Funkypool Rice Krispie Awards 2015!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
faust
faust
22:25 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Or in grammatical terms, underrated is an adjective and underestimated is a past tense verb.
i_am_noob
i_am_noob
22:30 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Also, while the definitions may be similar or even identical, that doesn't always mean that in speech the two words are interchangeable.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:34 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nice Friendly Comedy, I <3 it
triple_b
triple_b
23:05 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
its like being back in school
klien
klien
00:21 Tue 22 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wow. To even be mentioned as Most Improved or Underrated is flattering. Thanks guys who mentioned me

Best Captain: Buckjam

Perhaps slightly bias, but it was only ever between him and faust. FPD achieved so much in the SL and GSC that was unexpected in contrast to uprising whom were expected to win pretty much everything.

Most Improved: the__saint, vixen and clifton188

the__saint and vixen are obvious choices. I've put clifton because I never realised, or perhaps appreciated, how good he actually is and therefore, for me at least, he is one of the most improved.

Most Underrated: king8ball and triple_b

King8ball pulled off some amazing results that went under the radar... Really did amazing in the GSC and some of the later FCL results, big player to watch out for. Triple_B was in flying form last season and hit a rough patch under Dgen's Professionals this season, definitely underrated and another to keep an eye on.

Best player of the season: whocares8x8

Goes without saying, Seb can single-handedly win games for just about anyone against just about anyone. What a player.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
00:36 Tue 22 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oooops I didn't give reasons.

Captain: buckjam - Some might be surprised at this nomination due to me and him clashing on a few too many occasions. That been said - I totally appreciate and respect what he has done with a team which for the past few seasons hasn't been given a hope nor a prayer to achieve anything. He remains steadfast and firm with his decisions, doesn't waiver and this next season i can see FPD going from strength to strength. Like any team should be based upon progression and allow time to take/run it's own course. They not only surprised a lot in the SL but to be the Runners Up in the GSC too is commendable.

Newcomer: 2pac786 - This guy was one I asked spontaneously whilst having the odd game on snooker. He didn't even have a pool account so for him to have faith in me from the start and now the team is seeing his true potential is awesome. I can only see him ever improving and he could IMO be the best on this site in a very short space of time. Delighted to have him on my team and also he's very content there too.

Improved: thegame26 - Rich has always been a great potter of the balls what he lacked was the correct use of spin and his positioning has dramatically improved for it. Now he's one of the best in 9us on the site IMO - his 8us game is wicked too as his his 8uk - honored to class him as a top mate too on and off the game.

TBC

Edited at 23:13 Mon 21/12/15 (GMT)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
00:48 Tue 22 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Underrated/Underestimated:: joeyy, crazy_greg & the__saint - All are capable of beating anyone on their day - joeyy is a great player, he has been for a while and he's also another one I nabbed from snooker.

crazy_greg is a player I've always considered to be good but when we met each other in the SL I didn't realize how good he was at 8uk - some awesome shots and I wish him every improvement in the future.

the__saint - Another player I respect and think is wicked - this last season has been very good and with FPD adding even more quality this could be a recipe for even more great play.

Best Player(s) - _fresh_ (Our Kieran) what a player - he's not only consistent but awesome in ALL game types. Usually you'd associate a TOP player to have one type he usually will excel in - not Kieran. His 8us is just as good as his 8uk and 9us. Straight is wicked too and that has been ever improving this season just watching his run announcements scroll on the screen. Delighted to have him in my team too and just like 2pac786 destined for the TOP Overall IMO. Keep up the awesome play my friend.

clifton188 - Top player, scored double figures in the SL alone this season, that is some achievement and he seems to be my nemesis atm - hopefully I'll give him a match next time we face each other.

legend_pot - Underestimate Ryan at your peril - one of the nicest & soundest people I know - his game is great, will only get stronger

Edited at 22:53 Mon 21/12/15 (GMT)
buckjam
buckjam
01:17 Tue 22 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thanks Klien and the others that have mentioned me. Much appreciated but at the end of the day , other than my one bit of glory its the players in the team who win the matches and are reliable. Thats what made me look better than i should, so thank you all.

Best Captain.............Faust for reasons unknown and not easy to fathom!!

