European Championships 2016

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:07 Wed 22 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
England have had 78 attempts on goal and only managed 3 goals, shocking lol.

I think Croatia could be the underdogs in this comp, they are playing some great football, played great against Spain tonight without Modric as well, what did you make of De gea's performance Ash lol, he had an absolute shocker tonight.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
04:35 Wed 22 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Wasn't his greatest performance...kinda emulated the start of his Man United career tbh, I do think the 2nd goal took a deflection but he still should have saved with his hands than opting with his feet. I also think Pique and Ramos weren't much good neither tbh - them 3 had an off match.

I agree with Croatia being very good and scarily winning without the likes of Modric but i still think Germany are the team to beat and my dark horses were Belgium but changed now. Watch out for Italy. They have been the most surprising team imo - usually the Italiens play slow, languid even boring football and only focus on their defense. Not this competition they ain't, Giaccherini is like a new player from how he played this season with Sunderland, Candreva looks a very good player and Sturaro along with Eder inject some more quality with Pelle too. They are my outsiders, they can beat Spain in the next phase of the tournament.

De Gea will be back to his best soon enough...if not...then i'm sure he'll be awesome for MUFC next season.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:46 Sat 25 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
What a goal by Shaqiri!!! - Simple AWESOME!!!
scottyjr
scottyjr
22:27 Sat 25 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
What do you expect from a Stokie
kris
kris
00:18 Sun 26 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
What do you expect from a Stokie

lol
immortal
immortal
02:02 Sun 26 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Wales
Poland
Portugal

All through to quarters today. Some late late goals again though and a penalty shoot out. Ive been backing Wales since the start so nice to see them progress further.

If i was a betting man i would say England beat Iceland and then Quarter final draw will magically be England v Wales...
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
02:59 Sun 26 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Portugal have drawn all 4 games, has a team ever won a major tournament without winning a game? They look awful. I can't see any of the teams through today winning it.

Bring on the exciting Hungary vs Star Studded flops. Fancy Hungarys chances, though now I've said that they'll get hammered!

Germany should win fairly comfortably, France might struggle but I'd expect them to get through, England won't do it easy but should still go through. Italy vs Spain I'm expecting 0-0 but I couldn't say who'd go through.

Gotta admit, I don't expect we'll be seeing too many goals, very defensive tournament so far.
scottyjr
scottyjr
11:15 Sun 26 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Wales
Poland
Portugal

All through to quarters today. Some late late goals again though and a penalty shoot out. Ive been backing Wales since the start so nice to see them progress further.

If i was a betting man i would say England beat Iceland and then Quarter final draw will magically be England v Wales...

Draw is done for rest of tournament. If England go through they will play Ireland or France. Won't see Wales until final now.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
22:02 Mon 27 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Wasn't his greatest performance...kinda emulated the start of his Man United career tbh, I do think the 2nd goal took a deflection but he still should have saved with his hands than opting with his feet. I also think Pique and Ramos weren't much good neither tbh - them 3 had an off match.

I agree with Croatia being very good and scarily winning without the likes of Modric but i still think Germany are the team to beat and my dark horses were Belgium but changed now. Watch out for Italy. They have been the most surprising team imo - usually the Italiens play slow, languid even boring football and only focus on their defense. Not this competition they ain't, Giaccherini is like a new player from how he played this season with Sunderland, Candreva looks a very good player and Sturaro along with Eder inject some more quality with Pelle too. They are my outsiders, they can beat Spain in the next phase of the tournament.

De Gea will be back to his best soon enough...if not...then i'm sure he'll be awesome for MUFC next season.

Great result by Italy vs Spain - well played.
kris
kris
23:09 Mon 27 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Go Iceland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:55 Tue 28 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Go Iceland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go england!!!!!!!!
horse10000
horse10000
01:00 Tue 28 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Anyone but England does it again

Well done Iceland you can go back to selling your frozen food now

Edited at 22:04 Mon 27/06/16 (BST)
kris
kris
01:06 Tue 28 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
So sour Keith...
_huts24_
_huts24_
01:06 Tue 28 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
bloody alwful match , England look utterly crap tonight . shameful
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
01:52 Tue 28 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
England didn't lose that match - to lose means to apply some effort - they were abysmal...no effort exerted only with 5 minutes to go (Rashford) did England try to take the game to Iceland.

Thank goodness Hodgson's gone - maybe he should have announced it before the competition started it might have given England something to TRY and fight for/towards. More fight tonight in a dazed wasp after being Zapped.

Shoddy is an understatement - Gareth Southgate is NOT the person to take them on - they need someone with some guile, gumption, passion, not afraid to make changes and say it how it really is - maybe a Tim Sherwood or dare I even say it Roy Keane type of character.

Germany to win the Competition vs Belgium in the Final.
the__priest
the__priest
20:12 Tue 28 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
54-1 to one £25
-I for Italy

-2 for England

1-0 up sat thinking get in
thinking how to spend my £1,350,00

then bosh bosh

simply gutted, that we lost and my bet
kris
kris
21:02 Tue 28 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
54-1 to one £25
-I for Italy

-2 for England

then bosh bosh

so England managed only a draw against Slovakia, scored 3 goals in 3 games before that and then suddenly you expected them to win 3-0 against Iceland?!?

that makes no sense what so ever to me mate
but well done guessing the -1 on Italy... mustve been great odds.
mightypot000
mightypot000
06:35 Wed 29 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
quarter final predictions

poland v portugal - draw
germany v italy - draw
france v iceland- france
wales v belgium- belgium (wil be close though draw has a good shout)
mightypot000
mightypot000
06:41 Wed 29 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
54-1 to one £25
-I for Italy

-2 for England

then bosh bosh

i feel your pain mate, i had :

france v republice of ireland- france to win
italy v spain - italy to win
germany v slovakia- germany to win
hungary v belgium- belgium to win
croatia v portugal- croatia double chance win/draw
wales v norn iron - wales to win

was looking forward for the £500 pay out but my gut instinct was telling me your going to lose

and it was right, england lost

always the last team left on my acca loses i was going to cash out at 1-0 up after we scored the pen but they equalised after 2 mins
kris
kris
22:29 Thu 30 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
my predictions

poland v portugal - poland to q
germany v italy - draw
france v iceland- over 2,5 goals
wales v belgium- belgium
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

European Championships 2016