charity torney

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:05 Fri 18 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
listen i am trying to get the admin to create an chartity torney but we need interest put ideas on or put interst ppl the more ppl the better plz show interst

from tallan "aka lightra"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:14 Fri 18 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
its a gd idea to have a charity tourno
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:35 Sat 19 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
how wud that work?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:52 Sat 19 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
but if its a charity tourny then ud have to pay rite...and not many ppl wuld pay wuld they?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:13 Sat 19 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah exactly
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:18 Sat 19 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think the gist of it would be along the lines of this. Everyone that enters pays £1.50 which would ALL go to charity. There would be a CD of your choice (or something similar) as a prize for the winner. So there is the chance to win a prize and even if you don't win you would be giving money to charity. Another suggestion could be that the winner could decide which charity to give to.

However this needs to be discussed within the admins to see if this would be a good idea. I'm reasonably happy to be involved and running it. But what I don't want to be do is running around asking for people to pay £1.50.

I think the DEC ad we run is there for users if they would like to donate to charity and that may be enough. I'm yet to be swayed either way. Sounds a good idea in principle but whether or not it would work is a matter of opinion!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:53 Sat 19 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Im happy to take part
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:59 Sat 19 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
i did actually notice that ad and contributed :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:59 Sun 20 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
why dont you get it like sponsored or something sponsors like charity stuff and for every person who enters the tournament they have to cough up a quid, its easy advertising for them and good charity work for us
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:32 Tue 22 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
well i still think that it isnt a gud idea!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:35 Tue 22 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
i charity tourney is a good idea and i for one am up for it but with the prize aspect if theres a prize then most of the money will be spent on that and another is how do we go about paying the money i for one have a solo and paypal account so that aint a problem but what about the younger users that havent got these facilities
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:46 Tue 22 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
well as i said i dont think it wud b popular
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:17 Wed 23 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
i agree with simon on that one
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:43 Wed 23 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
is no one listening to me? listen with the tsunami appeal they did this, some random businesses and charities set up a website and all you hat to do was click a link and thiose bsuinesses would donate however much money it was and the only benefit they got was the advertising and publicity
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:19 Thu 24 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah i'd take part if there was a sure fire way of collecting the money off ppl
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:54 Fri 25 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
why dont we just all donate the money and give the prize to up_and_comin now? =o) save all the hassle

sounds like a good idea though, how about postal orders to the value of £1 then anybody could take part. Advertise the tourny two weeks in advance, send the postal order to a designated address, with your user name ect and there we go....the person recieving the postal orders will go to get them cashed at a post office, buys the winners prize and donates the rest to charity, after the tourny has finished the winner sends there address to funkypool and whoever brought the prize will send it in the post.....and there you have it a charity tourny :O) the only problem i can think of is the fact that somebody wil have to give out there address which could obviously cause problems but surely there is a way around it somehow?? tell me what you think guys, just an idea :O)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:38 Sat 26 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
the best way is paypal or for those ppl who don't have it a postal order a week or 2 in advanceand u will recieve a e-mail confiring u in and yes a prize would be gd idea and we send it to a e-mail which eould be better and thanx for all ya surpport keep it up or we could also have the winner decide where the money goes to thanx you all again keep it plz we need more :) tallan "aka lightra"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:02 Mon 28 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
why dont u pay the money directly to a charity. the other problem is one of trust, whats to stop the person just doing a runner with the money? mean way of thinking but someone had to say it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:04 Mon 28 Feb 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
I know you weren't accussing me triangl, but I can promise if the money got to me it would go to the charity. Knowing a lot of people on here, they would all tell you that is the case.

But anyway I'm not sure this seems to have enough support, it may be easier to directly give to charity if people need to give, I believe DEC has stopped collecting money now.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:04 Tue 1 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
damn it took me ages to write that thread lol
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

charity torney

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.