Scottish Football

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
immortal
immortal
01:38 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Wanted too know what are people's thoughts going into the showdown Old Firm game tomorrow in the cup?

Being a Rangers fan i will be backing Rangers of course but i can see it possibly being a tight game, maybe a few nerves from both sides too as it is the biggest rivalry in football and not many of the players on both sides have experienced that... I think the confidence sticks with Rangers though given our fantastic season which see's us back into the Scottish Prem next season, our fan support has been unreal as well which can play its part. Given the lack of great results that Celtic have been bringing in on the pitch and in the stands i think they might struggle too get into the game for a while. We have a great team but sadly going too miss out Waghorn due too injury although been speculated that he may play.

I could see either team winning on the field though and going by past Old Firm games a team will win as not many games have ended in a draw. My prediction is 3 - 1 too Rangers.
watchinawe
watchinawe
02:47 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Been so excited about this game since the draw was made. Rangers are my 2nd team behind Chelsea, but I've followed their matches more closely since they went to 3rd Division. I think they can win this match, especially if they play as well as they did against Dundee.

Celtic are a mediocre team in a mediocre league. I have a feeling the atmosphere will get to them, especially as most of that team are only used to playing in front of the Green Seat Brigade
immortal
immortal
02:58 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Soon as Rangers were demoted the Scottish Prem took a down hill spiral. Don't actually think that all the others team realised what voting out Rangers would do, they been paying the price for it since then if you ask me. Too combat that they tried to get our history written off and where unsuccessful in doing that.

Celtic have indeed messed up since then as they think oh we will just cruise it, that has hardly been the case though. Most of there team is unsettled and if you ask me it is because of their manager, he is the biggest tool bag of a manager i have ever seen and that is saying something when he out classed Moyes at Man United

People try too debate it but it is there in black in white that Rangers are the most successful club in the world too this date, does not matter what league a team plays in it is football and professional level. I am 95% positive that Rangers will add too that number tomorrow and go on too win the cup.

The game is huge and it shows, ticket price at concession is £7. Some fans who can not go have sold there tickets for upwards of £300. Its a grudge match and it will be good. Speaking of ticket pricing, English teams need too take a leaf out of our book and decrease there pricing, Premier league has turned into money league lets be fair.
watchinawe
watchinawe
15:50 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
What a game so far. Rangers have totally bossed it. I really thought it would be Celtic putting on the most pressure, but they've looked a little clueless so far.

Patrick Roberts My Granny could have scored that!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:08 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Great Equaliser, bullet header.
watchinawe
watchinawe
17:02 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Boom! What a goal from Barrie McKay
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:45 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Rangers deserved to win, McKay was the best player on the pitch and what a screamer he scored...awesome strike.

Celtic never capitalised on any Rangers errors in the Shootout so fair play to Rangers. They should beat Hibernian now in the Final too.
_gerardddd_
_gerardddd_
17:53 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
They're both brown town lol
watchinawe
watchinawe
17:54 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
My nerves are shot after that lol. That has to be the most enjoyable Old Firm match I've ever watched. I was dreading the prospect of penalties. Thought it was all over when Tav missed. Well done Rangers
immortal
immortal
18:55 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah i agree mate, i have been too and watched a lot of Old Firm games and that was probably the most enjoyable one from my memory. Was just a classic oh we will let your run and you let us run kind of game. Had a feeling we would score first as we dominated the first half in every aspect. Nice goal from King Kenny as well. Think Celtic controlled most of the second at at times but made a lot of errors. They knew Rangers were going too run at them all game and that is what we done, they handled it better in second half. McKay goal was pure class right in the top bins.

I was literally on the edge off my seat, hands on face looking through my fingers when it went too penalties. Great result for us though which just helps our confidence on the 21st May but also too see out the rest of the season on good form. We missed the likes of Waghorn but come the final he should be back which gives us more threat up front with Miller.

You think this could spell the end of Delia? (god knows how too spell it) I think he might be sacked come season end, he does more talking trash than anything else, stuff he came out with days before the game was ridiculous.
watchinawe
watchinawe
19:44 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I think Deila will be sacked at the end of this season. Lawwell would have expected no less than a domestic treble and a Champions League group run. That's 2 years in a row they've failed to do that. My bet is they'll get rid of Deila and maybe try to bring in David Moyes for next season.
the__priest
the__priest
21:50 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
great win

it seemed to me Celtic expected to win
go it badly wrong

looks like Rangers are back
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
21:55 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Neil Lennon unemployed now after Bolton Wanderers debacle?

Could he replace Deila?
watchinawe
watchinawe
22:42 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Seen this on twitter earlier....

Posted Image

Someone painted the Gallowgate area of Glasgow blue, red and white....right outside a well known Celtic pub
immortal
immortal
23:21 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Seen that earlier bud

Neil Lennon won't be manager again, he lost way too much respect during his last season or two with them and got booted. In my eyes Legends of a certain club should not take over anything... same happened with McCoist, he done great for season or two then it all went downhill. Legends should stay legends that is it.
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
23:59 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
What a fantastic result for Rangers, and let's be honest a much need for Scottish football. Rangers back in the top flight was needed even for Celtic.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:02 Wed 20 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Neil Lennon or Roy Keane for Celtic....I reckon Keane...he won't take no crap.
immortal
immortal
20:23 Wed 20 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Neither...

Lennon won't go back, the fan's certainly don't want him as a manager. As for Keane that is just silly if you ask me, they want a decent manager and Roy in my eyes don't have the best record for that.
watchinawe
watchinawe
22:33 Wed 20 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Didn't Keane turn down the Celtic job 2 years ago?
immortal
immortal
22:35 Wed 20 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes there is that as well. Managing an old firm team ain't no walk in the park especially with the pressure it involves hence why teams usually hold on too a manager for years
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Scottish Football

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.