Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:02 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
@ Ash

It's not that we don't like it but fact is Java is crumbling and all browsers will eventually make Java obsolete therefore making this site obsolete as well and been no real progress or updates to prevent it, We can advertise but if nothing is done, the site will die.

Fact is Nick has been the cause of the problem, i'm not being personal when i say this but Java still needs sorting, You yourself said Funky could be coded in another language which Nick could have possibly done and people have wanted a competitive Funky game on Phones for years as people go on Phones and ipads rather than Computer and Laptops.

Community page says the same thing that technology hasn't moved on and with the problems, it isn't worth their time, logging in to play.

From a new players perspective, We advertise, They download Java, Find out that barely any members play, Have Freezing issues and more then never return and give Funky a bad review. And saying, New Java may not work, download this before you play wouldn't give me confidence.

^ Had this approved before posting and i can't see any personal attacks above your post.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:02 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Had replies like...

"The problem is nick left it for far too long without any tlc so it is beyond repair now."

"Game is beyond repair like face it, this time next year it wont work full stop i think"

"Miss when the game was good. It will never be what it was so I will never return."

"It will all end when Nick doesn't pay for the certificate renewal. Can't remember if it was 2018 or 2019"

"Something as changed on the site.... remember when Hutch would enter the game room and the opponent would freeze, well that don't happen anymore, so I wonder if Nick has done some server side tweaks on that."

"Damn haven't played this in ages ><"

To me: "Doomed aint the word mate, your <insert word here> soon as both sites die" (did it in a banter kind of way)

^ from community page
_gerardddd_
_gerardddd_
14:30 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Haha maintain his site for YOU or close it down Majority of other people don't have that issue, what's up bub, did you lose

Im sure theres others having issues, not just for me lol, and no, i couldnt even play properly lol and was getting worse in every round of tourney, i wrote that when i won actually.. dont care about winning or losing as long as i can actually get playing a proper game

And ash why who plays everyday? Because i certainly dont lol and dont be telling me what to do lol getting fiesty over the scrap rats, throwing shots there lol

Edit: left a few words out of sentences, wasnt making sense lol

Edited at 15:53 Sun 19/02/17 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:49 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
That being said, i am grateful for everything nick has done on the site from 2003. I joined properly in 2007 and enjoyed it since, i don't enjoy it as much now as members are low and i have to play friends to get a match.
_epicshot_
_epicshot_
15:10 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
People who pay premium have a right to complain. You're buying a product and not receiving what you paid for. I was premium a while ago. If you create a product it is your obligation to deliver the product the customer expects and was told. I do not think when people buy their premium they expect to have to go through loopholes to play this game. I'm not a genius but I'm pretty sure somebody could sue at least in the United States it would have done happened.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:34 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sam sent me this:

Sam: That's fine mate, yes nick has tweaked a few things but I guess he still gets people who pay for premium so it's still ticking on. It will die just don't know when

Me: yeah true, nice to see nick is trying, all members need is an update once in a while from nick or admin to ease their minds as most left due to java and nick not doing updates
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:39 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
People who pay premium have a right to complain. You're buying a product and not receiving what you paid for. I was premium a while ago. If you create a product it is your obligation to deliver the product the customer expects and was told. I do not think when people buy their premium they expect to have to go through loopholes to play this game. I'm not a genius but I'm pretty sure somebody could sue at least in the United States it would have done happened.

Yeah true, Premium is buggy atm as far as i know (maybe wrong but something i heard) that only Nick can activate Premium and if that's true then we have a problem.

At the same time, just by logging in, we are giving Nick cash through Adverts and i heard it's the same if you pay or play free so i don't think Nick will lose out if people don't buy Premium as Premium costs replace the Ads Revenue and you get 5 coloured cues.

Just feel it's a shame Premium didn't offer more like in game recording for example.

I came up with idea a while ago that Nick could have had a Store and made more cues, table skins w/ Patterns and can either pay to have it early or try and earn it for free but the free way has to be difficult.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:39 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
James:

Why the need to target your post @ me? My post wasn't aimed at any one individual more those who see it fit and fair to criticise the owner with much unnecessary negativity.

Agreed people who pay premium are sold the idea by removing the adverts, that's all it clearly offers and the use of 5/6 cues whilst playing. Nowhere does it state you'll be paying for a service and its routine maintenance.

That's where the end users naivety/expectations come in. The fact the site is still accessible & in full working order should be more appreciated than it is imo. When nick created this site he made tweaks for the better and got it to a very good standard, with changing the dimensions of the tables and pockets etc.

