European Championships 2016

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:22 Thu 2 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Strong line up, looks good. But then everyone is out of position to fit Rooney in who has shown effort but lacked quality. Get Alli in the middle and keep the top two up front not drop them wide to defend and bump Rooney up. The Spurs lads are who you have to set the team up for then add others in. Full backs are immense with Dier. Alli is good but out of position. Kane and Vardy haven't got into it because they're out wide (Kane on corners?).

But Kane nearly had his head taken off ! Easiest red in you'll see in an England friendly.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:25 Thu 2 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
If that challenge was on Ronaldo he'd of been down for half the euros
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
23:29 Thu 2 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL - I agree I also think Bruce Lee & Mr Miyagi would've been proud of that one.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:32 Thu 2 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Daniel-San couldn't get his crane kick any higher
the__priest
the__priest
00:01 Fri 3 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
we look very ordinary
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:07 Fri 3 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Still a conservative approach and lacking movement. Very ordinary.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:12 Fri 3 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Rooney looks best when he's got a free roam and he goes outside (and others can come inside). Central is a waste for everyone.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:30 Fri 3 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
That took far too long, we've looked better with the subs on. Playing with some urgency! Now hold on.
the__priest
the__priest
00:40 Fri 3 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Wilshire did well

guess a wins a win

but a big improvement required
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
03:25 Fri 3 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Be interesting see what Roy Keane had to say about England's dismal performance tonight especially after his comments about own team LOL.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:26 Sat 11 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
C'mon Switzerland!!
Albania look very ordinary even Panama from the Copa America look better.

Unlucky not to score just then though, good save by Sommer.

Edited at 14:34 Sat 11/06/16 (BST)
_gerardddd_
_gerardddd_
19:20 Sat 11 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Was waiting on that match for both teams to score ffs Albania had a few good spells, played decent football only problem they had apart from the sending off is not one of their players could finish their dinner nevermind finishing a good chance, terrible misses
_gerardddd_
_gerardddd_
19:22 Sat 11 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Think the Slovakia and Bales match will finish a draw, England should beat Russia
the__priest
the__priest
22:29 Sat 11 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
fingers crossed

Wales have started with 3 points we need to do it now
the__priest
the__priest
11:05 Sun 12 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
unreal really
how many chances did we miss

but the positive is simple we were class all over the pitch

maybe one exception Sterling didn't do enough for me
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
14:05 Sun 12 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Roy Hodgson stuffed that up. Kane was knackered and couldn't run, took Rooney off for Wilshere and Sterling (eventually) for Milner. Both subs were defensive which only encouraged Russia with their height advantage to launch the ball into the penalty area.

Should have subbed out Sterling immediately as he's over rated and imo crap for possibly Rashford or Sturridge and Kane off for Vardy. Inject some pace and more Attacking options, get a 2 goal cushion then sub out Rooney. He played very well plus Eric Dier was great throughout so why was there any need to go even more defensive?

I think England will beat Wales but it will be a fiesty match. Russia will bribe Slovakia lol so it will come down too England vs Slovakia. I expect England and Russia to qualify but Wales to advance with one of the best 3rd places too.

Turkey 1 vs 2 Croatia
Poland to beat N.Ireland 2-0 today and
Germany to win 3-0 vs Ukraine are my predictions
_niall_
_niall_
15:12 Sun 12 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Tournament has already been completely overshadowed by what's been going on in Marseille. Absolutely disgusting behaviour by fans on all three sides (French locals included), particularly the Russians who managed to make their way there undetected and dressed to cause mayhem. Though from what I've seen and read, the English fans are certainly no angels either.

Anyway I'm off to Paris tonight for 2 days to enjoy the peaceful, fun and friendly atmosphere that follows my country's fans wherever we go. COYBIG.
the__priest
the__priest
15:16 Sun 12 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
the biggest worry I have about it all
was the fact Russians were still able to take flares and obviously a massive firework to make that explosion

height of a national emergency

UNREAL
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:05 Sun 12 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I think if the same scenes occur vs Wales then as a punishment or deterrent England be removed from the competition. I think and agree the behaviour of the fans is nothing but a disgrace. Northern Ireland fans got caught up with Polish ones last night too in Nice, if this is how supporting your country is going to be represented then adequate sanctions need to be put in place.

If fans cannot behave then they have to stop the team from taking part, harsh on many decent and respectable fans but scenes like the Russians and Marseille Ultras Attacking Ordinary fans after the game whilst trying to vacate the stadium.... Is it really worth it!?

I have to ask...with the history of fans from Marseille, I believe that's the same place the Tottenham fans were set upon a few seasons back why was a match with England even permitted to be staged there? Asking for trouble straight away! The match should have been relocated to another venue imo. All this terror threat etc and they play in Marseille which even has its own harbour...genius!

Edited at 14:15 Sun 12/06/16 (BST)
immortal
immortal
18:20 Sun 12 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Im not an England fan but i watched the game last night and too walk away with a draw with horrendous. England dominated period. For the Rooney haters though you must be eating your words as he was of the best on the field last night, always tracking back and even had a few pops at goal, unlucky too see the volley go straight to the keeper though and his chance in second half was met by a great save.

Russia should not be any where near a Euro or World Cup period. They have the dirtiest league in the world and they are all crazy. Go back through the years and all it is is fighting and what not from them, they don't support their team they support the fighting. Putin will be proud of them at least i guess.

I think Kane was marked really well at times, he looked knackered 15 minutes into the game, Vardy was warming up for well over half an hour and did not even get a sniff. Wilshere can play Sterlings role very well so not sure why he replaced Rooney instead as Rooney was making the chances. Danny Rose was brilliant.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

European Championships 2016

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.