Most Improved...............Id say the__saint, king8ball,clifton188 (annoyingly good) and 2pac who is going to be awesome next season.

Most Argumentitive................Ash and Faust ()

Most Attractive in own mind..............Faust the Greek God

Players Most Likely to Play at 9pm Deadline Sunday Night.................legend_pot, miss_harriet and veyron

Players Most Likely to Play on the First Day ...............blackcabman7, davybaumers and scottyjr

Most Likely Day Killer Will Be Played ...................Default Day

All in all it was a fun season and there were some great games and performances by all. Wether we like it or not, this league is a community where we spend a part of our day or week playing pool and having a laugh. People in a community have rows, but in the end we do need to respect each others views and get along. We are all winners here for keeping it going over this season and i for one hope it continues for another.
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
12:20 Tue 22 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
2 pac int a newcomer ash he played at least a season wi nuts and hoops team
erigert
erigert
12:48 Tue 22 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
2 pac int a newcomer ash he played at least a season wi nuts and hoops team

Hes another 2pac i think m8.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:46 Tue 22 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Captain of the season: Buckjam as taken FPD to a level that i never expected so done well. Faust would be the year pick for again taking Uprising to new heights.

Newcomer of the season: Not going to predict here as not many new players left but if a Pooler came to Snooker except for Arcade he could be a Newbie but Snooker players are expected to thrive on Pool right away as they have harder types such as Regular and Original.

Improved player of the season: Not real sure but i would pick Cliffy for his efforts this season in Super League + Players Championship, but i would say 2pac786 as well however did he play last season? if no theres no base for previous season.

Out of players you wouldn't pick, i would pick the__saint and buckjam, they have been improved so much this season.

Underrated player of the season: Not sure but buckjam and the__saint again, very underrated and not players you would think are decent however they're coming into their element now and in a season or two could do really well.

Player of the season: whocares8x8. Players Championship and getting FPD close in most fixtures and one of the best on the site.

Technically should go to Golden Cue Winner in FCL though.
klien
klien
15:12 Tue 22 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
"Technically should go to Golden Cue Winner in FCL though".

Not really, because golden cue winner has an advantage of playing for Uprising or Firestorm. Seb, if playing for one of those teams, would have won the Golden Cue easy. Instead of being able to play the likes of FPD etc. Seb had to play Firestorm and Uprising.
faust
faust
15:22 Tue 22 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Not really, because golden cue winner has an advantage of playing for Uprising or Firestorm. Seb, if playing for one of those teams, would have won the Golden Cue easy. Instead of being able to play the likes of FPD etc. Seb had to play Firestorm and Uprising.

Not actually an accurate viewpoint. For example, I almost exclusively picked corsair for the harder games and left him out vs the weakest. Saying Seb would win the FCL Golden Cue easily if he played for us isn't true, as I would also save him to play v the better teams. Seb is a great player, but he is certainly not easily better than turtle or corsair.
klien
klien
15:24 Tue 22 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Not actually an accurate viewpoint. For example, I almost exclusively picked corsair for the harder games and left him out vs the weakest. Saying Seb would win the FCL Golden Cue easily if he played for us isn't true, as I would also save him to play v the better teams. Seb is a great player, but he is certainly not easily better than turtle or corsair.

Perhaps not easily, but corsair and turtle definitely have an advantage not having to play any other uprising players whereas Seb has to play both uprising and firestorm players and misses out on the few extra frames he could pick up against FPD players.
erigert
erigert
15:52 Tue 22 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well turtle won it while he was at UB too and corsair won it while Pros were still around. So i dont get the point tbh.

Seb, Jack and Sean are all great players which on their day can beat anyone.
faust
faust
15:56 Tue 22 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Perhaps not easily, but corsair and turtle definitely have an advantage not having to play any other uprising players whereas Seb has to play both uprising and firestorm players and misses out on the few extra frames he could pick up against FPD players.

It would genuinely be interesting to see which respective teams each player played throughout the season. I know I left Jack out vs Pocket Dynamos and FPD's and probably more. Your point has some validity if each player plays in every fixture - but if not if I'm leaving my best players out of the games v smaller clans.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Funkypool Rice Krispie Awards 2015!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.