game delay - non responsive

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:50 Sun 31 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Have you defragmented your hard drive recently? SmartDefrag is a good program too use, Analyze the state of the hard drive (C:) first. The defrag could take a fair while though. Best doing it over night so hopefully completed by the time get up.

http://www.iobit.com

Smart Defrag.

Worth a go?
_psmon_
_psmon_
16:02 Sun 31 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
i do it on a daily basis
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:59 Sun 31 Jan 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Have you defragmented your hard drive recently? SmartDefrag is a good program too use, Analyze the state of the hard drive (C:) first. The defrag could take a fair while though. Best doing it over night so hopefully completed by the time get up.

Smart Defrag.

Worth a go?

Nope and not allowed Computer on over the night, i could do it during the day but means missing funky for one night and need to play Richie early this week for FBL. What does it do because last time i messed with it was during the Server Meltdown last year and it busted my System Restore trying to work Java (Before Site notified us it was their fault) so fairly reluctant as i can't afford another tower like some people can.

I use Ccleaner when notified that i could save space.

When i play (normally on Opera), i have Windows Media Player (full of Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Two Steps from Hell) songs which i play while playing. Facebook (Only on Opera as Comodo lags game, Opera doesn't) and Funky Forums which i refresh between shots.

Tried just Comodo and wasn't as bad (No Bet Victor ad) but Halifax ad still lags the game like Opera did.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:47 Mon 1 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ram could be the issue especially if some is allocated to your GPU.

On the control panel system what does it say???

Posted Image

Ram is dirt cheap atm except for DDR2 which is ridiculously priced.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:49 Mon 1 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  

Smart Defrag.

Worth a go?

Have to disagree here mate with that product.....best is this one

http://www.piriform.com/defraggler
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:19 Mon 1 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
1.5 RAM, poor i know (done well tho) but trying to save for a cheap 8 RAM for gaming but got £100 in around a year so may take a while
jimfaebod
jimfaebod
18:41 Mon 1 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Posted Image

Why is it every time I play I get a security warning, meaning DQ
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:47 Mon 1 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Update java to the latest version or revert back to:

https://www.itechtics.com/download-java-8-update-31-direct-download-links/

Download the 32 Bit version -
(The makers of Java have added and extended extra security parameters to Java 8 since version 31 hence I suggest you roll back to then)

* Make sure you do not update the java even when it prompts you to do so after downloading this version. Also when opening the java applet (pool table screen) always click on LATER.

Also I would suggest changing your browser mate from Torch now (due to malware) and move to Comodo IceDragon

https://icedragon.comodo.com/ (This browser has it's own malware security built in)

Hope that helps.
jimfaebod
jimfaebod
18:58 Mon 1 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have 8.31, however have now tried Comodo IceDragon. Hopefully this will resolve the security warning.

Thanks for the assistance.
jimfaebod
jimfaebod
19:39 Mon 1 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Same again against the priest, every time and that is after deleting torch and installing Comodo IceDragon
the__priest
the__priest
19:45 Mon 1 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
IE and 8 : 31

isn't a problem i have sent the link to many ppl
and all are now not experiencing the security cert

and are having fun playing in tournaments

torch
opera
firefox
and many more

if you break you play, if your opponent breaks security warning, many people giving advice don't even play in tournaments........... hence they can recommend anything
but it doesn't work
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:48 Mon 1 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  

if you break you play, if your opponent breaks security warning, many people giving advice don't even play in tournaments........... hence they can recommend anything
but it doesn't work

You can still offer advice, On Snooker i tested against destroyer_v2 and hutch1971 and people complained about more than anyone else but i didn't once disconnect.
the__priest
the__priest
19:51 Mon 1 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  

but it doesn't work

You can still offer advice, On Snooker i tested against destroyer_v2 and hutch1971 and people complained about more than anyone else but i didn't once disconnect.

jim doesn't always disconnect
he sits there until the game knocks us both out
it happens over and over

advice is ok

but you've got to be in a tournament, because that's where it happens
if you break you can play, if you don't security cert
sometimes you get not responding then it will boot you

those are facts James
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:53 Mon 1 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
not facts for me, no problems on 8.31 for me, okay ill test on Pool one daytime (hopefully you as it seems to happen against) and see if i get booted/disconnect.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:03 Mon 1 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
jimfaebod:

Internet Options
Security Tab
Custom Level

Scroll down to the Miscellaneous Section too
Display Mixed Content - Change to Enable from Prompt.

This is only a suggestion, it might work I haven't tried it.

* Should it not then put back as it was.
_psmon_
_psmon_
02:23 Tue 2 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
not facts for me, no problems on 8.31 for me, okay ill test on Pool one daytime (hopefully you as it seems to happen against) and see if i get booted/disconnect.

just wondering if youve tried a ranked game against craig.? or is it just a tourny problem for ya.

if i win a ranked game it goes sweet even a friendly but if they win it goes pete tong
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

game delay - non responsive

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.