European Championships 2016

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
hippesville
hippesville
19:02 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Make yer voice heard whether it's Team Selection for Home Nations, who ya reckon will win, or, any other business to do with Euro 2016

GAWA
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:06 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Spain, Germany or Outsiders Belgium.

I will go with Germany, many experienced players but many upcoming top talents too. (Hope Draxler and Kruse feature)

I think England will do well but fall short probably the Quarter Final stage vs the eventual champions.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:12 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Four Strikers for England; Vardy (Be mental to not take a player in such top form), Kane (Top goalscorer last season taken a while to get going this one but now is proving doubters including myself wrong), Rooney crap season but still prolific for his Country and is Captain. Leads by example and is also flexible. His time is nearing an end this could be his last tournament for England. Walcott - This guy can play, with his pace and agility he could rip defences to shreds. Needs to increase his team work ethic but still I'd take him.

Only problem with the 4 listed is no real height that's why Carroll instead of say Walcott might be a better choice.
_gerardddd_
_gerardddd_
20:15 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Irelands going to win it lol
hippesville
hippesville
20:39 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Kyle Lafferty, the man who has hardly played club football, for Top Scorer??

Can't believe anyone would want Rooney there for England! And I'm a Man Utd fan
Can't believe I just admitted that on a Public Forum lol

Carroll, Defoe or even Crouch before him!!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:49 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
All three of us are United fans, maybe Rooney being out for a predicted 6 weeks with a knee injury might impact him being selected too. Sturridge IF can stay injury free is a top class finisher. A little too ball greedy but prolific when called upon.
punkpoet
punkpoet
20:49 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
gaz i never knew that haha.

unsure who will win seems quite open Germany are the obvious choice but who know could be an unexpected team. i mean Greece did it once lol.
hippesville
hippesville
20:53 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
gaz i never knew that haha.

unsure who will win seems quite open Germany are the obvious choice but who know could be an unexpected team. i mean Greece did it once lol.

Norn Iron then???
the__priest
the__priest
20:57 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I do think Defoe has been outstanding In a very poor team this year and his goals are magical

he can also now lead the line

50/50 for me but id take him
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:02 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I would respect Hodgson a lot if he had the bottle to leave Rooney at home, but it is Hodgson. I expect choices based largely on reputation, and another disappointing showing.

Rooney has lost his flexibility, that was painfully highlighted in his poor form earlier on this season. He hasn't really looked like the dangerous player he can be for a while (consistently). He has to play as a striker and right now he is too far down in the pecking order.

The competition is a step up from recent international games and opponents, I don't think we can rely on that record particularly with his poor form this season. Kane has the form and a great start to his international career. Vardy deserves the chance. Walcott offers pace but I think he might go as a midfielder. Welbeck offers work rate, Sturridge offers the finishing, Rooney probably needs to oust one of these two, Welbeck most likely.

Supposedly he is out for 2 months, that might blow his chance at a place if he can't get fitness. I don't think he'll be too much of a miss a captain of he wasn't taken, he is too prone to strops or poor temperament when things don't go his way.

I think Hodgson will pick Rooney though, but we have strikers/forwards that can play a three pronged attack which is like to see. Hodgson is conservative though, expecting a basic 4-4-2 where we get good possession and disappointing results.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:05 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
All three of us are United fans, maybe Rooney being out for a predicted 6 weeks with a knee injury might impact him being selected too. Sturridge IF can stay injury free is a top class finisher. A little too ball greedy but prolific when called upon.

I think he can be selfless when he needs to. But sometimes you need your top finisher to be ball greedy. Nothing more frustrating when we don't convert possessions to chances. He will waste chances, but as long as he scores then that is ok.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:07 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I do think Defoe has been outstanding In a very poor team this year and his goals are magical

he can also now lead the line

50/50 for me but id take him

I think Defoe is too big a risk for Hodgson, whether he merits it or not. I think he would have to drop Rooney to take Defoe. That would be the big experienced striker choice.
erigert
erigert
21:08 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Albania is going to win it!!!
the__priest
the__priest
21:37 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
the Goat race

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:53 Wed 17 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ireland will do better than England!

Also bring Sturridge he's the best use have right now, along with Kane vardy rooney!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:57 Thu 18 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Think Ireland will do well, takes a lot to impress me and Ireland has, England, Group or Quarters, they have the players but just haven't got the motivation. Haven't been impressed with England for over 10 years even during the Beckham era.

Wasn't impressed with Spain last time, think i'll go Germany
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
14:35 Mon 16 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Decent selection by Roy but still have a few worries. Rashford in because he finished the season strong? 1 goal in Uniteds last 7, 2 in the last 10 and only 4 goals in total. Compare that to those who missed out, it's too soon for him. He doesn't really offer much from what we already have. Rooney, 7 goals. Again, hardly compared to others (and we have plenty of captains in that squad). He's had one of his worst seasons at United. If you bring him for versatility it still makes little sense because the outright midfielders we have are far better than him at the midfield roles and we have plenty of them.

Vardy and Kane speak for themselves, Sturridge missed most of the season and still out scored Rooney and Rashford. We could've done with a big man and another form goalscorer IMO. If Rooney plays a lot I expect disappointment. Kane and Vardy, should be number one with Sturridge first option for a sub.

Wilshere picked? After playing only 141 minutes all season.

Sterling? He's not improved at all this season. Stagnant development and he's sunk into the background of a side that fell short of the mark they set instead of a being a potential match winner. Plenty of better options.

Now we wait for Roy, does he have the stones to play our best side or our best paid side?
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
14:38 Mon 16 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Tom Heaton.

Defenders: Nathaniel Clyne, Kyle Walker, Gary Cahill, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Ryan Bertrand, Danny Rose.

Midfielders: Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Eric Dier, Danny Drinkwater, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere.

Strikers: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Jamie Vardy.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:32 Mon 16 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
These should never have been selected IMO:

Fabien Delph
Raheem Sterling
Jack Wilshere
Marcus Rashford

What about

Mark Noble
Michael Antonio
Scott Sinclair
Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, etc.

Okay Lambert hasn't played at all but he's still one of our best strikers who should be played a lot more. Saido Berahino, he's a very good striker, I'd select him over Rashford any day of the week.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

European Championships 2016

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.