the__priest
22:22 Sat 13 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
they had last 20 mins
but we made a good game of it

roll on boro next week
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:51 Sat 13 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
After the first day, the favourites for the drop are topping the table whilst the Champions are flitting in the lower echelons of the table. Sounds like last season .

United to play Bournemouth tomorrow, they should win. But I would hope to see an improvement on that snooze fest in the community shield. Arsenal Vs Liverpool should be a cracker (though that usual means a bore draw will happen). I'm worried because it almost looks set up for us to win that one with Arsenal's centre back problems and our goal scoring record this calendar year. Us to win but both to score?
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
02:38 Sun 14 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Arsenal and Liverpool will be a very good match but both will cancel each other out and i can see it being a 1-1 draw, if not then Liverpool could run riot especially with Arsenal's present defensive frailties.

United will be too good for Bournemouth tomorrow and i expect a good solid performance going forward....still dodgy in defence....a Varane or Manolas would be awesome....not a Jose Fonte fan.

Mourinho's 1st proper match in charge - he will want to make a statement just like we have with Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Bailly and the world class Zlatan.

C'mon United!!!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:33 Sun 14 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
At this rate Moreno's going to get ripped to shreds by Walcott and end up getting sent off...or taken off by Klopp.
the__priest
the__priest
20:00 Sun 14 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
United looked good today
there so much more physical than ive seen for a long long time

skill levels are there too, without Pogba wow
_huts24_
_huts24_
20:50 Sun 14 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Arsenal 3 vs 4 Liverpool !!!!

cmon Liverpool
silent_phil
silent_phil
21:00 Sun 14 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Arsenal 3 vs 4 Liverpool !!!!

cmon Liverpool

Slept and missed it..Liverpool 4-1 up at one stage? Yesssssss
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
21:16 Sun 14 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL Only Liverpool fans can be satisfied with a 4-3 win...don't get me wrong you looked very impressive going forward and Coutinho is a brilliant player who links up great with Firmino & Mane but you still couldn't defend for toffee. (and that's no link to Everton).

Liverpool winning 4-3 is something to be proud of though but if you continue to play Moreno I dread to think what your Goals conceded tally will be come the end of the season. Arsenal were the ones with the supposed defensive issues....from my perspective...it appeared both were as bad as each other.

United need another defender and I've been the first to mention our frailty hopefully we get Varane in soon. Oh and one last thing Alberto Moreno is just pure class ()....keep playing him every week and you'll continue to concede every fixture.....he's useless and has been for some considerable time.

Still nevertheless a good 3 points AWAY @ The Emirates so well done on that.

United are Top of the League...lol well for the 1st week anyway as i cannot see Chelsea or West Ham winning more or equal to 3-1 or even bettering it.

#TheMourinhoEffect
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:34 Sun 14 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
A win at Bournemouth and the title is yours?

Regardless, that was our worst ground to play at in terms of results. Great comeback, but typically we can't hold a lead. At least we're actually scoring the goals when we get instead of doing everything but. Still top goal scorers in 2016 in the prem, so it might be back to the old "we can score more than we concede". If that's our worst ground, then surely we can have a successful season.

It was well documented we still have defensive issues, it doesn't go away with new signings unless they prove it. Moreno at fault for the pen and first goal, a deflected second goal was straight at the keeper and the third had a hint of offside but we should be attacking those aerial balls still. But we coped under pressure very well to keep the win. Fantastic individual goals by Coutinho and Mane and then a perfect team goal too, and it could've been more. Should be in contention for goal of the month with one of those so far.

Moreno was awful last season and cost us a lot, Milners injury gave him a place today but we have to sign a new left back. Hector, yes please. But if not then at leads just a solid left back. Moreno seems to constantly think he's in midfield with the challenges he puts in and the space he leaves.

A 4-3 win against Arsenal is better than a 3-1 win to Bournemouth anyway
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:35 Sun 14 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh and I backed us at 14-5 a few weeks ago with a £5 free bet. Those odds were huge for us (I even thought 2-1 was massively generous since most neutrals expected a draw or tight Arsenal win).
_huts24_
_huts24_
21:45 Sun 14 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Agree a 4-3 away win vs Arsenal is the best Result of the season so far in my view . To have a big team away is always hard but to score 4 past them shows Real class and very impressive start .

I havent seen the match yet so cant comment on defenders ect but This season i can see Liverpool scoring tons of Goals with the players we have .

I do agree we need to replace Moreno quick he makes to many mistakes and as zante said he done all that last season too !
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:36 Sun 14 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Game of the (very short) season, result of the season has to be Hull beating Leicester.
the__priest
the__priest
18:11 Sat 20 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
good result for man city
loved that song they were singing

ul Liam
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:49 Sat 20 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Game of the (very) short season has to be Burnley beating Liverpool 2-0.

Did anyone predict this result???
the__priest
the__priest
23:36 Sat 20 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
well done Burnley

both Manchesters are looking good

got to say, Utd have vastly improved
they looked great with Pogba

big game tomorrow a must win for Sunderland
_huts24_
_huts24_
11:32 Sun 21 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Game of the (very) short season has to be Burnley beating Liverpool 2-0.

Did anyone predict this result???

After Liverpool beating Arsenal last week , think everyone Expected another win for Liverpool vs burnley lol .. to have 81 % of possession and 26 shots to there 3 and lose is very bad .
the__priest
the__priest
12:07 Sun 21 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Burnley must have done a great deal of homework

we need to win today
off up there today
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:34 Sun 21 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
You only beat Arsenal due to both teams having shoddy defences, still nearly threw that game away also. Against a well drilled and organised team Liverpool struggled and that's why you lost to Burnley.
the__priest
the__priest
21:54 Sun 21 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
simply gutted

and a massive headache to boot
_niall_
_niall_
22:50 Sun 21 Aug 16 (BST)  [Link]  
well done Burnley

both Manchesters are looking good

got to say, Utd have vastly improved
they looked great with Pogba

big game tomorrow a must win for Sunderland

A must win game 2 games in to the season?? Eh? Does this mean Sunderland are down now?
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2016 / 2017 Season

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.