Back to Forum List.

_huts24_
_huts24_
21:58 Wed 7 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Vote Conservative Party tomorrow guys
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:17 Wed 7 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Meh not politics on here too Bored of seeing politic talk tbh as all politicians are all the same, full of empty promises.
chezz2
chezz2
03:07 Thu 8 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
you forgot to put 'Don't' before the thread title mate
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
03:42 Thu 8 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
James, Corbyn is different. There's a real reason why we're set for the biggest youth turnout for a very long time and why thousands of people show up to his rallies. He's been a politician for a long time and stuck by his guns, look at what he has voted for (largely anti war, anti austerity). He's inspirational to people and he will make the richest in society pay a little more in taxes which will have no effect on them, but they own the press and want Tories in because they will reduce tax on big companies and make the most vulnerable pay.

These papers then lie to make out like he supports terrorists and despite all logic against it people believe it. He was involved in negotiating peace in Ireland with both sides, but there's right wing propaganda linking him with the IRA and terrorists. Even though there's a former IRA member standing as a Tory MP, even though this year Theresa May has sold weapons to Saudi Arabia which has links to funding jihadi groups and Wahhabism (that's the form of Islam these terrorists follow).

Doctors and nurses have made many viral posts on social media about the need to vote labour because of the state the Tories have the NHS in (ready to privatise it). They are leaving because it's essentially more hour and less pay and departments are closing down.

Teachers have done the same with the cuts to our schools and they want to cut more that schools are getting desperate for funding.

Police cuts are similar too. PCSO's had to reapply for their own jobs at a lower wage. One of the viral posts was from a few years ago for an officer who previously won an award saying he quit because of the state it was in and that there's a gap in community policing which is a vital part of preventing terrorist attacks.

People have died weeks after losing their benefits because they've been declared fit for work with no fair testing done.

The list goes on much further. Labour have a fully costed manifesto, Tories haven't but slate labours for excessive spending (even though they would save money)

You may not like labour or Corbyn for whatever reason, but it's a two horse race and if you have to pick then it should be him. Tories are only in it for themselves. Not voting is as good as a Tory vote.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:17 Thu 8 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
The big push by the Tories for a hard brexit (that would mean more control but more cost ultimately) is winning people over because of a big media hype about immigration and how much it costs, though overall we actually make money from it. Considering things like the NHS get a lot of immigrant doctors this is another bad thing for it.

This is also split down into the refugee crisis, because of the war in Syria. To give you an overview of this: There's a civil war between government loyalists and rebels, then IS joined in against the loyalists but started killing civilians so they split and fight each other as well. The US joined in by bombing IS and supplying the rebels. Russia joined in by bombing IS and rebels and supporting Loyalists. Britain joined the US too by bombing IS targets and Iran joined the Russians and Loyalists to fight IS and rebels. Meaning Britain and USA's support of the rebels is limited to avoid upsetting Russia. All those sides cause severe civilian casualties, and the US led coalition (that includes the U.K.) is believed to be killing the most civilians out of all forces. People are right to be scared and flee their homes, they come to Europe and many die on the journey and some people in our country think we should send them back to Syria even though we have blown up some of their homes.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:21 Thu 8 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Now I'm not completely down with politics and there's probably many people on here more clued up than me. But I see far too many people believing the Daily Mail and The Sun's lies as well as the lies of the Tories.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:00 Thu 8 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
For me, i'm not for one or the other, i'll just be glad when it's over so we can get back to normality.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:43 Thu 8 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Corbyn's not a leader, he cannot answer direct fundamental and hypothetical questions. I wouldn't trust him if the worst case scenario ever were to happen, he'd try to negotiate than fight for his people's existence.

I also do not respect his approach to many things, it's so easy to be 'in opposition' to the Goverment as whatever Labour say it'll always play into the human psyche and paint the picture of how 'better things could be'. The fact is Labour's answer to EVERYTHING is to keep borrowing and borrowing more money than actually try to be responsible and economical with what we can already utilise.

Not a huge fan of Theresa May and she has her flaws, reducing the amount of police personnel back when she was the Home Secretary will always be frowned upon especially in this day and age where our own security should be paramount to the people. I will however give this government some credit and I truly believe we are getting better, so progression is being made...The Torries should complete what they've started.

