Who is Better discussion thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Fun and Games.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
kris
kris
07:58 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I often find myself wanting to say few words about other players choices on the Who is better ? thread,
so lets try and have a civilized chat

There has to be some rules tho, so it wouldn't go out of hands. while personal hate can be expressed, this ideally should be the place where that can be singled out and the genuinely better player would be found out.

1. Whoever starts the comparison, he/she only is allowed to close it any time they want to.

I Shall start us off-

marc vs tinie_v17

I have to say tinie_v17 as ive lost pretty much every game ive played with him, while I remember winning marc quite few times. they are both very high at the overall rankings system, but that's how I feel, after playing both of them on numerous occasions.

Edited at 09:37 Mon 04/01/16 (GMT)
kris
kris
08:02 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
feel free to start new comparisons, one doesn't have to finish before the other starts.
kris
kris
08:05 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
rulez update:

2. Players that are compared may not post about any on-going comparisons that include them.

Edited at 09:35 Mon 04/01/16 (GMT)
silent_hill
silent_hill
10:56 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Okay...

re_rack_jack or kris

IMO i like both these players, i've had problems in the past with both! But they've all settled down, so if i pick one please the other person, dont hate me!

Played you both in a lot of tournaments over the years, I feel i have a slight advantage over both in tournaments.

But tournaments isn't where the site is at nowadays. Its all about clans. I've never played re_rack_jack in a clan game, were as i've played kris in a couple.

First clan game v Kris i won 8-7
Second clan game v Kris he won 8-7.

From what I remember you beat me when i was flying high in the league. So my decision has to go to Kris.

Your still a great player too Jack
kris
kris
11:35 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Rulez update:

3.Max 3 comparisons can be "open for discussion" at any given time
kris
kris
11:40 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I was thinkin of cliffy vs hooligan but ill leave it for laters.....

so theres still another spot lads.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:21 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
More spiele, who cares what anyone thinks. It's an online game!!!

Whether you think he, she or it is a good player I'm really sure it means a jot to the players being evaluated

Just another thread to write tripe about others and make the person posting feel a little happier with themselves.

No need for all this comparison garbage!!!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:30 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  

Whether you think he, she or it is a good player I'm really sure it means a jot to the players being evaluated

Just another thread to write tripe about others and make the person posting feel a little happier with themselves.

maybe, maybe not but there are ways to talk to people but this is not it.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:35 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not sure exactly how this works but...

marc vs tinie_v17

Rarely play marc and played tinie a few times, would say tinie is better due to Straight and Snooker but in the main Pool types where they count, i'm not sure.

re_rack_jack or kris

Played both a few times, nice guys, would slightly edge Jack on this one but not much between them.

cliffy vs hoolahoop

Both very good, Harry wins it on Pool for me, Straight not sure, Cliffy would win Snooker with Carom being close.

Two good friends of mine who i fear playing.

another comparison i wanted to do is two of my best mates on Snooker, destiny and whocares8x8

This for me is the ultimate comparison.

Snooker:

Arc: Dest wins hands down here
Reg: Seb wins, Dest hates Reg
Orig: Evenly matched but if i had to choose i would choose Seb due to smaller monitor
Power: Seb wins, perhaps best power player
Carom: Dest wins, top 5 of Carom easy, Sebs good but rarely plays

Pool:

Would pick Seb here, more experience and better league stats

Edited at 13:39 Mon 04/01/16 (GMT)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:35 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
The difference is I wasn't even speaking too anyone, it was me voicing my opinion on the whole pointless garbage thing.
erigert
erigert
15:41 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
"New Year, same Ash."
kris
kris
15:54 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  

maybe, maybe not but there are ways to talk to people but this is not it.

thanks, James. as we all know, the Who is Better? thread is not up to a discussion really, thts the reason I did tht.
kris
kris
16:01 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
also, is not up to discussion yet, but if we have 3 opinions atleast on one match-up, then im more than happy to close it

the rules are easy- some1 gives a match-up. others will judge it. if everyone are happy then the one who started it, closes it. Players in question have no say at it.

yours is on the queue degeneratio

if we ignore Ashes negative comments then this could lift off a bit...
kris
kris
16:05 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
3 match-ups in question atm are:

tinie-marc (tinie 2 votes to 0)
kris-rerack Jack (1-1)
cliffy vs harry (0-1)

we can say tht first to 3 votes is gone
buckjam
buckjam
23:03 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I havent played marc but having played tinie a few times, he is a bit special so i will go Tinie

Ive played Kris and re_rack_jack a few times now. Its a very close call. Id say kris but not by much..........

Cliffy is a different class to most on here tbh. There is only a couple of players i would put ahead of him and Harry isnt one of those although extremley good on his day.....so cliffy
klien
klien
23:09 Mon 4 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Tinie and Cliffy are easy choices, both different class to the other person mentioned (no disrespect intended).

Kris and Jack are on the same level, kris perhaps just shading it.
i_am_noob
i_am_noob
01:35 Tue 5 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
_marc_ used to be a great player, but he fell off at the end and if I'm correct doesn't play anymore. Tinie on the other hand is as good if not better than ever so gotta go with tinie.

Re_rack_jack and kris. This is a close battle and I think both suffer from consistency problems. I've played kris and had him be as good as anyone on this site one day and the next be complete garbage. Its almost like there are two people playing. Like him and his older brother LOL. Re_rack_jack has trouble concentrating but when he's playing well he can beat most. I think skill wise they are about even but kris has come through in clans vs tough opponents more than jack. That said I think jack has more potential to improve so I'll give him the slight advantage over kris who I think is about as good as he'll get.
kris
kris
08:15 Thu 7 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
so we have few winners!
tinie takes it by many votes vs marc
harry and cliffy- to my surprise, cliffy has won it.
me vs re_rack_jack- think ive edged it by a whisker.

(I havnt bothered to count the exact votes, please do correct me if im wrong)

So, time for some new mach-ups!
I give one and u guys can add few :)

horse10000-erigert

to me... it makes very little difference wich one of them two I would play, as I pretty much always lose. so I go by my feeling- if I face Eri, im a tad scared to begin with. if I face Keith, I feel that I can win it, but it just doesn't happen usually
So based on that, it has to be erigert, even when he doesn't play tht much lately etc. Skill never disappears imo, it just ...takes a nap sometimes!
clifton188
clifton188
09:10 Thu 7 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
To my surprise as well! Harry and I have played at least 3 fcls and ive lost them all. I've no shame in admitting Harry Is a better player than myself.
kris
kris
07:03 Sun 10 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
well, ppl had their say!
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Who is Better discussion thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Fun and Games.
Back to Forum List.