vc)
lolumadbro
zantetsukenz
_fresh_

more to come

Edited at 15:21 Tue 08/12/15 (GMT)
erigert
erigert
16:08 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lets fill the ROW team guys and whoever wants to be a vice can tell me or ill have to appoint one myself
tinie_v17
tinie_v17
16:20 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Team UK for me
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:25 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
If eri struggles for players i have allowed him to choose UK players, our team looking good already
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:04 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Is this not what_fresh_ is doing with the Mosconi Cup? Having the qualification process then the Straight Head to Head.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:21 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Is this not what_fresh_ is doing with the Mosconi Cup? Having the qualification process then the Straight Head to Head.

It is similar but its based on Golf, We did this 4 years ago on Snooker so no Plagarism here
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:24 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fair enough, would it not be more beneficial & respectful if you commenced it after that other competition has ran it's course then?

No doubt you'll attract the same crowd.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:28 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
If i'm honest i didn't think of Fresh, i saw Carom UK vs ROW a few days ago and thought can i get it to work on Pool so i spoke to a player not from the UK as suggested by Richie then Eri said yes so i did the thread.

It was going to be Straight but i want to trial it on 9 Ball first.

Fresh is a nice guy so i'm sure he won't mind.
erigert
erigert
17:32 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
ROW

erigert (c)
fr34k_p0t
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:32 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Do what you want. I've said my piece, I just question the timing and see it as trying 'to steal someone else's thunder'.

Good Luck.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:39 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Do what you want. I've said my piece, I just question the timing and see it as trying 'to steal someone else's thunder'.

Good Luck.

Is it have ago at dgen week or something?

timing may be off but you shouldn't let other events put you off, if someone did one of my past events i wouldn't mind.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:54 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
No one's having a go at anyone, just asking questions about the timing, exact similarities as an existing competition and suggesting it be postponed till afterwards.

The Mosconi Cup final is a straight head to head competition and the points are exactly the same as you have mentioned. Maybe not up to 20.5 points.

It's not a case of requiring permission neither I just know some won't be interested as they respect the time and effort _fresh_ has made to get his one to where it is now and is still ongoing. I for one won't be interested out of respect to Kieran and I enjoy 9us.
erigert
erigert
17:56 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Let KIERAN complain!!! Why do u need to interfere in everything Ash?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:01 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
It isn't about me competing with fresh, i have never done a UK vs ROW format on Pool before and Snookers always has good banter if you read the link.

Even if i remembered about Fresh's event then i would still do it, not out of disrespect to him but as i want to trail my own event and no time like the present.

If no ones interested than that is fair enough and i will cap the event but getting a good response and it is about Me, Richie and Eri picking players that we want to play, it isn't a case of posting and your in automatically.

Straight was too deep and i know most like 9 Ball and it is the quickest excluding Arcade so i want to trial the event.

If it works, i may do a Straight one and run this again until the novelty goes.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:03 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Are 2 events not allowed to be run at the same time or something? People either want to join or they don't, simple, can't see what the problem is.
_fresh_
_fresh_
19:50 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm fine with this event of course no one is entitled to stop an event happening lol.
I did wonder about the timing etc but if James says he didn't take mine into consideration that's absolutely fine and I don't mind it.
I hope this event is successful pal :)

Also I hope everyone in my event continues to show the reliability in getting games done as they have so far.
It's been excellent so thanks to everyone for that.
apples_back
apples_back
19:51 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
awwwwwww yeah.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:56 Tue 8 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm fine with this event of course no one is entitled to stop an event happening lol.
I did wonder about the timing etc but if James says he didn't take mine into consideration that's absolutely fine and I don't mind it.
I hope this event is successful pal :)

Also I hope everyone in my event continues to show the reliability in getting games done as they have so far.
It's been excellent so thanks to everyone for that.

Absolutely pal, If i have to play someone on my new not to play list though then i will ask to default to that player
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

9 Ball: UK vs ROW

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.