Boxing 2016!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
kirk
kirk
15:34 Tue 19 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Guys check out Guillermo Rigondeaux, he is something special.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:39 Tue 19 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah he is, that punch on Jazza D1ckens seemed a little innocuous but proper broke his jaw...wow. His movement (stealth like) reminded me of how Chris Eubank Snr used to move. Accurate and doesn't really exert any wasted punches and energy.

Very good boxer I agree kirk. I still prefer GGG, AJ and Roman Gonzalez though. My Three favourite boxers.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
14:24 Sat 30 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Frampton vs Santa Cruz tonight

Speaking of Rigo, these are the two guys that blatantly avoided him, and they are both fighting eachother tonight!

I'm picking Santa Cruz to win this, Frampton is good at a certain pace and is probably the more skilled, but I think Santa Cruz's activity and volume will be too much.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
14:34 Sat 30 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Ooo we disagree lol, I think Frampton will be too powerful and Santa Cruz will be a little erratic and get caught. I think it will go down to a points decision with Frampton being the victor. Rigondeaux will easily beat both tbh too, can see why they are avoiding him.

Cracking fight Night live tonight: Warrington BS Hyland (failed the weigh in lol) so no title on the line. Whyte vs Allen, I can't choose between them, Whyte probably has rhe more power but Allen can move and frustrate Dillian. For some reason I think Whyte will win. I think the fight of the night will be Nurse vs Coyle though and I can see Coyle knocking him out.

Another very good Undercard tonight with the likes of Campbell, Nurse etc:

Josh Warrington v Patrick Hyland : 12 Rnds Featherweight
Dillian Whyte v David Allen : 10 Rnds Heavyweight
Luke Campbell v Argenis Mendez : 12 Rnds Lightweight
Tyrone Nurse v Tommy Coyle : British Super-Lightweight Title

First Direct Arena, Leeds , Sky Sports 1 HD (20:30)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:47 Sat 30 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
13:57 Sun 31 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Frampton gets a majority decision!

I had Cruz winning this fight by 6 rounds to 5 with the last been even. Many people saying Frampton won clearly though, it was a close fight but I certainly couldn't find any more than 6 rounds for Frampton in this.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
14:59 Sun 31 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Even though I predicted Frampton to win on Points, I actually had it as a draw overall. No one deserved to lose what was a brilliant fight. Frampton started off winning the first three rounds but then Santa Cruz started to find his range and started catching Frampton for fun and easily levelled the contest.

Both fighters exchanged blow after blow whether be to the body or head and come the final bell there was nothing to separate them. A rematch has to be done and in Belfast...wow what a spectacle that will be.

I didn't agree with Nurse beating Coyle tbh neither, okay Coyle's face was battered but he imo always seemed to be one punch ahead and his work rate alone deserved a draw in that fight. Allen vs Whyte: Allen was way out of his depth, Whyte dictated the pace and was hitting him with everything but the kitchen sink. Apart from him appearing to be knackered in the middle rounds he was quite impressive.

Campbell hitting the canvass again...he appears to have lost some of the spark. ruthlessness and clinical accuracy we used to associate with his fights. He's not been the same fighter since the lost to Yvan Mendy...hope he rekindles that tbh. Josh Warrington vs Patrick Hyland...another fight where Josh outboxed, outclassed and dictated throughout. We have to see him fight Lee Selby next...it has to be set up soon for the fans and our demands.

Overall: A very good boxing night apart from two results which should have resulted as a draw though IMO.
the__priest
the__priest
21:31 Sun 31 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
great night of boxing my pick had to be the way
Josh Warrington and Patrick Hyland
showed so much respect all the way through to each other

and Warrington was class
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
23:11 Mon 1 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Shame I missed the card, sounded like a good one.
hustler_1987
hustler_1987
19:01 Mon 29 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Kell Brook vs Gennady Golovkin

I have a 5 pound bet with my mate that Brook will win, after doing some research i think i'm gonna be a fiver down lol
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:23 Mon 29 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL - I reckon Golovkin will just add Kell Brook to his KO'd pile, 22 in a row so far....soon to be 23. (Be a late stoppage around 8/9th round)

He won't be able to sustain his power and accuracy - All i keep reading is Kell Brook's trying to increase his power....with power should come some guile and skill too. Golovkin isn't stupid and i think Kell Brook's in for a rude awakening.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
03:03 Sun 11 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Unlucky Kell Brook - caught GGG a couple of times but I never felt once Golovkin lost control of the bout. I called the broken eye socket in Round 2 as you could visibly see Kell Brook keep touching his face with his glove. Brook was lucky to survive the 1st Round tbh - but he did well and caught GG with a few uppercuts.