The NHS needs to be improved, schools & education, housing, poverty, crime and justice, environmental issues etc all need to be improved but I'd much trust the present Government than a lacklustre, misguided, inefficient & backwards party in Labour. Ironic them being called Labour when most of their manifesto pledges won't really 'WORK' to get the Best out of our Britain! It was there ineptitude which created much of the debt too we face nowadays!

Edited at 13:47 Thu 08/06/17 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:52 Thu 8 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't get why the queen can't rule the country like they used to do? I don't like trusting any politician (or anyone) if our lives as it changes every 4 years?

Parliament is basically King and Queen is just like us, a Pawn, so why do we need a Queen if someone is King every 4 years?

Same for the US and other countries, Politicians for me promise you lots of stuff then go back on their pledges so i don't trust either person. David Cameron is an example of that, He wanted Brexit then soon as Brexit was decided then he quits as he felt it would ruin the country, yet he was the one who started the ball rolling.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:54 Thu 8 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm just bored of seeing every post, youtube ad etc about politics. Corbyn supports ISIS (likely "fake") and May will get Brexit Deal (No idea) but politicians lie all the time so why bother?
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:41 Thu 8 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Corbyn can't answer questions but May can? Did you watch any debates (well the ones that she bothered showing up to). Corbyn outperformed her, she refused to take him head on because she knows she'd lose. She only repeats what she is told and clearly has "key phrases" to revert to when asked questions even when repeated. She doesn't do debates because she could only lose them. If she's crap at debating how is she going to do negotiating?

Corbyn has negotiated peace, and won awards for it. He can negotiate. May has already tried to negotiate and got knocked back. She has said no deal is better than a bad deal which is appalling. She can't handle the pressure of a debate with 5-6 British politicians, so how will she do with nearly 30 foreign leaders.

If you've watch anything in parliament you'll know his position isn't an easy one because he is a threat to those politicians and they greatly outnumber him.

In what way are we getting better? More of the NHS is shutting down. There's more private contracts. There's less funding in schools. There's more cuts to come. The NHS, education system, Police, etc all need more funding and support which they won't get from May. She was a terrible Home Secretary and didn't listen to those with better experience than her.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:57 Thu 8 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2016/03/13/the-conservatives-have-been-the-biggest-borrowers-over-the-last-70-years/

Labour have borrowed less on average, repaid more on average and repaid for more years (even though the Tories have been in power for more years).

So what you've said there is simply untrue Ash.

Austerity doesn't work, it's been proven in these 7 years. National debt has increased with all the cuts. If you make people poorer you end up needing to give them hand outs which cost more. Ultimately it's the most vulnerable in society that will pay the price under the Tories while the rich get richer.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:03 Thu 8 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't get why the queen can't rule the country like they used to do? I don't like trusting any politician (or anyone) if our lives as it changes every 4 years?

Parliament is basically King and Queen is just like us, a Pawn, so why do we need a Queen if someone is King every 4 years?

Same for the US and other countries, Politicians for me promise you lots of stuff then go back on their pledges so i don't trust either person. David Cameron is an example of that, He wanted Brexit then soon as Brexit was decided then he quits as he felt it would ruin the country, yet he was the one who started the ball rolling.

You'd probably be better off googling that, but from my understanding of history it's roughly to do with a civil war between parliament and royalists which parliament won (but I could be very wrong because I haven't a clue about what happened after that )

And we're every 5 years unless it's called early.
fasteddie_
fasteddie_
06:02 Fri 9 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
The desire to become a politician should prevent you from ever becoming one... hey these guys are only out for themselves so why do people get so passionate about it all lol...do you think these people would ever vote for you lol?!...
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:05 Fri 9 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
hey these guys are only out for themselves

that's why i usually don't get involved.
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
15:35 Fri 9 Jun 17 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm just bored of seeing every post, youtube ad etc about politics. Corbyn supports ISIS (likely "fake") and May will get Brexit Deal (No idea) but politicians lie all the time so why bother?

James we don't really want a professional waver running country. Her sister burnt both feet getting in Bath. Try doing that it's not easy. Hardly running country material pal
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Vote Conservative Party

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.