Boxing 2016!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
21:25 Wed 2 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Some great fights coming up guys, let's talk boxing!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
22:00 Wed 2 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Canelo vs Khan - Ouch - I'm gonna enjoy Canelo smashing him up lol - Is Amir Khan really a Middleweight boxer?

AJ vs Charles Martin - I think AJ will win but then meet his match I'm afraid in Joseph Parker.

Thoughts Lewis mate? (letsgochamp)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
21:44 Thu 3 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hell no, I love this fight but it's a bit crazy, all I can think about is how hard Canelo hits lol.

AJ will take care of Martin fairly quick IMO, I've watched a bit of Martin, he's a good counter puncher and has decent power, but AJ will be far too physically imposing I think.

Klitschko will edge a close (probably controversial) decision this time and retire.

Proper breakdowns to come on these closer to the actual fights.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
21:51 Thu 3 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lucas Browne vs Ruslan Chagaev this weekend,

Browne a 5-2 underdog in this, a bit of money to be made here I reckon. Browne is younger, much bigger and stronger and has a lot of drive for this fight. Chagaev has deteriorated a bit now but he is the more skillful or the two I reckon, and my head is saying he should win this, but I'm going with my heart on this. Browne by late KO!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
04:49 Sat 5 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Difficult to call this fight mate - I think Chagaev will be too good for the Aussie but I also like Browne and his added motivation is he wants Anthony Joshua afterwards. So he's going to want to make a statement - I think that might bring his downfall and Chagaev to win for me.

Hopefully will be a great fight tho.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
10:25 Sat 5 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I can see him taking a lot of punishment at the start but Lucas will impose his size and strength and as the fight goes on it will wear Chagaev out, 6ft 4, 255lbs compared to 6ft 1 210lbs is a huge difference. I know there's only a year between them but Chagaev has had 37 fights and been in there with the worlds best HW's, that's a lot of wear and tear for a HW, Browne on the other hand has only had 23 fights and hasn't taken any beatings yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chagaev took this on points but I have a feeling Browne will pull it off.
punkpoet
punkpoet
10:49 Sat 5 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I can see him taking a lot of punishment at the start but Lucas will impose his size and strength and as the fight goes on it will wear Chagaev out, 6ft 4, 255lbs compared to 6ft 1 210lbs is a huge difference. I know there's only a year between them but Chagaev has had 37 fights and been in there with the worlds best HW's, that's a lot of wear and tear for a HW, Browne on the other hand has only had 23 fights and hasn't taken any beatings yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chagaev took this on points but I have a feeling Browne will pull it off.

your sons abit young to box? lol
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
11:11 Sat 5 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  

your sons abit young to box? lol

I've already taught him the jab left hook combo
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
11:15 Sat 5 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Also Eggington vs Skete, haven't watched either of these tbh, but I put money on Eggington haha

Edited at 09:19 Sat 05/03/16 (GMT)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
11:37 Sat 5 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I've seen Eggington fight mate and he didnt impress me much at all. He has a good array of talent but I'm thinking the pressure on him being at home Birmingham could get to him and Skeete' only defeat was against Frankie Gavin.

Neither has a good KO record so wouldn't be surprised if this went all the way to points and Skeete for me to edge it.

_knightmare_
_knightmare_
03:53 Sun 6 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well well! Well Done Lewis mate you were right with Lucas Browne stopping Chagaev late on (10th Round) & I was right about Skeete winning on points in Eggington's home town Birmingham.

What a punch by Browne in the 10th proper knocked him over - then restarted and battered the Russian.

Very good fight - Browne looked like he was losing it especially in Round 6

Edited at 02:09 Sun 06/03/16 (GMT)
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
05:14 Sun 6 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well well! Well Done Lewis mate you were right with Lucas Browne stopping Chagaev late on (10th Round) & I was right about Skeete winning on points in Eggington's home town Birmingham.

What a punch by Browne in the 10th proper knocked him over - then restarted and battered the Russian.

Very good fight - Browne looked like he was losing it especially in Round 6

Edited at 02:09 Sun 06/03/16 (GMT)

What a load of crap I bet on the 11th haha
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
14:24 Mon 7 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lol
Tell you what that Gamal Yafai is some boxer mate. His fight vs Jenkinson was brilliant.

The clash of heads though nearly stopped the fight, glad it didn't.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
20:31 Mon 7 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah I bet on him too but it was part of a 3 way bet so didn't win anything lol.

What a weekend of upsets in the fight game

Browne beating Chagaev
Vargas beating Ali
Skete beating Eggington
Diaz beating Mcgregor
Tate beating Holm

What's the next big upset coming our way?
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:33 Mon 7 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Martin to beat AJ
Nah but you never know.

Whyte did catch him and dazed him for a bit.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
23:31 Mon 7 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Martin to beat AJ
Nah but you never know.

Whyte did catch him and dazed him for a bit.

AJ will have to be careful and pick his shots well, if he just walks straight into Martin he will get his chin tested, this is the kinda fight where AJ will have to think his way through, wouldn't surprise me if it went into the mid/late rounds.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
01:10 Tue 8 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don'y know mate - I have a sneaky suspicion AJ will launch an attack straight away and either the referee stop it or Martin will hit the canvass very early.

I think the animosity and pretty much dislike AJ and Whyte had between each other (plus his only defeat in the Amatuers) encouraged the fight to last as long as it did. I think AJ will want to make a massive statement and who better to do it in front of than David Haye who I reckon will be working for Sky Sports that evening lol. (Punditry)

I think Martin will be blown apart.

Either that OR - he faces his 1st defeat as a Pro - tough fight but I'm gonna go with my first inkling.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
19:53 Mon 14 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don'y know mate - I have a sneaky suspicion AJ will launch an attack straight away and either the referee stop it or Martin will hit the canvass very early.

I think the animosity and pretty much dislike AJ and Whyte had between each other (plus his only defeat in the Amatuers) encouraged the fight to last as long as it did. I think AJ will want to make a massive statement and who better to do it in front of than David Haye who I reckon will be working for Sky Sports that evening lol. (Punditry)

I think Martin will be blown apart.

Either that OR - he faces his 1st defeat as a Pro - tough fight but I'm gonna go with my first inkling.

It could go a number of ways tbh, but Martin has a punchers chance in this just purely because of his counter punching skills, I'll have to give this one a think before coming to a final verdict.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
19:54 Mon 14 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wilder vs Povetkin looks to be set, is this going to be the end of Wilder?
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Boxing 2016!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.