What was scary though is apart from the 1st round where GGG got caught no other contacts appeared to phase him....he just walked through Brooks attacks and combos.

I think GGG will kill Billie Joe Saunders tbh - Brook should fight Canelo next after he's beaten Liam Smith next weekend.

Aslso have to say the scoring in the Haskins vs Hall match were a joke - I had Haskins win by 1 Round. not 116-112. Also pleased Edwards lost to Casemiro that kids been a bit to c ocky for my liking so 'Pride Comes Before a Fall!'
kirk
kirk
04:07 Sun 11 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Pretty much agree with everything you said. Clever game by Kell brook, was never gonna win but goes away a hero for trying anyway. Now I love floyd mayweather, his boxing skills were second to none and his defence is probably the best boxing has seen but GGG will be a more exciting fighter to watch in years to come simply because of that raw knockout power.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:29 Mon 12 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
What a great 5 rounds ....credit due to Kell Brook ....GGG is an animal and will not lose for next 5 years or more
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
13:56 Sun 20 Nov 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
How did A.Ward be given that decision? S.Kovalev won that even if the decider was the knockdown in the 2nd Round. Another episode of corrupt judges, ALL 3 judges were American and surprise surprise they all awarded the American boxer 114-113 the victory.

How can all judges be from the same Country which match one of the 2 fighters anyhow? Surely in the Internet of fairness 1 from USA, 1 from Russia and another from a different Country would have been more suitable?

Ridiculous decision and whoever agreed to this lineup needs firing immediately. Hope they get a rematch and it happens in Russia just to balance the unnecessary biased approach.

I had it 116-112, the knockdown winning Round 2 10-8, Kovalev started brilliantly, did fade a bit near the end but he always had a response to anything Ward threw at him.
jacko
jacko
15:55 Sun 20 Nov 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
match of opinions
i thought he won easily

yes it was close, but Kovalev landed nothing, cleanest punches
ward all day

one round was probably it

youve got to say how many devided opinions there was
as for the judges they are agreed in the contractual terms
so to me all fair, you have a point but it wouldve been agreed
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
22:12 Mon 21 Nov 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I thought there were a lot of close rounds and I guess some people look for different things in these close rounds which divides opinion. I had Ward winning by one point in the end. You have to understand that Kovalev didn't win a CLEAR round from round 2. I gave him a few of the close rounds but most I gave to Ward.

I was very impressed with Kovalev's ability to outbox Ward at mid range. He made Ward look sloppy and wide with his offense at times, Kovalev was definitely the sharper fighter early. Going into this I thought Ward would be the one with the options and Kovalev's only chance would be to walk through Ward's punches and walk him down and beat him up, but everytime Ward threw punches at mid range Kovalev was getting there first, and it turned out Ward was the one that had to grit his teeth and come forward and walk through some shots to get inside Kovalev's offense and make it an ugly inside fight.

I was also impressed with Ward facing adversity by getting off the canvas and going on to make it a competitive fight, it took a lot of heart and it certainly wasn't easy, I think his trainer was awesome on the night and gave some top advice and I think that was a big part of Ward winning this fight. I was also impressed by what Ward was doing early, not many people were noticing but those shots to the mid section, although seemingly ineffective at the time would have really taken it out of Kovalev through the course of the fight.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
22:14 Mon 21 Nov 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I was also impressed with Kovalev sticking to his game plan and making the last 4 rounds tough for Ward after the daunting mid period of the fight.

I think these two definitely brought out the best in each other and I can't wait for the rematch.
jacko
jacko
23:13 Mon 21 Nov 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
he will be kicking himself for not letting loose
i think
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
03:48 Sat 10 Dec 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Boxing 2016!!!