This game is solely at its best due to its gameplay, fluidity, realism and simplicity. It's very unfortunate the direction Oracle Java have decided to go but that doesn't mean this site will cease its functionality or accessibility anytime soon. IF and I repeat IF nick has the time to modify, enhance, change the programming language then fantastic but if not players need to reduce their expectations level and just accept the game we all enjoy and spend a lot of our own time on for just what it is and not what we'd like it to become.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:46 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
James:

Why the need to target your post @ me? My post wasn't aimed at any one individual more those who see it fit and fair to criticise the owner with much unnecessary negativity.

^ because you wrote the post, it isn't unnecessary, it's motivation, in life, you need pros and cons, you need motivation and you need constructive criticism because if the members don't speak up, the owner doesn't know what bugs need to be fixed and other things.

It happens on any site you go on, not just here.

Edit for Typo

Edited at 15:57 Sun 19/02/17 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:50 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agreed people who pay premium are sold the idea by removing the adverts, that's all it clearly offers and the use of 5/6 cues whilst playing. Nowhere does it state you'll be paying for a service and its routine maintenance.

^ Yes but 5 cues isn't worth £10 is it? and you shouldn't have to pay for no ads to have less lag as that's pay to win.

All i'm saying is if Nick offered more for Premium like recording or coloured fonts, table skins etc was popular then people may be interested.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:53 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's where the end users naivety/expectations come in. The fact the site is still accessible & in full working order should be more appreciated than it is imo. When nick created this site he made tweaks for the better and got it to a very good standard, with changing the dimensions of the tables and pockets etc.

^ and i'm appreciative for all his efforts but java will likely die in next few years or so, people won't want to keep switching browsers to play, when firefox nearly went under, some guys nearly quit then that's more members gone and even longer waiting times.

If the site wants to be saved, then action must be taken sooner rather than later before its too late.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:56 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
This game is solely at its best due to its gameplay, fluidity, realism and simplicity. It's very unfortunate the direction Oracle Java have decided to go but that doesn't mean this site will cease its functionality or accessibility anytime soon. IF and I repeat IF nick has the time to modify, enhance, change the programming language then fantastic but if not players need to reduce their expectations level and just accept the game we all enjoy and spend a lot of our own time on for just what it is and not what we'd like it to become.

^ People can't lower their expectations, that's the issue, You saw the quotes and those are from the people who don't play anymore. Reason is low numbers and no updates so it isn't worth their time.

You need Java to run the game however so if every browser cancels Java then the site will die but won't be for a few years yet.
jacko
jacko
18:40 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
we here the site shouldve died by now

it didnt

people are now saying next year

it wont

billions of programmes run java,, it wont close not for years
machines use it for millions of applications and until things are re-coded they wont kill it

im sick to death of reading its dying>>> who says where are the facts

everywhere ive read its says back doors will have to be left open
same with Flash

to many things run on it

get a grip
jacko
jacko
18:41 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
change the topic to
doom and gloom thread

and we all know better

you got it wrong you all said it would be dead at xmas
really
_epicshot_
_epicshot_
18:45 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
change the topic to
doom and gloom thread

and we all know better

really

Preach!
jacko
jacko
18:45 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
change the topic to
doom and gloom thread

and we all know better

really

Preach!

fact !!!!!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:46 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well Opera killed Java, Chrome killed Java, Firefox was suppose to kill Java but in 2018, so does anyone see a pattern emerging? Browsers are slowly doing away with Java and if they all kill Java the site dies, like it or not as without Java the site can't run.

Java has security vulnerabilities and it's easier for hackers so that's why Java was getting killed in the first place.

Technology has moved forward, the site has not, that's the problem.

With the current mentality the site will never move forward as still stuck in the Dark Ages and people can't accept this so the darkness spreads, unless someone wants to be the shining light to eliminate the darkness?.
_epicshot_
_epicshot_
19:49 Sun 19 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
change the topic to
doom and gloom thread

and we all know better

really

Preach!

fact !!!!!

Yeah same thing.. That's what I mean when I said Preach! I guess its American lingo lol . but I see agree!!
justsumgirl
justsumgirl
04:53 Mon 20 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
If ya cant stand the heat an all that
_gerardddd_
_gerardddd_
19:03 Mon 20 Feb 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Alright calm down, its get fustrating not being able to play properly because of game issues.. so after the first comment i made, i would like to take this chance to apologize..

TO ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!! THIS SCRAP RAT DOES WHAT HE WANTS
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

nick...........

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.