11:07 Sun 29 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
budweiser
budweiser
11:12 Sun 29 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
http://java-web-start.software.informer.com/6.0/

Cons:
It will run very slow with multi tabs open at once through your web browser

Pros:
It can overcome several compatibility issues with browsers Java plugins and different versions of JVM.

Includes Java platform security features, thus maintaining the state of your data and files

A single application that can be made available on a Web Server and deployed on a number of platforms.

Allows user to run applications safely, especially from untrusted sources.
the__priest
the__priest
15:10 Sun 29 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
will the site still crash do you think when java plugins are finally withdrawn

it looks to me like it will

fingers crossed I hope
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:15 Sun 29 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Why would it crash just because Oracle stop Java plugin support. The previous version releases will still be available.

I keep reading people mentioning Oracle and Java being rendered useless and stopping. I really don't think those people are fully aware of what could happen or what implications it may have or not on this site.

The fact Java 8 Update 31 is the recommended version only goes to show and emphasise how whatever Oracle decide their plan of action to be shouldn't cause any trouble for us. We already use and recommend a Java version which is way past its expiration date...yet it still works.

The only time this site will be inaccessible will be if and when ALL browsers including IE (Internet Explorer) cease all functionality with Java or ANY plugins. Java is a plugin, it used to work on Google Chrome for a short period of time under the NPAPI...now they don't support any plugins. (Same with Opera which went first)

Mozilla Firefox have expressed their plans to follow suit so there's another browser soon to be useless with Java. Torch browser haven't stated their intentions not that I'm aware of but they are so prone to malware attacks and vulnerability it's best to steer clear. Comodo IceDragon still works and Internet Explorer haven't said they'll be stopping plugins themselves.

So if IE continue to support plugins then Google, Firefox, Vivaldi & others can still use Java all be it with the IE TAB workaround.

The game can still be played!
the__priest
the__priest
18:39 Sun 29 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
long winded way of saying no it wont

but cheers Ash, for the long winded version
much appreciated
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Java does this help users

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.